Diamond Resorts

Updated December 2, 2014
2.3

Diamond Resorts Chairman and CEO Stephen J. Cloobeck
Stephen J. Cloobeck

Pros
  • they have good benefits and room to grow (in 4 reviews)

• The employee discounts given to employees and families at Diamond Resort locations (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Resort management completely out of touch with reality (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Marketing Dispatcher

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Diamond Resorts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None to list here at this time.

Cons

Its like high school with the type of management they have. Management starts gossip with one person and it spreads like fire causing conflict. Bad atmosphere and very shady people. Poor training and too much work for the pay. No support from Management, they only hand you their work to do. Managers hang out with other non-management employees within the department causing favoritism. Turn over rate is very high. A very unprofessional environment.

Bring in a stronger management team that knows how to not be friends with other employees and do their job.

Lots of jelous employees

Former Employee - Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Diamond Resorts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay, benefits (which I wasn't there long enough to get)

Cons

Rude and mean coworkers/employees, more concern about eating than working, poor training skills

When someone is hired as a supervisor from outside of the company, then the manager of that department should train them, not the subordinate who is currently doing my job. I was never trained in my actual position, even after a full month. This caused all the employees in that department to have no respect for me as their boss and the girl who was set to train me to halfway it because she was pissed off that she was doing my job but didn't have the title or the pay.

Diamond Resorts is a scam

I worked at Diamond Resorts

Pros

The benefits are ok and the people who work onsite

Cons

Diamond resorts is a scam selling people a dream but then they can't even get a room. The resort over sells like a hotel, so even if you are an owner there is a chance you might not get a room when you get there. No support at the corporate level, the training is mediocre at best. What they call training is a joke, a bunch of peoe sitting in a room listening to someone via conference call who barley knows themselves. No support from HR, they tend to give you an email to send your query to don't let it be a weekend because if you are lucky you will get a response by Tuesday inost cases you have had to figure out on your own. Recently contracted out activities department who actually doing a great job now through another company, and it's recently contracted out food and beverage operations, let's just say everyone has lost there benefits since they have contracted these departments out. Diamond Reaorts International could be a good company but they don't care about there team members like they say they do, it is all BS. Take my advice you are better off looking somewhere else.

Well seeing how there is really no management currently onsite because they have either quit or got fired for whatever reason, give the property some help. Don't just throw people in and don't train them.

I worked in Front Line sales. The problem was that we had no manager for about two months.

Former Employee - Vacation Counsler in Palm Springs, CA
    Former Employee - Vacation Counsler in Palm Springs, CA

I worked at Diamond Resorts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The benefits were good. Hours easy and the people I worked with were nice.

Cons

The rooms at the resort were a mess and the resort at the Marquee was worse. The pool was nice but when you do a tour you show the room off. There was no room to show. Old dated Monarch properties with mold and bugs. The complaints from the people staying were a constant. It made pitching what a great resort the Diamond resorts are. We would say well this isn't Diamonized. Also very expensive. The clients they send you are poor as dirt and are there only for a free 100 dollar Visa so they can bass up their car. Some had no job or Id. They were supposed to be NQ'ed but they came in anyway. They counted them against us. Very hard to sell. Even the veterans of time share were saying this is the worst place they had seen as far as what we had to sell. No Glen Gary Glen Ross leads here.

Fix the resort. Even Steven Clobeck hated the rooms at the Palm Canyon Resort as seen in Undercover boss. What is taking so long? It is hard to sell a resort that is a mess. OK if it was 1500 dollars that would be one thing but the lowest package is about 12000.00 dollars and most are about 38,000.00 dollars or double. With a very high interest rate 12-17% over 10 years and a Maintenance fee no lower than 746.00 and usually about 2500 a year you should expect a whole lot more. At first it was the rooms and then the service went downhill.

Resort Management takes advantage

I worked at Diamond Resorts

Pros

nothing really to report here .....

Cons

Resort Management would take off during the day and not return. Would expect desk agents to work fully flexible shifts while they wer eout getting their nails and hair done. They also never charged sick time when they were out sick.

Work like everyone else .....

Starting to grow

Current Employee - Reservationist in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Reservationist in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Diamond Resorts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

they have good benefits and room to grow

Cons

the management is too concerned with little things that do not pertain to the job at hand

happy employees, happy guests.

Don't waste your time

Former Employee - Dispatch in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Dispatch in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Diamond Resorts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's a job and income

Cons

I should have known better after the manager interviewed me like we were girlfriends at a bar. Very high turnover rate (6 people quit in 3months) There was a clique atmosphere in my department. Anyone in the clique can break the rules but if you are new you better not have an opinion or you will get written up. They are more concerned about lunch and brown nosing, than working. I worked there 3 months and had 4 different shift changes. If you stand up for yourself and go against the clique they will try purposely to annoy the hell out of you to fire you or make you quit. Lots of talking behind the back and managers encourage this. They train you improperly and get upset when you use the "skills" you have learned. HR was a joke. Very bitter and phony bunch of people who love to talk about how drunk and trashy they are openly in the office.

Keep this job and your "friends" because you could never manage or have friends anywhere else.

Maintenance

Former Employee - Room Call Maintenance in Sedona, AZ
    Former Employee - Room Call Maintenance in Sedona, AZ

I worked at Diamond Resorts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The priviledge of meeting and working with other trade professionals who were generous to exchange some of the job related information and practices.

Cons

Being unappreciated. No pay raises. Management generous to apply pressure to maintain their rating status without
    passing on any recognition whatsoever.

Learn to adequately recognize your valuable employees and adjust your wages to be commensurate with reality.
    Offer training.

Learned a few skills in some areas, but the company and management are horrible.

Former Employee - Assistant Front Office Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Front Office Manager

I worked at Diamond Resorts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Can't really think of any good things about my time there other than I learned what not to do to the people I lead and manage.

Cons

- Old property. Horribly maintained in the past. Some slight paint upgrades. But really how much makeup can you slap on an old pig?
    - Resort management completely out of touch with reality. All they care about is being sneaky, gossipy, stabbing people in the back, and feeling superior.
    - Benefits are completely disgraceful - 1 week of vacation and 1 week of sick time for a whole year??
    - CEO talks a great game but is so full of himself he can't see how truly crappy many of his properties are
    - No real work/life balance - expect you to only care about the resort.
    - Sales team promises, lies, and probably cheats to get the sale then leaves resort staff to clean up the mess
    - Atrocious turnover, but understandable
    - Local HR unresponsive

Meaning of YES sounds great on paper. Get rid of the lying uncaring resort managers. Pay people better and provide better benefits. Your resort management shouldn't be sexist and rude, causing everyone to awkwardly laugh since no one will do anything about it.

disappointing in the end

Current Employee - Sales Administrative
    Current Employee - Sales Administrative

I have been working at Diamond Resorts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

relaxed working environment even while you multi-task (which is what you have do in admin) and the 'family' you work so many hours with

Cons

my personal con is letting work become my life but I took pride in making everything seem smoothly run while I worked very hard in the background. after 6 years of being the only admin for the sales dept, I'm told my position has been eliminated...no notice, no concern. not that I didn't do a great job, just no longer needed

to the management above site level...consider the people who work great together and have a productive site before you come in with your cookie-cutter changes just to find out your changes don't work the same at every location. and maybe a little concern for the employees who have been loyal and hard working