DialogueDirect Reviews

Reset
4.1
DialogueDirect CEO Mike Wakeland
Mike Wakeland

Pros
  • Develop phenomenal communication skills (in 8 reviews)

• Pay is good and does not depend on your position for the most part (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours on your feet, need higher base pay (in 5 reviews)

• The only "con" I can think of would be a lot of rejection (in 3 reviews)

1. Great Place to work but tough job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at DialogueDirect part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice people.
    Games that they come up to help loosen you up in the morning.
    Relaxed work environment.
    Free redbull!

Cons

The Job entails dealing with alot of rejection since you are approaching people on the streets asking for their credit card.

Stressful but not the fault of the company, just the nature of the job.

2. Great opportunity for people loving to give and are good with sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at DialogueDirect full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun team to work with, very easy schedule, and the business is doing good to benefit the ones in need.

Cons

Lots of standing, constant rejection, and working outside so bathrooms/weather can all be an issue.

Dialoguer

Current Employee - Dialoguer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Dialoguer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at DialogueDirect

Pros

great working environment that has very fun and motivating people. The office as a whole has nothing but great people in it.

Cons

the cons are that the base pay is pretty low for the about of time that we spend on the street trying to stop random people in order to get the to sponsor.

Advice to Management

they need to increase the base pay alot of people are working very hard out in the field and deserve to have a pay bump.

Apr 27, 2015Public Relations Coordinator

Thank you for your work and your fantastic review! Great people like you make us the company we are.

DialogueDirect Canvassing

Former Employee - Canvasser
    Former Employee - Canvasser

I worked at DialogueDirect

Pros

The people who worked for DialogueDirect tended to be intelligent and fun. It was a good learning experience for getting out of one's comfort zone in talking to strangers and handling unexpected conversation.

Cons

The business model is fairly competitive and can be zero-sum among employees. The model also sets more people up for failure than for success. There is an extremely high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Shifting priorities and measurements of success could improve employee retention and morale. Increases in both of these fields would likely lead to greater long-term success of the organization.

May 21, 2015Public Relations Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback and your review. We're glad you enjoyed working with your team and that you experienced personal growth during your time with us. We understand that the work is ... More

Long term employee, learned many great skills.

I worked at DialogueDirect full-time

Pros

This is a place where you can make great friends, lots of money, and support great causes.

Cons

Terrible "churn and burn" mentality about employees, hiring all the time and then firing people off. They don't know how to develop people. Extremely unqualified managers are never removed from their positions. Flagrant sexual harassment especially towards women. Don't expect to be treated like an educated adult in this company.

Advice to Management

Bring in outside consultants and managers to help advance the business and the culture, the model is too insular and prevents learning best practices from outside the company itself.

May 1, 2015Public Relations Coordinator

Thank you for leaving your feedback. We agreed that you can form great friendships with your co-workers here. We do put a lot of work into our training methods, and as such, we have the best ... More

Upward mobility and a great cause!

Current Employee - Fundraiser in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Fundraiser in Denver, CO

I have been working at DialogueDirect full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DialogueDirect has a fantastic team atmosphere working for an amazing charity, Children International. On top of that, the pay and benefits are great, provided that you work hard and maintain a great attitude. It is great feeling that you have a family across the country that all have the same goal in mind, and that there is a great deal of travel opportunity.

Cons

It can be stressful dealing with the public at times, especially when it's cold outside!

Feb 13, 2015Public Relations Coordinator

Thank you for this great review! We love our Denver team, and its because of amazing words like this. Happy fundraising!

8. So grateful to be part of this team!

Current Employee - Team Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at DialogueDirect full-time

Pros

If you're passionate about helping others and aspire to change in the world one person at a time, you enjoy interacting with incredibly inspiring people, you have a positive attitude and aren't afraid to work hard, then this is the right place for you. There are tons of opportunities to learn and grow, both personally and professionally, to develop an advanced skill set that would be beneficial no matter what career path you choose to follow later on, and to have fun while meeting hundreds of cool individuals either on the street or at the office. It's hands down one of the most efficiently managed fundraising agencies out there, while maintaining a solid atmosphere of comradery among staff members. Highly recommend it.

Cons

Fundraising, in general, is not for the faint-hearted. However, as long as you bring an enthusiastic, can-do attitude with you every day, are willing to work hard and go the extra mile, and possess a student mentality that will allow you to listen and apply everything you learn along the way, then there are numerous amazing Team Leaders that will ensure that you reach whatever goal you set out for yourself. Success in this field is very much in your control.

Feb 13, 2015Public Relations Coordinator

Thank you for this fantastic review! We wouldn't be the company we are without leaders like you. Happy fundraising and thank you for your work!

9. Best place in the world

I have been working at DialogueDirect

Pros

Some of the greatest moments in my life have come in my short time with working with Dialogue Direct. the positive energy they always bring along with all the knowledge I have in my abilities now

Cons

no cons in my opinion best place to work in the world

Feb 13, 2015Public Relations Coordinator

Thank you for your review!

10. Came for the cause, stayed for the fun.

Current Employee - Fundraiser in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Fundraiser in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DialogueDirect full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I started at DD in 2010 intending it to be a temporary gig and have made it a career for a number of reasons. First and foremost, our charity partner Children International does amazing work. I have been sponsoring multiple kids for several years and have been extremely pleased with it. The benefits are top notch, 100% coverage and $0 deductible health insurance as well as free vision and dental. In this age digital isolation and desk jobs being able to be outside talking to real people about a pressing social issue is refreshing. The job is stimulating, challenging, and different every day. The office culture is house-partyesque, every morning the music is bumpin, everyone is bantering, practicing, and generally having a ball.

Cons

Better be ready to bust, this job is not for the faint of heart.

Advice to Management

More travel trips!

Apr 3, 2015Public Relations Coordinator

Thank you so much for your review, this is fantastic! We wouldn't be who we are without you, keep rocking it in Seattle!

11. Happiness

Current Employee - Canvasser in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Canvasser in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DialogueDirect

Pros

Meet new people. Help people. Change the world.

Cons

Job is a team effort and varies with society and different people.

Advice to Management

More awareness

Feb 4, 2015Public Relations Coordinator

Thank you for your work and your review. Happy dialoguing!

RSS Feed </> Embed