Diamond Parking

www.diamondparking.com
Profile Unclaimed

The work is very easy but this is the ultimate dead end job.

Current Employee - Parking Attendaant in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Parking Attendaant in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Diamond Parking

Pros

This job is very easy. You either sit in a booth all day long and collect money or you walk around giving out parking tickets. I am a student and the job is very flexible with my schedule and I am often able to study for class when I work at the booth. The wage is also above minimum wage.

Cons

There is NO possibility for advancement. There are about 20 employees at our location. We are managed by two different bosses. One is the regional manager and the other is the manager for our location. Both of these managers were hired from the outside. Several of the employees have been working the same position for 10 years. There are never any promotions, or raises (unless it is an companywide raise to stay competitive). It's a super easy job but you will never get anywhere with it.

This company needs to update it's collection machines. Customers often have to put money into these archaic boxes that are outdated.

Overall a very easy job. Great introduction to customer service

Current Employee - Valet in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Valet in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Diamond Parking

Pros

Diamond parking is a great entry level job. It is especially satisfying if you like cars and working with people. Great college job.

Cons

There is not very much opportunity to move up in the company. You must have and maintain a relatively flawless driving record to be employed. Regular drug screening.

It would be nice if there was more interaction with the managers. More frequent employee evaluations would be great as well.

Say goodbye to your self respect.

Former Employee - Parking Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Parking Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Diamond Parking

Pros

At times you are giving opportunities beyond your scope of work, but don't think of asking for a raise. Once in a while you will get lunch.

Cons

They must have written Office Space after reviewing this company. From poor people management to ludicrous business decisions, this company has it all. Upper management would take your stapler if they thought it would make them a buck because you don't mean anything to them. There is zero morale in the company and count on your bonuses being reworked often, because they are never put in writing. There is a company "handbook" that outlines general things, like paid days off and uniform requirements, however there are no company procedures. It is all word of mouth, which means they hold all the cards and will terminate you when they deem convenient. I left months ago but I hear it has only gotten worse with the economic issues.

Watch Office Space and take notes. When you manage by fear they will do their jobs only well enough to not get fired. By the way, those are people working for you.

Good for someone who likes to work alone and doesn't mind being outside

I have been working at Diamond Parking

Pros

Lots and lots of breaks, high salary for very easy job, requires no previous experience

Cons

Work alone, outside in the rain, wind, snow, etc. Very repetitive and no opportunity or advancement whatsoever.

Terrible Place to work

I have been working at Diamond Parking

Pros

there is actually no good thing to say about this company

Cons

This company is all about downsides.... No job security at all and more importantly is that you work for bunch of stupid decision makers and stupid senior vice president in seattle

Oh Dear God! I Wish I Had Been Warned!

I worked at Diamond Parking full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nothing regarding this company as an employer would encourage me to work for them again.

Cons

* Inconsistent management
    * Archaic accounting system
    * High turnover
    * Constant threat of termination, even when in training
    * Lack of communication

A fun, professional place to work.

I worked at Diamond Parking

Pros

Everyone helps everyone else out. A truly great group of people.

Cons

No Christmas party? If there was, I missed the invitation!

These are some of the very best people I have worked with. Keep up the good leadership!

Great place to learn the parking industry, but it is like working for the queen of hearts

I worked at Diamond Parking

Pros

Never a dull moment for all levels of work. Most of the employees want people to be successful. Wide variety of work is available from POS to contract negotiations.

Cons

First mistake may be your last unless you can shift the blame to someone else. Protectionism is the name of the game if you want to stay. Predatory business in the guise of a service provider.

Diamond

I worked at Diamond Parking

Pros

Simple easy work. The work that was required was not difficult nor, challenging. It was a decent summer job. I don't see how people live on that wage.

Cons

Not enough hours, worked in some poor conditions, used your own vehicle. The lack of hours was horrible. Asked for more hours, was denied.

Instead of hiring new staff to work this position, try to recruit current employers with extra hours. 20 hours a week is not enough.

Take nothing personally

I have been working at Diamond Parking

Pros

Compensation potential, opportunity to learn other jobs

Cons

Communication, unclear policies, poor leadership

Adopt clear operational and performance policies