Dialog Direct

Updated November 8, 2014
Updated November 8, 2014
2.8

Peter Schmitt

It was probably the coolest job I've ever had.

Former Employee - Dialoguer
    Former Employee - Dialoguer

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people you work with are great, you get to go out and meet the most magical people in the world, and you learn a lot from random strangers on the streets. Everyone has a deep passion for what they do and they commit to giving 110% every time they stop someone.

Cons

The weather, but who doesn't like dancing in the rain? Lol

Keep up your amazing attitudes and work ethics and make people happy and have them realize that they change the world every single day.

Really good co-workers, but managers are selected based on favoritism and not on knowledge.

Former Employee - Customer Service Advocate in American Fork, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Advocate in American Fork, UT

I worked at Dialog Direct part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Only good to gain Experience.

Cons

Don't work with your hours. Don't train well, and you have to learn all by yourself.
    Rarely raise pay for existing employees.

Train your management/leaders so that they can actually do their job and assist older employees. Older employees end up helping new ones rather than management.

Don't Work here!

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Troy, MI

I have been working at Dialog Direct full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I honesty can't think of one

Cons

Lack of communications, horrible benefits packaged, no room for growth

Management is very lack luster

Former Employee - DMI Agent in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - DMI Agent in Troy, MI

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (more than an year)

Pros

its a job that you can work till you get something else

Cons

Programs keep running out of calls and the leads are always really old and have already been contacted

Come up with a better way to promote within

Great company great opportunity

Current Employee - Director in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Director in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Dialog Direct full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people are great. The building is amazing. Strong executive leadership willing to invest in employees

Cons

Can not think of any

Keep it up

Okay for moment

Former Employee - Priority Health Medicare Licensed Health Agent in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Priority Health Medicare Licensed Health Agent in Troy, MI

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It keep a lot of people employed!

Cons

Turn around time is very bad. People either get laid off, fired or end up quitting.

To keep your word of what your schedule would be in the interview and be honest about the length of the job.

Ups and Downs

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Troy, MI

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pay, Location, some manager that cares about their reps

Cons

challenges hmmm lets see 1st management - experience of managers and supervisors or lack there of.
    2nd Lack of promotion, 3rd unprofessional reps ( language, dress code)
    4th favoritism
    to name a few

Need to screen better for leadership and not Passover reps that have proven themselves cause another manager has issue with them. I was demoted cause manager didn't like me.

A great place to work... In a recession!

Former Employee - Manager in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Manager in Troy, MI

I worked at Dialog Direct full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A great place to learn how not to do things. Very few things were done well or in a way worth repeating. There were a couple Director level managers that were great teachers and leaders.

Cons

This is a great place to work in a recession or when no other job opportunities are available. There is high turnover, so they are always hiring. Senior management is like a "old boys club", so women very rarely advance to high level positions. There is almost no consideration for work/home balance and low level managers on up are expected to be on call 24/7 to handle issues. Even low level managers are expected to log in to work at home and have email synced to their phones and the company will not reimburse for phone bills/data usages (some do get reimbursed, but you have to "know the right people" or be "in with the high ups" to get this perk). The human resources department employees have made friends with employees and refuse to address issues with said employees and facilitate a union type environment where managers are often questioned for disciplining employees and unable to take corrective action. Very unprofessional environment; dress code is rarely enforced and when managers try, HR over-rules them. Customer service representatives can be fired by one campaign and then human resources will try to bring in the fired employees to interview for other departments regardless of why the employee was fired in the first place. The CEO was erratic and would have outbursts on managers in front of everyone. Starting salary is extremely low for the amount of work expected. Raises are hard to come by - annual reviews and raises are part of company policy, but rarely happen. When raises do happen, they are small. Even for high performers, the maximum raise was 4% and 4% of nothing is still nothing.

The worst company worked for.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Troy, MI

I have been working at Dialog Direct part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Depends on which program you work for. Each program appreciates it employees differently.

Cons

The company operates on the homeboy system. If you are friends with a supervisor or manager you are surely to move up. No raises until next year. Loyalty does not exist. You can be fired on your 8 year anniversary instead a cake it is the red and white box. Your hours can be cut down with no warning. Such 8 hours a week. Who can live like that.

Upper management needs to listen to the lower level employees because we are your front line. We know exactly what is going on.

Great Place to grow but not a stable company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Dialog Direct full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people are great and the building environment is fantastic. It pays better than most call centers.

Cons

They are constantly changing your schedule, demoting middle management for "business needs" and it's impossible to keep up with the ever-changing requirements for your scorecards. The manager was basically non-existent, he just hung out with his buddy a lot, so you have to depend solely on the support of the middle management supervisors who are all amazing at their jobs.

Job stability is important to employees. My entire employment I was unsure if I would be able to keep my pay rate, my position, my schedule and sometimes even my job. The constant changes made working here unbearable.

Dialog Direct Photos

Our employees dressed up for spirit week
Celebrating Halloween at Dialogue Marketing