DialogueDirect Reviews

Reset
3.9
DialogueDirect CEO Mike Wakeland
Mike Wakeland

Pros
  • Develop phenomenal communication skills (in 8 reviews)

• Pay is good and does not depend on your position for the most part (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours on your feet, need higher base pay (in 5 reviews)

• The only "con" I can think of would be a lot of rejection (in 3 reviews)

1. A great place to grow!

Current Employee - Fundraiser in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Fundraiser in Denver, CO

I have been working at DialogueDirect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are many positive aspects to working for DD, but the one that sticks out most for me is the fantastic team atmosphere. You get to be surrounded by like-minded individuals striving to achieve meaningful goals.

Cons

This position is not for those who are not somewhat thick-skinned. Rapid-fire rejection can be very disheartening, but if you can keep the common goal of helping children in mind, you'll be a-okay!

Advice to Management

The way DD is run is great in that there is exponential room for growth, and those who strive for success can make A LOT of money because of the base, plus bonus pay structure. My only advice would maybe be to switch up how the ladder works so that those who are SO close to promotions are hindered by 1 individual on their team who decide for their own reasons to go in another direction.

Jul 29, 2015 – Public Relations Coordinator

Thank you for your wonderful review and your suggestions. You make this a great place to work! Happy fundraising!

2. Children International Fundraising Rep in DC

Former Employee - Children International Sales Representative in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Children International Sales Representative in Washington, DC

I worked at DialogueDirect

Pros

Great work-life balance, coworkers have a great up-beat and inclusive vibe, plenty of potential for growth and increase in pay

Cons

Facing constant rejection, working on the streets even in the worst weather, commission-based pay, it takes talent, patience, and time to start getting good at it and making solid money.

Advice to Management

Increase base pay, provide more weather protection (hand warmers, hats, etc.).

Jul 29, 2015 – Public Relations Coordinator

Thank you for your work with us, and your review. We will definitely take steps to ensure that all of our fundraisers have adequate weather protection. If you have suggestions on specific articles of ... More

3. Great Place to work but tough job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at DialogueDirect part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people. Games that they come up to help loosen you up in the morning. Relaxed work environment. Free redbull!

Cons

The Job entails dealing with alot of rejection since you are approaching people on the streets asking for their credit card. Stressful but not the fault of the company, just the nature of the job.

Jul 29, 2015 – Public Relations Coordinator

Thank you for your work and your review. We're glad you've enjoyed the work and the New York office so much. We should look into an endorsement deal from Redbull, shouldn't we? Keep up the great work! ... More

5. Great opportunity for people loving to give and are good with sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at DialogueDirect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun team to work with, very easy schedule, and the business is doing good to benefit the ones in need.

Cons

Lots of standing, constant rejection, and working outside so bathrooms/weather can all be an issue.

Jul 29, 2015 – Public Relations Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave your reviewm and for your work with us. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors!

6. All for profit

Current Employee - Canvasser
    Current Employee - Canvasser

I have been working at DialogueDirect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro that I can't think of is that you are helping unfortunate children in select countries.

Cons

If you are quiet and reserved you won't do fairly well. They pride themselves on out going people in and out the office. When I did this I enjoyed talking to people and did my job BUT my attitude or my quietness inside office walls were not ideal so I left.

Advice to Management

Try not to have someone so arrogant. One of the leaders openly told a woman off on the street and said that she is not an caring person because she couldn't donate at the time. My super advice would have more compassionate people.

Jul 20, 2015 – Public Relations Coordinator

Thank you for your review and your feedback. It is true that an outgoing personality and interpersonal skills are necessary for our form of fundraising. We strive to ensure that all of our ... More

7. For profit organization run by incapable managers

I worked at DialogueDirect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only positive about this organization is working with the fundraisers on the street. Those that havnt gotten promoted yet work very hard, are character people and give you motivation throughout the day.

