DialAmerica

Updated January 25, 2015
3.3

DialAmerica President and CEO Art Conway
Art Conway

Pros
  • Great part time job that really let you make some money if you worked hard (in 24 reviews)

• They have very flexible hours that work around your schedule (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Only part time so there are no health benefits but the pros out weigh this (in 18 reviews)

• I love working for DialAmerica however I wish they had more full time opportunities (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

Motivating staff. Comfortable environment. Gratifying work.

Current Employee - Employment Coordinator in Amherst, NY
    Current Employee - Employment Coordinator in Amherst, NY

I have been working at DialAmerica

Pros

Flexible hours, fun environment, welcoming team, and supportive management staff, Dialamerica is the bee's knees. Started off as an agent with no experience and immediately hit high on the incentive tier. I was even promoted after a month! There is always room for advancement with this company. It is a well established and respected company that quickly feels like home. You are surrounded by likeminded people with the same goals as yourself, personal growth, financial stability, and a great work/life balance.

Cons

I have no qualms with this company. Any issues you may have, they will make sure they are heard and handled.

Great job if you wish to sell and not to be taken seriously.

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Charleston, SC

I worked at DialAmerica part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule. You submit your availability, and they do a fantastic job of working you in. Great for people in school, taking care of children, or just working for a little extra money.

Cons

Gimmicky sales tactics. People call in to activate their credit card, then you try to sell them different programs for their card after you "verify" that it's active. No commission structure, and poor pay. They took the commission structure away right before I started. Also, they don't like taking on full timers because they don't want to offer benefits.

great working environment and people that work there

Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant Specialist in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Business Consultant Specialist in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at DialAmerica

Pros

the environment is fun the schedule was flexibleyou can be successful if you are focused

Cons

if you have responsibilities this job may not be for you if you are the only person that handles it at the end of the month they send you home early they just put 19 employees on furlough until the 19th of January there is no need for a business professional wardrobe business casual will suffice

utilize some of your new people based off of experience that they've had their entire life not off of people who have been there and they actually don't perform as well as the new people and it seems to be a little bit of favoritism and management shouldn't yell so loud on the floor while people are trying to conduct business you can motivate but not with all that screaming in class in the floor is already loud

Great people-horrible management

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at DialAmerica part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Love the people I work with, are able to work with your schedule..some of the time

Cons

Management always seems to not make up their mind on what they want. No more incentive systems for people who work hard, never really been a clean environment. They make it more of a stressful environment than what it should be. The points system if you are sick from work.

Don't be so invasive, decide how you want things done-don't switch back and forth, bring back incentives. And get someone to vacuum and dust once in a while-some of us are sick and can't handle how dirty it is. Don't be bullies...the points system is unnecessary, and needing doctors notes..it's not school.

current employee review

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rochester, NY

I have been working at DialAmerica

Pros

family oriented, most of the people are fun to work with

Cons

don't advance right people within, need to improve on business environment and make it more suitable for employees, need to improve current employees (education) before bringing in new employees and training them

look within the company before hiring outside of the company, try fixing what you have before brining on more new just to make more profit or quota.

Low paying, but laid back

Current Employee - SiriusXM Sales Representative in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - SiriusXM Sales Representative in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at DialAmerica

Pros

They offer very flexible scheduling, which is perfect for me as a single parent. The work atmosphere is very laid back and everyone is pretty friendly. If you're re-entering the workforce after a leave of absence (as I am) this is good place to start out.

Cons

Rather low pay, not the world's most professional environment.

Dialamerica is a place of excellence

Former Employee - Bilingual Agent in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Bilingual Agent in Orlando, FL

I worked at DialAmerica full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent environment, wonderful paid training. Compassionate and happy place of work.

Cons

No cons from my side. I learned a great deal and had wonderful supervision!

You are one of the best companies to work for. I am grateful for the time spent working with and for you!

Good Experience Overall as far as Telemarketing Atmosphere.

