Diamond Wireless Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
Troy Crosland

Pros
  • I love the laid back work environment (in 4 reviews)

• Meet great people and great training if you focus and put your mind to it (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • There is NO such thing as a work life balance with this company (in 4 reviews)

• and even if you give your everything it is not recognized by a lot of people in upper management (in 6 reviews)

1. Indifferent

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Diamond Wireless full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ability to make your own paycheck since most of what u make is commission based.

Cons

Unstabel payrate, extensive work hours, training program not the best for someone first getting into cell phone sales.

Advice to Management

Have proper training for you employees itlll help them in the long run.

2. My experience working with diamond wireless

I have been working at Diamond Wireless part-time

Pros

Nice management and I got a lot of cellular experience

Cons

Very low hourly rate and a commision scale thats fairly difficult to make money with

3. Great company for motivated individuals

Current Employee - District Manager in Riverdale, NJ
    Current Employee - District Manager in Riverdale, NJ

I have been working at Diamond Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great company with very aggressive compensation.
    make what you are worth
    great leadership dedicated to make you successful

Cons

not for every one. if you are looking for a 9-5 or something just to do this company is not for you.

5. Great company

Current Employee - Store Manager in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Diamond Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can make an unlimited amount of money with the right drive & aggressive behaviors. If you are someone who is scared to talk to people you will not thrive here.
    So many contests!!! Gave away a car, cruises, currently a contest to win $10,000. All just for doing your job.

Cons

You can definitely get obsessed with being #1 and the earning potential so you would put in a lot oh hours and not see your friends for some time.

Advice to Management

none

Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Diamond Wireless

Pros

Hard work no question about it, but you are paid for it. no ceiling to the commission structure allows for HUGE checks! If you want a company to grow with this is it, over 350 locations across the country.

Cons

like any commission job ups and downs in pay. Can get wrapped up in chasing the money and work a lot of extra hours

Thank you Diamond Wireless!

Current Employee - District Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - District Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Diamond Wireless

Pros

I have been with Diamond Wireless for coming up on 7 years. I have never worked for a company quite like Diamond. Although Diamond is a very large company, it has a family feel. It is very challenging, but very fulfilling work. I have grown a lot due to the changes of the industry and working with great people. I love the fact that Diamond is always looking to give more to the employee through offering better benefits, better products to offer customers which in turn gives us all the opportunity to make more money. The opportunity for growth within Diamond is endless. I started out as a Sales Consultant and now I am a District Manager! You don't see that same opportunity in every company. I love this company!

Cons

Sometimes due to the changes in the industry you have to be able to adapt quickly. This can be a challenge, but at the same time it makes the job more interesting.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I love the direction that Diamond Wireless is going, and look forward to seeing the trajectory keep on the same pace!

8. Amazing Company

Current Employee - Store Manager in Rotterdam, NY
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Rotterdam, NY

I have been working at Diamond Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

AMAZING Company to work for, EXTREMELY rewarding to those with drive and the motivation to work. Near unheard of commission payouts, and countless prizes and contest from trips, to phones, to cars, to cash etc.

Cons

Need to be self motivated and driven, if you're the type to needs to be accountable for all actions at all times or reasons or reminders of what to do and why, this is not for you.

Advice to Management

Support system could improve, other than that, GREAT company with BETTER recognition to what really matters, HARD WORK over tenure.

9. Feedback

I have been working at Diamond Wireless

Pros

The pros are being able to work in the mall and take great trips the job never gets boring!

Cons

All commission reps its causes high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

We should maybe pay our reps hourly.

Low paying, overwhelmed company, with little to no actual leadership.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Diamond Wireless full-time

Pros

The teams that I know of really get along and are friends. Sales contest rewards such as cruises, phones, rafting trips. Great place to start in the cellular Industry. Opportunity for advancement in Southeast.

Cons

Pay is terrible! I am the highest selling Rep at my store by a fair amount and rarely see 1000 per check. There is only so much interested traffic at a BJs location. 98 percent of people don't have any desire to speak with you. 90% of your day is Customer service to older people for which you receive ZERO PAY! Other retailers make much more. 100% commission or minimum wage whichever is higher. Don't expect a comfortable living.

Advice to Management

Fix your pay structure, I have had other retailers trying to recruit me, if you don't get it fixed soon I will be heading to your competition down the street for the exact same job with triple the pay! Hire more professional management. Realize that the best part of your company is the customer facing employee. Once you realize that without us you are nothing.

All depends on the store you get hired

Current Employee - Store Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Diamond Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people with great training often times the customers are super nice. Contests are intresting if you win.

Cons

Extremely underpaid management is constantly bashing employees if sales are down they expect to much for the little they pay.

Advice to Management

Address the real issue witch is the lousy pay structure.

RSS Feed </> Embed