Cons

The managers are arrogant, stubborn and rather incapable. This organizations blueprint is turnover and has no interest in retaining quality employees. This type of culture drives away professional, compassionate people who came to make a difference. Once I realized how much this FOR PROFIT organization brings in on each donor I had no choice to quit. I am a bit embarrassed I wasted time here. If you are considering working for this organization do not, volunteer somewhere for a resume builder for if you choose this organization you will be making money (way too much) for the type of people they claim not to be.

Advice to Management

Promote quality employees, be straight forward about the practices within the organization. I dont know if this would be viable however because it may not be revenue generating.

Jul 20, 2015 – Public Relations Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback. DialogueDirect has one of the highest employee retention rates in the face-to-face fundraising industry, due to our dedication to individual training and professional ... More

DialogueDirect Canvassing

Former Employee - Canvasser
    Former Employee - Canvasser

I worked at DialogueDirect

Pros

The people who worked for DialogueDirect tended to be intelligent and fun. It was a good learning experience for getting out of one's comfort zone in talking to strangers and handling unexpected conversation.

Cons

The business model is fairly competitive and can be zero-sum among employees. The model also sets more people up for failure than for success. There is an extremely high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Shifting priorities and measurements of success could improve employee retention and morale. Increases in both of these fields would likely lead to greater long-term success of the organization.

May 21, 2015 – Public Relations Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback and your review. We're glad you enjoyed working with your team and that you experienced personal growth during your time with us. We understand that the work is ... More

Dialoguer

Current Employee - Dialoguer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Dialoguer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at DialogueDirect

Pros

great working environment that has very fun and motivating people. The office as a whole has nothing but great people in it.

Cons

the cons are that the base pay is pretty low for the about of time that we spend on the street trying to stop random people in order to get the to sponsor.

Advice to Management

they need to increase the base pay alot of people are working very hard out in the field and deserve to have a pay bump.

Apr 27, 2015 – Public Relations Coordinator

Thank you for your work and your fantastic review! Great people like you make us the company we are.

Long term employee, learned many great skills.

I worked at DialogueDirect full-time

Pros

This is a place where you can make great friends, lots of money, and support great causes.

Cons

Terrible "churn and burn" mentality about employees, hiring all the time and then firing people off. They don't know how to develop people. Extremely unqualified managers are never removed from their positions. Flagrant sexual harassment especially towards women. Don't expect to be treated like an educated adult in this company.

Advice to Management

Bring in outside consultants and managers to help advance the business and the culture, the model is too insular and prevents learning best practices from outside the company itself.

May 1, 2015 – Public Relations Coordinator

Thank you for leaving your feedback. We agreed that you can form great friendships with your co-workers here. We do put a lot of work into our training methods, and as such, we have the best ... More

11. So grateful to be part of this team!

Current Employee - Team Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at DialogueDirect full-time

Pros

If you're passionate about helping others and aspire to change in the world one person at a time, you enjoy interacting with incredibly inspiring people, you have a positive attitude and aren't afraid to work hard, then this is the right place for you. There are tons of opportunities to learn and grow, both personally and professionally, to develop an advanced skill set that would be beneficial no matter what career path you choose to follow later on, and to have fun while meeting hundreds of cool individuals either on the street or at the office. It's hands down one of the most efficiently managed fundraising agencies out there, while maintaining a solid atmosphere of comradery among staff members. Highly recommend it.

Cons

Fundraising, in general, is not for the faint-hearted. However, as long as you bring an enthusiastic, can-do attitude with you every day, are willing to work hard and go the extra mile, and possess a student mentality that will allow you to listen and apply everything you learn along the way, then there are numerous amazing Team Leaders that will ensure that you reach whatever goal you set out for yourself. Success in this field is very much in your control.

Feb 13, 2015 – Public Relations Coordinator

Thank you for this fantastic review! We wouldn't be the company we are without leaders like you. Happy fundraising and thank you for your work!

RSS Feed </> Embed