DialAmerica

Updated February 25, 2015
3.3

DialAmerica President and CEO Art Conway
Art Conway

Pros
  • Great part time job that really let you make some money if you worked hard (in 24 reviews)

• They have very flexible hours that work around your schedule (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Only part time so there are no health benefits but the pros out weigh this (in 18 reviews)

• I love working for DialAmerica however I wish they had more full time opportunities (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to start learning basic sales skills!

Current Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at DialAmerica full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is one of the oldest Telemarketing companies in America. It will never lose it's foothold as one of the most successful telemarketing companies in the world. The Supervisors are inspiring. The trainers genuinely love people and want you to win with your Sales Goals. I know some agents that make more that $900 a week. If you have a strong work ethic and learn skills quickly and master the art of the Close - you can make a fantastic career at Dial America. Mark Hall and Rod Hicks are some of the best supervisors that I've ever worked for. I'm proud to know them.

Cons

The pay can be pretty low for the faint of heart. If you don't know how to persevere through the hard patches when customers don't buy you may get discouraged and quit. This is not a job at McDonald's folks - you get paid decently IF you SELL! If you just ring customers and mouth a script you will make $320 a week minus taxes. If you don't have a work ethic; be on time, be 'coachable', and adapt then this will be a 90 day job for you because you did not try. Success comes if you CLAIM it - and that's with ANY sales job.

None to share - Management has a great focus on the future and values it's employess. It knows exactly how to develop it's staff and market share.

All together a great company to work for!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at DialAmerica part-time (more than a year)

Pros

All the managers are very dedicated, and willing to help their representatives to perform their best everyday. The work environment is fun, yet professional-I actually look forward to coming to work. Upper management personnel are approachable, and always treat you with respect at all times. Work hours are very flexible, I would recommend this job to anyone in sales.

Cons

If you've never been in sales, you need to be ready to learn and have good listening skills. If you do just that you will be fine and will love working for this company.

Keep up the good work! Keep Buffalo at #1

Being a full time UB student this is the best part time job I could've found.

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at DialAmerica part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I started at dial a year and a half ago and it has been a pleasant experience. I was surprised to hear about their flexible schedules and no constraints. This is one of the top reasons why I am still working here. The job is very straight forward. They give you a very detailed one week PAID training which explains you all they need you to work with. They will disclose all the tactiques and techniques for you to excel. I have been following those procedures and it has been keeping me on the top tier time to time. Supervisors are very helpful, whenever you need to talk to them they are available. They're very understanding when you have an emergency and you can't make it in. Everything in this company is fair game. I started to work in only their fifth third bank program and now I am able to work Sirius and LCG together with school! The pay is fair as well. If you work hard and deserve the incentives then you will definitely be awarded that.

Cons

The challenging part is calling customer who have never heard of the company or the product. This will eventually happen because you will take hundreds of calls in a day where you ll come across some rude phone calls.

My advise to the management is to invest the incentives they give on the call floor to the tier incentives. Instead of giving out $5 $10 and $20 I would recommend to save that up for our weekly ranked tier which will be more of an award for people who have worked hard the entire week.

Easy and fun

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at DialAmerica full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They're an friendly environment lots of positive energy and pay

Cons

I dont have any at the moment and I dont the moment and probably never will.

Great people, crappy pay

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at DialAmerica

Pros

Really positive office culture at the Knoxville branch. Nice people, monthly potlucks, friendly supervisors.
    Job is pretty straightforward once you get used to it.
    The people are great. I can't emphasize it enough. They make working here worthwhile.

Cons

Pay is crap, and it is not getting better. Almost no chance for earning more, either. Incentives are a joke ($0.15 per sale on my program, I think the highest is about $1, and only if you work night shift), and you only get them if you meet certain goals. So even if you make a million sales, if you get a lot of crappy calls, you still don't get your incentives.
    Also, company policy makes you feel like you are in high school again. No pens or paper are allowed, no cell phones in the building, only spill-proof cups and your headphone covers are allowed. No leggings without a knee-length skirt.

Pay your people a competitive wage! They work hard and they deserve it!

Not a bad gig... pays better than retail. Weekday work, night shirts too

Former Employee - Senior Marketing
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing

I worked at DialAmerica

Pros

pays better than retail. Weekday work, night shirts too

Cons

drama could have better games and prizes during the slow time.

More dress down days would be nice.

Not what was promised.

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent in San Diego, CA

I worked at DialAmerica full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work environment is mostly good.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations from supervisors. They expect you to turn garbage into gold when it comes to the inbound program.

Be honest with prospective employees. They're being hired for customer service, not sales.

sales agent

I have been working at DialAmerica

Pros

I currently work for this company and I must say it was shaky at first from the start but as time passes I have really grown to love my job and the company also. The Supervisors are very kind and I find that they really work to please the agents in any way they can .I was in a car accident and went to my Supervisor and the first thing out of their mouth was "Are you alright" which was shocking to me and then they said "How can we assist you during your process of healing "Since then my Respect for them has really grown. ,Their way of giving us incentives to make us work for sales is phenomenal I have really grown to LOVE my job and think working at Dial America is Fantastic.

Cons

There are Cons on all jobs but coming from a work force at General Motors I have learned to deal with Management on a Professional Level. I respect them because they have a job to do to keep the place running and I have a job to do as an employee

Keep up the good work and keep this one employee getting sales!!!!

Motivating staff. Comfortable environment. Gratifying work.

Current Employee - Employment Coordinator in Amherst, NY
    Current Employee - Employment Coordinator in Amherst, NY

I have been working at DialAmerica

Pros

Flexible hours, fun environment, welcoming team, and supportive management staff, Dialamerica is the bee's knees. Started off as an agent with no experience and immediately hit high on the incentive tier. I was even promoted after a month! There is always room for advancement with this company. It is a well established and respected company that quickly feels like home. You are surrounded by likeminded people with the same goals as yourself, personal growth, financial stability, and a great work/life balance.

Cons

I have no qualms with this company. Any issues you may have, they will make sure they are heard and handled.

the employees and staff were helpful and friendly

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Fairlawn, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Fairlawn, OH

I worked at DialAmerica

Pros

The best thing about working there was the chance to make more money by making more sales and you could also pretty much work the hours you wanted to

Cons

you could not always get a sale on every call, that was sometimes discouraging. sometime the other employees would get a little to loud while you where trying to make a sale

need to give raises, and benefits. make sure the employees keep the noise level down