DialogueDirect

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Director  in  Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Director in Troy, MI

I have been working at DialogueDirect full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work-life balance, compensation and benefits and opportunities for growth. During my time here, I have seen changes for the better and there are more changes for the future that will be better.

Cons

I actually have none to list. During my time here, things have only gotten better. The company is going through growing pains right now but they are working diligently to keep the employees in the loop and that's what I expect a good company to do.

Keep up the good work.

Will invest in you if you are invested

Current Employee - Team Leader
    Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at DialogueDirect full-time for more than a year

Pros

Performance based pay, if you are willing to work and get the job done you get paid more than someone who will not. Very easy to get promoted if you are willing to put in the work. There are many travel opportunities as well. Pay is good and does not depend on your position for the most part.

Cons

You have to stand a lot for this position. You are to take a lot of rejection in order to be the most successful.

Come for the Cause, Stay for the Career

Current Employee - City Coordinator  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - City Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DialogueDirect full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Opportunity to represent international non-profits & make a lasting change in the world around you
    - Ability to go home at the end of the day and know exactly how many people's lives were impacted as a result of your work
    - Develop phenomenal communication skills
    - Build confidence
    - Personal and Professional Growth- Gives you the opportunity to build a skill set that you can use to advance in your career within Dialogue Direct or that you can apply to other career opportunities outside of the company
    - Not your typical office job- coworkers become close friends both inside and outside of work
    - Travel incentives to different offices around the US/Mexico as well as the chance to work hands on with our charity partners in the field
    - Financial Compensation: Not your typical hourly 9:00-5:00, $10/HR job. Hard work, drive and ambition pays off (literally). The more effort you put into the job the more you are rewarded
    - Benefits: Healthcare, vision, dental and more paid vacation than you're likely to find anywhere outside the EU
    - Genuine excitement and passion about what you do

Cons

- Adversity. People don't wake up every morning expecting to sponsor a child, if they did we wouldn't have a business. Fundraising is not easy, if you are intimidated by a challenge this is not the position for you. - Definitely not a position for those who lack ambition and/or work ethic. The compensation is generous, however you have to work for it.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Former Fundraiser

I worked at DialogueDirect

Pros

Meet lots of People. Make decent money

Cons

Performance based pay means that every day can be stressful

Ok

I worked at DialogueDirect full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good people, great environment

Cons

Outside all day, very rude people in the streets

Ke

Great people but lagging salaries and apparent indifference towards non ops employees.

I have been working at DialogueDirect part-time

Pros

We are working for great causes. As people, my co workers and managers are just great.

Cons

Lagging Salaries, well below the market level - no yearly inflation adjustments. Apparent indifference on behalf of upper management in regards to employee performance - some employees seem to work very hard, and others seem to not put much effort into their job al all and yet there is no distinction because there are no performance reviews, no opportunity to earn a rise - it all is very stagnant.

Pay more attention to non ops employees. There is a general feeling that it's only the Ops employees who get the rises, who get the opportunities to grow. Non Ops employees are also valuable to the growth of a business. An employee feels valued through tangible acts, such as growth opportunity and pay rises when they are fairly earned. I recognise there has been an effort on behalf of the new leadership to make non ops employees feel valued.

IF you're the right person, this job can be great

Former Employee - Fundraiser  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Fundraiser in Denver, CO

I worked at DialogueDirect full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to work with some of the most incredible people. The job is fun, enriching, challenging, and for an amazing cause. You learn a lot about yourself very quickly. Advancement is clear cut, so you know what's expected of you. It is an incredibly positive atmosphere. And, you get to work outside.

Cons

It takes a special kind of person to be able to do this job. You will get rejected by a lot of people every day, and you have to stay positive. This IS high pressure, so don't fool yourself. You have to meet a quota, and your income is commission based, so you can make a lot, or hardly anything at all. Also, you have to be outside every day. I know I put that as a positive too, but it's not fun when it's snowing. If you are not the type of person who can keep a positive outlook in the face of adversity, do not take this job.

Keep doing you. I have much love for the higher ups. This team feels more like family than coworkers <3

Fun to do, but not an actual job.

Former Employee - Fundraiser  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Fundraiser in Chicago, IL

I worked at DialogueDirect full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great for networking and meeting new people.
    Team is very helpful and work feels rewarding spiritually.
    Personal development is prioritized.
    Fun for the most part.

Cons

You work outside, rain, snow, or extreme heat.
    Pay structure is done in a way that even of you get a ton of sign ups your checks will look miniscule.
    High turnover.
    Long hours, unpaid breaks.
    No flexibility.
    Young, inexperienced, management.
    Pyramid scheme corporate structure.

Work out a better pay plan, the current salaries are less than living wage in Zambia....

Pyramid pay scale. Great for the first in, is hard to make any money unless you have others under you.

Current Employee - Dialoguer  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Dialoguer in Denver, CO

I have been working at DialogueDirect full-time for less than a year

Pros

easy fun job for kids who have no financial responsibility. No rules and complete anarchy when it comes to any authority.

Cons

Everyone at the top gets paid on all sponsorships but you only get paid if you get "your numbers" minus the minimum wage and work saturdays if you dont get the numbers but still dont get overtime.

Pay people a decent wage and stop hoarding all the money. Retention should be the priority. You starve out all the new starts so they wont recieve benefits. I see the strategy you are using to bleed all the dialoguers and operate a grinder operation to turn out newbies every three weeks.

DialogueDirect Response

Aug 13, 2014CEO

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate hearing directly from our staff and agree our work is rewarding and challenging.

DialogueDirect offers a profit sharing model for our team leaders and
    ... More

Great job for students

I have been working at DialogueDirect

Pros

Helps to get more self-confident

Cons

Ability to travel cuz they have offices around the world

Worked for DialogueDirect? Contribute to the Community!