Diamond Diagnostics

Updated December 18, 2014
Updated December 18, 2014
3.3

Steven Kovacs

Good company but you need to be up to a challenge

I worked at Diamond Diagnostics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company that is still growing and moving forward , which means if you are up to the challenge you can go anywhere within the company. owned by two brothers who understand the FDA and ISO and some great people work there. HR is a good resource and everyone is very helpful. Culture of the company is on good values, helping customers to succeed and customer first . I still have friends who work there I would still be there if I did not move.

Cons

Gowning pains , so if you not up to the challenge you can fall to the wayside and lose out.

Training , training and follow up training

Some things were okay

I worked at Diamond Diagnostics full-time (less than an year)

Pros

High pay, nice office space, some very nice people.

Cons

I decided to wait a year before writing this, so my anger has subsided completely, but when I did work there I remember being angry all the time. I was hired to do a certain job, and the moment I started working there they placed me in a different job. Frustrating, but I am talented enough to do ANYTHING, so I didn't mind. I remember liking everyone at the company except the managers, who were complete bureaucrats that only care about completing their unnecessary and time-consuming paperwork. The CEO and his brother are cool people when they're not at work (maybe, would never want to spend the time to actually get to know them) but at the office they are highly religious and obnoxious. They belittle people in their offices and don't like to hear reality. Their priorities are also way off base. They are still trying to update the user manuals for products that were released in the 1990s. They haven't updated their website in well over 4 years, despite having more than enough technical expertise in the company to do so. This company, which was once innovative has stalled and has no interest in creating new products to sell. Everything at this company is about 4 years behind the times.

So anyway, I was working on a very involved project, making a training video for one of their products, trying to get time with the right people to make it happen and struggling to find the resources to make it possible. I got about 95% done with the project, then on a Friday morning they tell me there is a problem with my access card (the one that gets you in the building) and they replace my access card with a broken one. That was Red Flag #1 that something was going on, but I ignored it and went about my day. They also told me there was a problem with my computer that day and I couldn't access it. Red flag #2. By this point I did know what was going on and calmly finished up my day and went home. I got a call around 7:30pm that night from the recruiter who found me the job that I was fired. The company's HR person did not even take the time to notify me I was being fired or let go and never once told me there was a problem with my performance. I consider this very spineless. I feel the company is misguided and struggling to catch up with their competitors.

Get a new website, stop being so bureaucratic and don't be afraid to interject some new ideas into the company.

High paced, busy and challenging

I worked at Diamond Diagnostics

Pros

Days were never the same and flew by
    Job was constantly evolving
    Pretty much left to do my work without micromanaging

Cons

Lots of deadlines and not enough time

Better software for time or project management
    difficult to keep tab on everything to do

Communistic Dictatorship!!!!

Former Employee - Secretary in Holliston, MA
    Former Employee - Secretary in Holliston, MA

I worked at Diamond Diagnostics full-time

Pros

The company had many nice employees and is ISO certified. Therefore, it was a nice team-based environment to work in and very organized. Very clean offices.

Cons

As the former right hand of the CEO, I had to witness several inappropriate and unprofessional ways of dealing with employees - if at the domestic office or foreign offices. The CEO is very bad tempered and has horrific peoples skills. He would engage in personal attacks and inappropriate emotional out-bursts. The CEO and his brother would constantly impose their extreme religious views on the staff as well as openly campaign their radical political views as Republicans via emails to all employees during election seasons.
    Engineers are extremely underpaid but forced to add more work hours for the same compensation. When talking to employees in private, most of them are severely unhappy at this company but feel "trapped" due to the limited job market.

When employees would leave the company, the CEO would still write emails through their email accounts in their names to avoid the shame of having such a high employee turn-over. The CEO also uses "alter-ego's" and fake names to communicate with clients. He would also communicate in his native language to his hired family members in front of staff. The company in general seems to hire people that are "desperate to get a job" in terms of high age, untrained skills, immigration status or family status - so the CEO can "tyrannize" them easier in their fear of loosing their jobs.

This blog does not have enough space to add all the other cons I could report about Diamond Diagnostics. All I can say is: THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR!

Fair and good company to work for

Former Employee - Sales in Holliston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Holliston, MA

I worked at Diamond Diagnostics

Pros

Daimond has grown for the past eight years and because of this the owners Steven and Peter Kovacs have grown the business well. They focus on quailty and service to all thier customers. Each year their focus was on improviing quailty.

Cons

Growing company , so some growing pains, If I had not moved I would still work there.

More management training

Diamond Diagnostics a small company that exploits its workers.

Former Employee - Engineer in Holliston, MA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Holliston, MA

I worked at Diamond Diagnostics

Pros

It is a small company. So you would have a personal relationship with every co worker. It was a very family like atmosphere.

Cons

It was a family like atmosphere which meant it was not a professional environment. There was no real training. The turn over rate was amazing with some people quitting after a few days. They gave two weeks of vacation but then told you you had to take a week at Xmas. There was no sick leave and you would have to use your vacation. One of my coworkers had a broken leg and had to use all the vacation time accured.

They insisted I complete my work but would not train me to do it.