Diamond Parking

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Joel Diamond

A fun, professional place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEveryone helps everyone else out. A truly great group of people.

ConsNo Christmas party? If there was, I missed the invitation!

Advice to Senior ManagementThese are some of the very best people I have worked with. Keep up the good leadership!

very satisfactory and flexibility of it that i liked most

Parking Attendant (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

Prosit is most effective and responsible to work unsupervised so you can do the job right

ConsFirstly is without any benefits and when you deal with customer that you are about to wright a citation to them

Advice to Senior Managementbe friendly

The work is very easy but this is the ultimate dead end job.

Parking Attendaant (Current Employee) Long Beach, CA

ProsThis job is very easy. You either sit in a booth all day long and collect money or you walk around giving out parking tickets. I am a student and the job is very flexible with my schedule and I am often able to study for class when I work at the booth. The wage is also above minimum wage.

ConsThere is NO possibility for advancement. There are about 20 employees at our location. We are managed by two different bosses. One is the regional manager and the other is the manager for our location. Both of these managers were hired from the outside. Several of the employees have been working the same position for 10 years. There are never any promotions, or raises (unless it is an companywide raise to stay competitive). It's a super easy job but you will never get anywhere with it.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company needs to update it's collection machines. Customers often have to put money into these archaic boxes that are outdated.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Internally flawed organization

Data Processor (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsThere seemed to always be a sense of high employee moral within the organization. Some of the employees were family so that atmosphere was very dominant and apparent.

ConsThere always seemed to be this inherent glass ceiling within the organization and growth potential seemed limited at best. They didn't seem inclined to higher internally and there were a number of communication and service gaps that would haunt them in vital portions of the day.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to develop a more empowered employee base due to the limited capacity they you have at your disposal. It will save you from having to stretch your workload.

Overall, a good starting place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent pay, family like atmosphere, good location, decent benefits

ConsGrowth opportunities limited due to long term managment

Cashier

Cashier (Former Employee) Spokane, WA

ProsThey were flexible on my hours and it was easy work.

ConsSometimes customers would be very angry and I'd need to deal with that.

Overall a very easy job. Great introduction to customer service

Valet (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsDiamond parking is a great entry level job. It is especially satisfying if you like cars and working with people. Great college job.

ConsThere is not very much opportunity to move up in the company. You must have and maintain a relatively flawless driving record to be employed. Regular drug screening.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice if there was more interaction with the managers. More frequent employee evaluations would be great as well.

Diamond

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSimple easy work. The work that was required was not difficult nor, challenging. It was a decent summer job. I don't see how people live on that wage.

ConsNot enough hours, worked in some poor conditions, used your own vehicle. The lack of hours was horrible. Asked for more hours, was denied.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of hiring new staff to work this position, try to recruit current employers with extra hours. 20 hours a week is not enough.

Good for someone who likes to work alone and doesn't mind being outside

ProsLots and lots of breaks, high salary for very easy job, requires no previous experience

ConsWork alone, outside in the rain, wind, snow, etc. Very repetitive and no opportunity or advancement whatsoever.

Take nothing personally

ProsCompensation potential, opportunity to learn other jobs

ConsCommunication, unclear policies, poor leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementAdopt clear operational and performance policies

Worked for Diamond Parking? Contribute to the Community!