Diamond Foods Reviews

Brian Driscoll

1. general labor

Current Employee - General Labor in Stockton, CA
    Current Employee - General Labor in Stockton, CA

I have been working at Diamond Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like it there people there we're helpful

Cons

I just don't like how the schedule work it was base on senority

Chaotic

I worked at Diamond Foods full-time

Pros

Some very smart, intelligent, genuine and hardworking people are employed there. They care about the job they are asked to do and stick it out.

Cons

Leadership has not figured out how to get "The company's legs" underneath them since they lost the Pringles deal 3 years ago. Constant turnover, Corp HQ has a revolving door, sales is stretched thinner than any organization I have ever seen. Marketing and innovation swings and misses, trial and burn. Need a handle on commodity pricing too, nuts are mis-priced.

Advice to Management

Slow down, trust your managers, listen and don't insulate yourselves with like minded people on a small leadership team that are intimidated and afraid to convey messaging from others.

Trust the average glassdoor reviews - subpar!

I have been working at Diamond Foods full-time

Pros

It's difficult to actually write something positive about the place. Free snacks and drinks! That's all.

Cons

Everything you can think of when it comes to toxic culture.

Advice to Management

There is a reason why you can't fill current requisites and why many people are leaving or have left recently. Money isn't the solution and why the average glass door is below three stars. Please revaluate respective leaders in sales, finance, operations, and marketing b/c why do you think people are unhappy and eventually leave. And 5am conference calls are delightful.

5. Good

Former Employee - Service Crew in Queensland, GA
    Former Employee - Service Crew in Queensland, GA

Pros

There services are great and some staff workers are really amazing. Heart-in-diamond

Cons

All i can say to this company all are Great!

Advice to Management

Keep thinking for positive

Supervisor

Former Employee - Supervisor in Stockton, CA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Stockton, CA

I worked at Diamond Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1.The pay was okay. 2.This job will make you tougher and will prepare you for your future. So it is a good training ground. if you do this job you can do anything else.

Cons

1. Supervisors get no training whatsoever. So be prepared to figure it all out on your own. 2. There is friction between the production workers and management and as a supervisor you will feel the heat from both sides. Supervisors sometimes feel alienated. 3. Work 6 days a week and 11 hours a day. No work-life balance. 4. Some of the people who work in QC are unfriendly and a bit rude, but you have to learn to get along with them since you have no choice. 5. Employees feel like numbers and are not intrinsically motivated to work here. 6. Be prepared to work swing shift or graveyard. 7. Employee safety is a big part of the work responsibility. You do not get much support from health and safety if there is an employee injury during the second and third shifts. Again be prepared to wear multiple hats and do everything yourself.

Advice to Management

Make life easier for your supervisors. 6 days a week and 11 hours a day was the norm in the 1970's. If you wish to hire fresh new talent and want them to work for you, then invest in their training and make sure they have a proper work-life balance. That will drastically cut down the employee turnover when it comes to supervisors. Cut down on the bureaucracy and make sure your supervisors are actually being heard.

7. Great people, long hours, young/new management

Current Employee - Supervisor in Stockton, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Stockton, CA

I have been working at Diamond Foods full-time

Pros

Good pay Great coworkers Great job coming right out of college

Cons

Young management with limited background ( not very diverse in experience as this was most of their first jobs)

Advice to Management

Hire diverse background at management level as they can bring new and bright ideas on ways to creat efficiency.

I think there is a reason former employees are trying to warn future employees from working here.

Pros

- The brands have a lot of potential! - The office location is great

Cons

- Lack of good leadership - No employee value - Very political work environment

Advice to Management

Consider valuing the employees that work there they are not just resources. There is a reason the employee turnover rate is this high and everybody good has left or trying to leave.

9. Best experience I've had to date

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Diamond Foods full-time

Pros

I realize it's all about who you work for, but I couldn't be happier with the team I work with. And the company has come out of hard times and is honestly trying to redirect its vision with heavy input from employees in developing the organizatinon's mission and values.

Cons

Breaking free from the past leadership style and the different cultures across locations can be challenging at times, but senior leadership is working hard to right the ship.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees and make them feel as if they have an opportunity to advance and have their ideas see action.

10. Lots of potential!

I have been working at Diamond Foods full-time

Pros

Company is changing, its re inventing itself and while painful, going in the right direction.

Cons

Some tenured employees still can't let go of the past. Some key roles need different leaders

Advice to Management

Be courageous, listen to people and make the right changes at top levels

Culture

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Diamond Foods full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Their current brands are great....but be advised none of them make money except for POP SECRET

Cons

with out a doubt one of the worst company cultures I have experienced. They will sell you on all the changes they have made but once you get in...be prepared for a whole different experience. IK was warned by current employee's not to work there for a multiple of reason, unfortunately I did not heed their advice. Skip this company and move on!!

Advice to Management

stop leading your team through a spreadsheet....Be passionate about each other. You will not will by managing your business through a system!!

RSS Feed </> Embed