Diamond Resorts

Updated October 19, 2014
2.5

Diamond Resorts Chairman and CEO Stephen J. Cloobeck
Stephen J. Cloobeck

Pros
  • There are good benefits and if possible or available, being able to move around the company is very likely (in 3 reviews)

• The employee discounts given to employees and families at Diamond Resort locations (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • No real work/life balance - expect you to only care about the resort (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Chaotic Order with the heat of a kitchen and the chains of a desk all while working for a company that sells vacations.

Current Employee - Contracts Specialist
    Current Employee - Contracts Specialist

I have been working at Diamond Resorts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Employee Programs: fitness, health benefits, discounts on resorts
    The commitment of the Upper Upper Management/Owner to not only Customer Experience but employees as well.

Cons

It's sales - and I personally don't like sales.
    The company is still newish and needs to be a bit more thorough with their organization skills. While buying up other timeshare companies in a rapid growth, the process of homogenizing everyone has left holes in some places.
    Lower Management can at times be a little juvenile and make it uncomfortable to work there.
    You will have NO LIFE! None. For a company that sells vacations of a lifetime, you will never get to vacation during any time worthwhile to vacation - why? because that's when it's the busiest and you are needed the most. I actually am in the process of finding a new job because after six plus years I need to be able to speed even a weekend with my family!

Look a little less at the Sales side and the resort and fix the issues with the supporting staff (Contracts, IT, etc) because with weak supports, a great building can easily fall.

disappointing in the end

Current Employee - Sales Administrative
    Current Employee - Sales Administrative

I have been working at Diamond Resorts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

relaxed working environment even while you multi-task (which is what you have do in admin) and the 'family' you work so many hours with

Cons

my personal con is letting work become my life but I took pride in making everything seem smoothly run while I worked very hard in the background. after 6 years of being the only admin for the sales dept, I'm told my position has been eliminated...no notice, no concern. not that I didn't do a great job, just no longer needed

to the management above site level...consider the people who work great together and have a productive site before you come in with your cookie-cutter changes just to find out your changes don't work the same at every location. and maybe a little concern for the employees who have been loyal and hard working

Maintenance

Former Employee - Room Call Maintenance in Sedona, AZ
    Former Employee - Room Call Maintenance in Sedona, AZ

I worked at Diamond Resorts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The priviledge of meeting and working with other trade professionals who were generous to exchange some of the job related information and practices.

Cons

Being unappreciated. No pay raises. Management generous to apply pressure to maintain their rating status without
    passing on any recognition whatsoever.

Learn to adequately recognize your valuable employees and adjust your wages to be commensurate with reality.
    Offer training.

Learned a few skills in some areas, but the company and management are horrible.

Former Employee - Assistant Front Office Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Front Office Manager

I worked at Diamond Resorts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Can't really think of any good things about my time there other than I learned what not to do to the people I lead and manage.

Cons

- Old property. Horribly maintained in the past. Some slight paint upgrades. But really how much makeup can you slap on an old pig?
    - Resort management completely out of touch with reality. All they care about is being sneaky, gossipy, stabbing people in the back, and feeling superior.
    - Benefits are completely disgraceful - 1 week of vacation and 1 week of sick time for a whole year??
    - CEO talks a great game but is so full of himself he can't see how truly crappy many of his properties are
    - No real work/life balance - expect you to only care about the resort.
    - Sales team promises, lies, and probably cheats to get the sale then leaves resort staff to clean up the mess
    - Atrocious turnover, but understandable
    - Local HR unresponsive

Meaning of YES sounds great on paper. Get rid of the lying uncaring resort managers. Pay people better and provide better benefits. Your resort management shouldn't be sexist and rude, causing everyone to awkwardly laugh since no one will do anything about it.

Management is incompetent!

Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Diamond Resorts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay, but not for most employees. Some people are nice, but competition stifles honest dialogue.

Cons

I was recruited to train accounting staff in accounting and Excel, but was reprimanded 3 times for responding to staff questions. They are aware of their problems, but have no intention of fixing it.

Institute Change Management and ensure all managers are capable/willing to do it.

Disappointment in Management

Former Employee - Front Line Sales in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Front Line Sales in Orlando, FL

I worked at Diamond Resorts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great company with great benefits.

Cons

Out of 65 sales people on the Front Line Sales team, I was let go so that younger females could be brought on our team. Those females were let go, they are missing a top sales person for poor judgement.

Be loyal to the sales team that works hard to be loyal to you. Stop making poor management choices for looks and partys.

Resort and Corporate Management miss the basic formula for overall success!

I worked at Diamond Resorts

Pros

Benefits and those changed before I left!.

No Pros, more Cons: Employees in every Department were being squeezed to frustration by the "Positive Squad" while they promised change in the area of staffing. There were all of these audits taking place. Externally, Internally, and repeatedly until all levels were worn out. Scores are based upon some Corporate across the board sampling, when in fact many things should NOT apply. ALL were being scored based upon a fully functioning and fully Staffed Resort. Which has not ever been fully achieved. Property is getting old. Budgets do not allow for all things to be repaired YET the audits expect scores to remain strong. Many have moved on, and some have been let go for failing. The Pros is those willing to see this change...Newcomer's on the Job have no idea what the current staff has endured and they are basically insulting and patronizing,

Cons

Just about everything. Sales Staff who promise the Moon, then will not service their clients. Upper Resort Management, one in particular who all departments felt is a Dictator. There was some Patrol Unit , pointing out of the bad stuff when they knew there is not enough staff to cover.

None. I think all Employee's have tried to make them aware of the obstacles and frustrations. Diamond is all about BRANDING. WE are NOT Cattle. Remember, it is your reputation that walk's out the door when great worker's leave out of frustration! Remember, we talk and if we are unable to recommend working at Diamond Resorts, The Suites at Fall Creek in Branson, MO.

Very disappointed with the lack of care and training given to staff.

Former Employee - Club Inventory Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Club Inventory Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Diamond Resorts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The employee discounts given to employees and families at Diamond Resort locations.

Cons

Lack of proper training and HR not properly tracking reason why there is so much turnover.

Senior Management does not appear to care that employees are being mistreated within the organization.

So far, so good.

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Sedona, AZ
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Sedona, AZ

I have been working at Diamond Resorts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

DRI offers great benefits, and all of the employees are a big family. Our CEO cares about us too.

Cons

The pay could be better, and possibly a little more family friendly to the employees.

Listen more to the suggestions the employees have.

Takes advantage of Contractors

I worked at Diamond Resorts as a contractor

Pros

Seems like a decent place if you get a real position, but in my experience they tend to just hire temp contractors then let them go with little warning.

Cons

Contractors are taken advantage of, project management is handled very poorly.