Diamond Parking Reviews

Joel Diamond

1. Only Part-time Positions

Current Employee - Accountant Staff
    Current Employee - Accountant Staff

I have been working at Diamond Parking part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a great place to work for if you're leaning towards the Accounting field but it's also a great place to build experiences even if you are not leaning towards the Accounting field. Great & Friendly co-workers Flexible hours

Cons

Diamond Parking is actually a very Great company to work for BUT the only downside of it is that they only offer part time positions. So if you are looking for a Full-time position, this is not the place for you unless you only want to be working under 25 hours a week.

2. Terrible company

Former Employee - Diamond Route Attendant in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Diamond Route Attendant in Seattle, WA

I worked at Diamond Parking full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice middle managers, flexible schedule. Hopefully they have changed since I worked there in 2012.

Cons

Horrible upper management. No raises, ever. No benefits. If you are full time, you are let go after a year. I worked there part time for 2 years. For the first 6 months, I didn't have the keys to two of my lock boxes, and even after many attempts to get them, they were never provided. They gave everyone a list of lots to check, with names like A949. No mention about where the lot is, just go out and find it, "We think it might be on Pike St." I would get lost for hours, but nothing was ever said to me about lack of productivity. It seemed like management cared less than I did about how many lots I checked in a day. You drive around in your personal car and there is no reimbursement for mileage. The only people you come into contact with are angry because you just wrote them a ticket. Very lonely, boring job.

Advice to Management

Drive route with checker at least once so that they are not hopelessly lost.

3. Keeping it real

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Diamond Parking (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some very great people work for this company.

Cons

Very outdated systems in place as well as very outdated thinking from the decision makers.

Advice to Management

There is no advice, they would not listen anyway.

5. Parking Attendant

I worked at Diamond Parking part-time

Pros

Nice Managers, Pay better than minimum wage. Clear task

Cons

Customers are not always happy

Skip working here!

I worked at Diamond Parking

Pros

Non-managerial co-workers super nice. Good benefits.

Cons

Not respectful towards everyone-after a month, I only went there because it was a job and it paid the bills, not because I enjoyed being around the people I worked with. When they interview you, they give the impression that everything was happy and everyone was bestfriends. Also, REALLY high turn over rate. No room for growth.

Advice to Management

Please make sure that all managers go through customer service training (so they know how to treat other co-workers). Find out why so many people are so unhappy working at Diamond and are leaving the company on their own accord. Keep an open ear whenever people have new ideas.

Very poor upper management.

I have been working at Diamond Parking full-time

Pros

Hours team you create. Pay

Cons

Management style 80s private company. To many chiefs.

Advice to Management

Get rid of your upper management and let the people you hire do there jobs.

Area Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Diamond Parking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A decent paycheck while you are there.

Cons

Everything, The people you work with, the NO training, zero forward thinking management team. Back stabbers, love to talk about people behind their backs and thrive on negative situations and breeds negativity. Extreme foul mouths in the office setting no matter is you are with prospective employees or not. The list goes on. HORRIBLE and these people should be ashamed and shut down!

Advice to Management

GET A LIFE AND READ A LOT OF SELF HELP BOOKS!

Exercise in futility

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Diamond Parking full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, great boss. Everyone tried very hard to support an unworkable business model.

Cons

C level management is completely clueless on how to get the best work from employees. These think they can squeeze employees to make them get more work done with less hours and fewer resources. For example, they cut everyone in our office to part-time rather than have to provide sick and safe time under Seattle city ordinances, and so they would not have to provide health insurance to those employees.

Advice to Management

Wake up! You can't run and effective business when you are failing to meet your employees basic needs.

Welcome to 1984.

Former Employee - Operations Manager
    Former Employee - Operations Manager

I worked at Diamond Parking full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay appropriately for the position but the position is inappropriately managed for the business needs of 2015.

Cons

The company is full of old systems, old thinking, fear-based management style, suspicious of their employees, poor morale across entire company and an overall sense of confusion and dread. They love to say there is NO TRAINING. Who, in the year 2015, would take pride in such a stupid statement? The person I reported to was completely over her head in her position and had a terrible management and communication style. She was the most unprofessional manager I have ever worked for yet she is praised for her obnoxious style. Birds of a feather.... The company/family has made incredible profits over the past century on the backs of their employees without reinvesting in a contemporary business environment. The turnover is astronomical and they seem to revel in the idea that those that didn't stay on somehow aren't worthy. Newsflash---some people simply don't want to be a part of your ugly, unprofessional, antiquated, unprincipled environment. Sadly, like many businesses that have been monetarily validated over many years, they refuse to look at their own behavior, practices and reputation. Just because you continue to squeeze blood out of the unknowing, doesn't mean you should take pride in your practices. Beware and think carefully before entering into business with these people.

Advice to Management

Reread the above paragraph.

11. Great Experience

Current Employee - Parking Attendant in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Parking Attendant in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Diamond Parking

Pros

Pay was better than States Minimum wage Autonomy Breaks

Cons

No room for promotions or raises

Advice to Management

None

RSS Feed </> Embed