DialAmerica

Updated January 25, 2015
3.3

DialAmerica President and CEO Art Conway
Art Conway

Pros
  • Great part time job that really let you make some money if you worked hard (in 24 reviews)

• They have very flexible hours that work around your schedule (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Only part time so there are no health benefits but the pros out weigh this (in 18 reviews)

• I love working for DialAmerica however I wish they had more full time opportunities (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

Low paying, but laid back

Current Employee - SiriusXM Sales Representative in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - SiriusXM Sales Representative in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at DialAmerica

Pros

They offer very flexible scheduling, which is perfect for me as a single parent. The work atmosphere is very laid back and everyone is pretty friendly. If you're re-entering the workforce after a leave of absence (as I am) this is good place to start out.

Cons

Rather low pay, not the world's most professional environment.

It was a supportive work environment

Former Employee - Telemarketer in Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Telemarketer in Ocala, FL

I worked at DialAmerica part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The staff is friendly and supportive the pay was pretty much full time pay for part time work

Cons

It was only part time

Keep being the best part of DialAmerica!

OK

I have been working at DialAmerica

Pros

Good and fun environment. very comfortable and easy going. they hire everyone. easy job. if you like making calls and sales then its good for you.

Cons

some times people just dnt want the service but they act as if you're the problem. customers are irritated with the number of calls received so you get tired of getting cursed out or to the point you dont want to call anyone.

Working conditions

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at DialAmerica part-time (less than a year)

Pros

They are some what flexible with the schedule.

Cons

Working in cold weather is not comfortable at all unless it is Summer time. It is like 60 degrees inside and 65 degrees outside. It is actually warmer outside then inside. When you ask for the heater whoever you tell just ignores you. And they do not allow to wear anything but a sweater but the management wears whatever they would like especially the manager's sister. She will wear a HOODIE while the rest of us freeze inside.

It is also not fair for people who are not bilingual to get raises and people who are bilingual to get stuck getting paid the same amount no matter how much time they have been working there and how hard they have worked.

If you want us to wear Dial appropriate clothing (not jackets) then please turn the heater on or at least turn the AC off. And if a CSR is not aloud to wear specific clothing then management and relatives of management should not either.

Treat bilinguals the same as non bilinguals, give them raises too.

Don't Stick with their Word

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at DialAmerica part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility with hours, Job Stability, Coworkers, Multiple Calling Programs

Cons

Ghetto coworkers...straight THUGS! Where do they find these people?, Multiple answers to questions, Broken Promises..they promise money, perks & bonuses & never deliver, they do things to motivate agents then don't follow through with what they told you (i.e. promised you), not enough Training...too short

Clean desk policy is ridiculous! Dressing up for the phones? Stupid, More time for breaks, not having to rush to eat, sneak food at your desk, Value your Workers. Pay them more & give them the freedoms you get yourself. Don't be Hypocrites.

Customer Service Rep

I worked at DialAmerica

Pros

Friendly co-workers within the building.

Cons

Not my type of work

Call center agent

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Buffalo, NY

I worked at DialAmerica part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Training, Professional down to earth environment.

Cons

Low pay base and at least 2 weeks training

Increase pay base.Cost of living is going up.

Never again

Former Employee - Coaching Specialist in North Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Coaching Specialist in North Charleston, SC

I worked at DialAmerica

Pros

It's a job. It pays.

Cons

Dial doesn't care about their agents or their supervisors. They will tell you to do something a certain way and when you do it, you are punished. The employee relations staff needs to actually relate to the agents. And unless you suck up to upper management, you won't ever move up in the company.

Actually treat staff/agents like they are adults who matter, and not disposable trash.

It's a job

Current Employee - Inbound Customer Service in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Inbound Customer Service in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at DialAmerica full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Easy to get hired. As long as you don't have a criminal background or crazy visible tattoos, you will most likely get hired. Decent starting pay ($9.25, once passed test & rec'd license you made $11.25) Steady paycheck (I got paid every Wednesday and it was about $360). You meet great people while working and become friends outside of work. The point system worked out well if you needed off because your kid woke up sick, you just received points. They were really good about request offs as well. I was never declined. You always felt that advancement with the company (team lead, ect) was in reach.

Cons

Soooooo monotonous!. No benefits, working Saturdays & sundays was beyond boring for the health insurance incoming call side, high turnover rate, ghetto people working there, ect

I understand the turnover rate is crazy, but if someone seems ghetto-fabulous, immature or not focused during an interview.. why hire them? Eventually, they are going to make a fool out of the company and not advance at all. It seemed like high school there sometimes with the immaturity. You don't have to hire EVERYONE who walks in that door for an interview. Maybe the turnover rate would be better if you said no to people who truly weren't fit for the part.

Amazing

Former Employee - Telemarketer in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Telemarketer in Buffalo, NY

I worked at DialAmerica part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great company and great way to move up eithin

Cons

Maximum hous a week you can work is 35 no benefite