Diamond Parking

Add Photos

Joel Diamond

House of Cards

ProsAutonomy
    Nice fellow employees to work with

ConsUpper management sits in ivory tower unaware of reality in the field. Management by intimidation.
    Zero training.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out and look at your business. Especially look at managers in Eastside operations- they manipulate numbers to keep locations open to preserve bonuses. Regional Manager of area hides and never is around nor has a clue of what he is doing. Many locations are poorly run.

Internally flawed organization

Data Processor (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsThere seemed to always be a sense of high employee moral within the organization. Some of the employees were family so that atmosphere was very dominant and apparent.

ConsThere always seemed to be this inherent glass ceiling within the organization and growth potential seemed limited at best. They didn't seem inclined to higher internally and there were a number of communication and service gaps that would haunt them in vital portions of the day.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to develop a more empowered employee base due to the limited capacity they you have at your disposal. It will save you from having to stretch your workload.

No hours and you drive your own car and use your own gas.

Lot Attendant (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsThe job is not that difficult, Good group of fellow employees, you work alone without someone on your back....except for the GPS of course.

ConsYou drive your own car to the lots and you are not reimbursed for gas. Limited to work under 25hrs a week. They blame Obama Care for cutting employee hours and not providing benefits, which is total BS. The Employer mandate hasn't even gone into effect and they were providing benefits before. This is just an excuse and a perfect opportunity for a greedy company to rake in more dough for the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lie to your employees about why you cut their hours and benefits. There are companies that have way fewer employees than you and make a whole lot less than you but still provide options for their employees....btw I love Obama Care, it saved my life from a serious heart condition. Thank you Obama. ��

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall, a good starting place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDecent pay, family like atmosphere, good location, decent benefits

ConsGrowth opportunities limited due to long term managment

Lack of training. Diamond Parking is all about making the owner money, money, money.

City Manager (Former Employee)

ProsWork schedule was ok. Was able to work outside for part of each day. Also was able to work with people in a city environment.

ConsUnderpaid for the work required of you. You never know when the ax might be coming. No training at all. Poorly run company. I was the 4th person in my position in 5 years!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementGo public so you have to have some kind of HR rules

very satisfactory and flexibility of it that i liked most

Parking Attendant (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

Prosit is most effective and responsible to work unsupervised so you can do the job right

ConsFirstly is without any benefits and when you deal with customer that you are about to wright a citation to them

Advice to Senior Managementbe friendly

Cashier

Cashier (Former Employee) Spokane, WA

ProsThey were flexible on my hours and it was easy work.

ConsSometimes customers would be very angry and I'd need to deal with that.

Good for someone who likes to work alone and doesn't mind being outside

ProsLots and lots of breaks, high salary for very easy job, requires no previous experience

ConsWork alone, outside in the rain, wind, snow, etc. Very repetitive and no opportunity or advancement whatsoever.

Terrible Place to work

Prosthere is actually no good thing to say about this company

ConsThis company is all about downsides.... No job security at all and more importantly is that you work for bunch of stupid decision makers and stupid senior vice president in seattle

Oh Dear God! I Wish I Had Been Warned!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNothing regarding this company as an employer would encourage me to work for them again.

Cons* Inconsistent management
    * Archaic accounting system
    * High turnover
    * Constant threat of termination, even when in training
    * Lack of communication

Worked for Diamond Parking? Contribute to the Community!