Diamond Foods Reviews

1. Great people, long hours, young/new management

Current Employee - Supervisor in Stockton, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Stockton, CA

I have been working at Diamond Foods full-time

Pros

Good pay
    Great coworkers
    Great job coming right out of college

Cons

Young management with limited background ( not very diverse in experience as this was most of their first jobs)

Hire diverse background at management level as they can bring new and bright ideas on ways to creat efficiency.

2. Best experience I've had to date

I have been working at Diamond Foods full-time

Pros

I realize it's all about who you work for, but I couldn't be happier with the team I work with. And the company has come out of hard times and is honestly trying to redirect its vision with heavy input from employees in developing the organizatinon's mission and values.

Cons

Breaking free from the past leadership style and the different cultures across locations can be challenging at times, but senior leadership is working hard to right the ship.

Listen to the employees and make them feel as if they have an opportunity to advance and have their ideas see action.

I think there is a reason former employees are trying to warn future employees from working here.

I worked at Diamond Foods

Pros

- The brands have a lot of potential!
    - The office location is great

Cons

- Lack of good leadership
    - No employee value
    - Very political work environment

Consider valuing the employees that work there they are not just resources. There is a reason the employee turnover rate is this high and everybody good has left or trying to leave.

5. Lots of potential!

I have been working at Diamond Foods full-time

Pros

Company is changing, its re inventing itself and while painful, going in the right direction.

Cons

Some tenured employees still can't let go of the past. Some key roles need different leaders

Be courageous, listen to people and make the right changes at top levels

6. A work environment I would gladly jump upon once again.

Former Intern - Client Support Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Former Intern - Client Support Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Diamond Foods as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Work was fast paced and I was exposed to much of the tools and strategies a client support analyst will do on a day to day basis. There was a lot of freedom a Client Analyst had, from helping customers, down to asset management.

Cons

Not enough exposure to some of the helpdesk tools that I felt would help me during my current employment. I only had a brief glance at Diamond's ticketing system and it would have been great to respond to some of the problems the people in the company had.

Be willing to help interns out with more of the daily duties. At least exposure to the ticketing system would help in the long run.

7. Culture

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Diamond Foods full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Their current brands are great....but be advised none of them make money except for POP SECRET

Cons

with out a doubt one of the worst company cultures I have experienced. They will sell you on all the changes they have made but once you get in...be prepared for a whole different experience. IK was warned by current employee's not to work there for a multiple of reason, unfortunately I did not heed their advice. Skip this company and move on!!

stop leading your team through a spreadsheet....Be passionate about each other. You will not will by managing your business through a system!!

Great Brands, Lack of Leadership

I have been working at Diamond Foods full-time

Pros

- Great Brands
    - Great Office location
    But that's about it

Cons

The company hires people with great experience but senior leadership does not appreciate their input or even engage team in the process. And when you provide feedback based on many years of experience, your inputs are challenged and dismissed. There is even a condescending tone in which many managers talk to their team. The senior leadership team (VP and above) make decisions in a vacuum and do not bring along the rest of team, missing key valuable input along the way. The overall treatment of employees, lack of engagement and empowerment is the worst I have ever seen. There are some politics and favoritism but more importantly it is about the environment. As you look around, no one wants to be there, the turn over is unreal, everyone is looking and Diamond is doing nothing about it. The culture is toxic. A remodel and thirsty Thursdays are not going to change that.

First, figure out the strategic vision for the company. Start empowering your employees to make decisions and support them in those decisions. Stop playing favorites and making others feel like outcasts. This is not a high school popularity contest.

9. Horrible Company to Work For, Bad Office Politics

I have been working at Diamond Foods

Pros

Nothing, I don't even see anything that an employee will benefit from this company, Bad Sales too. If you look at the reviews here, it is mostly consistent, like what my Marketing Professor told us, A large number of people cannot be wrong! Get a clue people, change your ways!

Cons

From the Interview process, to Poor reviews here, everything is such a s mess!!! Can you believe people have been asked on the First Interview process how they deal with Office Politics? Seriously? Can You save it for the second or Third interview, in my 10 years of working, etc, most interviews now are so STANDARD and all questions are like exams, and most questions are Technical and Pertaining to the day to day work! Really You are asking about office politics on the first interview? Maybe all your HR People should go back to school!

Do not ask about office politics as a Main question in the interview process, it even makes your reputation bad, gross, etc.

10. It was okay

Former Employee - QA, Line Leader in Albertville, AL
    Former Employee - QA, Line Leader in Albertville, AL

I worked at Diamond Foods full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I needed a job and got hired. I did learn quite a few things about the industry and my job.

Cons

Very stressful, no positive feedback to the employees, very little concern for employees well being.

11. Look elsewhere

I worked at Diamond Foods

Pros

Free product to take home
    Nice weather
    Great brands
    Most of the people are nice and genuine
    Not much else to say

Cons

No training, no processes, no structure, no clear plan. Compensation does not account for the high cost of living in Northern California. Look elsewhere if you want to be happy.

Treat your employees like people, not just a resource.