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at DialAmerica part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Most positive atmosphere I've ever worked for as far as telesales and Sales leaders. This is a Telemarketing Company who outsources for SiriusXM Radio. Big emphasis is paid to work-life balance.

Cons

You are working sales leads for in with or outbound calling; very monotonous reading from a script. They need to be more discriminating with the GHETTO trash they hire, small cubes are so close together and some of the pro-fain language can be heard into your own headset.

Think about offering 40 hours consistently to those who want and need benefits, also for all the company makes, you could develop a better pay structure. Update your dialing system if you expect better efficiency. Get with the times and have a single number and and voice response system to Que calls to the appropriate person for situation customer's are calling in for. I had way to many calls being transferred to Customer Care that infringed my ability to get more sales. Extend your training period by another week to educate your new hires about your representative's stats and what is expected, you may see an improvement in your high turn-over rate of new hires.

Worst job I've had

Former Employee - Telemarketer in Westlake, OH
    Former Employee - Telemarketer in Westlake, OH

I worked at DialAmerica part-time (more than a year)

Pros

You can make your own schedule - Flexible hours. They try to make it fun - if and only if you make sales. They have games you can play, contests, prizes etc.

Cons

Where to even begin? This place borderlines on being a hostile work environment. You are only allowed 15 minutes throughout an entire shift (The shifts are 5-6 hours.) to be away from your desk. This includes bathroom breaks. And you are only allowed to go to the bathroom between certain hours. You must lock any possessions up in a locker. (Including your purse). You may not check your phone, even for a moment. That must be locked up as well. So you only have 15 minutes throughout a 6-hour shift to get to your belongings, check your phone for notifications/emergencies/go to the bathroom/eat a snack, etc. If you have to use the bathroom once you've exceeded your time, you can (and will) be denied. How they get away with this without being sued is beyond me. You must dress professionally to come in and sit on the phone and not interact with anyone. They have a very strict dress code that you must adhere to, for reasons beyond me. You may not have anything out in front of you on your desk. (Not even a pen.) The pay is awful. They have commission bonuses if you make sales, but they fluctuate so drastically and without rhyme or reason. You can make a certain pay one week with a certain number of sales, and then get the same number of sales the following week, but your commission will only be a fourth of what you made the week before. They are very nice to you if you get a lot of sales. If you don't, they don't want to have much to do with you, and will even call you into the office and make you feel even worse for not getting a lot of sales. (Even if you consistently do well - the first time you have a not-so-lucky week, they analyze everything you say/do and want you to re-tweak it.) They also want you to try five, six, seven, eight rebuttles. As many as you can fit in before the person hangs up. You have a very long script to read in each call. There are different managers who give you different suggestions and it gets very chaotic and frustrating very quickly. Also, you are not allowed to disconnect a call before the person on the other end disconnects it. I have worked in other call centers, and in every other one I have worked at, we have been allowed to disconnect, rather than wasting time listening to people belittle us. Also, customers have to specifically say 'put me on your do not call list' in order to be put on the do not call list. In every other job I've worked at, if a customer complains about being called or even indicates they don't want to be called anymore, we will put them on the list. This also helps us in avoiding wasting time calling people who are going to be angry and unwelcoming of a phone call, and who will yell and keep us on the phone inquiring why we continually call, when we could be using that time to talk to someone else who would potentially me much more of a prospect. None of the policies make sense. The scripts don't make sense and are very long and hard for customers to follow. The rules are over-the-top and unnecessary. All-in-all, this job is not good and I would not recommend it. There are other telemarketing jobs out there that are a little more down-to-earth.

Treat your employees like adults rather than children. Show them some respect as people. Allow them to have bad sales weeks, bathroom breaks, and fairness or some sort of consistency in pay. People should have an idea of what they are working toward rather than it be a guessing game each week.

Generally Positive Experience

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at DialAmerica part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Reasonable pay and hours, flexible schedule, and good environment.

Cons

Outdated hardware, software, and painful chairs.

Hire a competent programmer with a database specialty to revamp the call script program to something easier to navigate and less likely to crash.