Diakon Logistics

Diakon Logistics Reviews

Updated Jan 3, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great structure, good training and tools, contract with client was underfunded

Operations Manager (Former Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Diakon Logistics full-time for less than a year

ProsGood support from Corporate in Manassas, great networking with fellow managers across US, decent pay, you WILL work a LOT (50+ minimum)

ConsCompany makes low bids to clients and therefore your warehouse will suffer- poor location, worn out building with leaks and critters, low paid laborers

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to be the lowest bidder-- decrease the overall profit a smidge and you will be able to retain your good managers better

Great company to work for with great benefits

Driver (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Diakon Logistics full-time for more than a year

ProsVery fair and professional. Never will they ask you to do something that isn't in your best interest. Teams are incentivized and it pays to do a good job.

ConsClients can be demanding and if you don't please Mrs. Jones you will not do well.

Advice to Senior ManagementExpand to North West.

Take this Job, and you will become a Smoker!!!

Office Clerk (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Diakon Logistics

ProsAs an employee you are stretched to your max performance level. This became a pro, in a way, because I discovered that I was capable of doing more than I was aware of.

ConsOver worked and underpaid, unprofessional management, poor work conditions, extremely high level of stress, little room for advancement, unrealistic expectations on employees, long hours, dishonest leadership,

Advice to Senior ManagementDetermine appropriate expectations for each employee based on their environment. For example, did you place them in a quite office? Or, did you throw them into a cesspool pool of employees where everyone is expected act as receptionists and managers while blocking out tons of distractions and completing their own jobs at the same time?

Management that disrespects the client, disrespects the owner/operators and performs dishonestly should be replaced.

Don't expect employees to perform outside of their position without compensation.

Responsibility Accounting Done Wrong

Operations Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Diakon Logistics full-time

ProsThe salary is decent in this economy and there are some nice perks like the auto allowance and selecting your own staff.

ConsThe client interferes with and basically runs your operations, then steps back when things go wrong. There is little support from corporate in this respect.

This is very unfortunate for managers because Diakon uses responsibility accounting to evaluate performance. The problem is that they company does not distinguish between controllable and uncontrollable revenues and costs when doing so.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage honesty in the monthly ops report. Follow up on problem indicators within that report. Support the location managers. When the client is difficult, don't hold your managers accountable for costs that are out of their control.

Worked for Diakon Logistics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Diakon Logistics reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Diakon Logistics employees.