Diamond Wireless

stay away

Former Employee - Wireless Consultant in Kirkwood Voorhees, NJ
    Former Employee - Wireless Consultant in Kirkwood Voorhees, NJ

I worked at Diamond Wireless full-time (less than an year)

Pros

you will have no work life balance since there is no hourly rate you will be forced to work everyday.

Cons

this is commission based job so you start to compete for sales. You have to attend weekly meetings on Fridays morning and also a monthly sales call if you do not make your quotas for the month.

help your employees succeed with better training.

Good experience, but only temporary.

I worked at Diamond Wireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great employees, opportunity for advancement

Cons

bad pay, need more advertisement and marketing.

change payment opportunities

Humans need not apply

Former Employee - Low Level Corporate Employee in Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - Low Level Corporate Employee in Sandy, UT

I worked at Diamond Wireless full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere. You see the CEO in the corporate office. Flexible hours in corporate/previous department. If you fit in, you have "friends"

Cons

I was expected to work 24/7, Be on call 24/7. Do the work of a whole department, while putting up with "the good ol boys" mentality when it comes to those that sit at their desk and do nothing but browse classified or play in the game room all day. Pay Is horrific for some of the employees who are always on call, while others have it made depending on where you are in the corporate office.

I have a very young family. When the youngest child looks at you and says "please stop working and play with me" you know it's time to find a different job. I did.

Don't work us to our breaking points, find the money to correctly fill your departments in corporate, and take a look at the amount of people slacking off in Corp AND dwp.

Thinking of working here? Run, Forest, run!

Former Employee - Store Supervisor
    Former Employee - Store Supervisor

I worked at Diamond Wireless full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Company was handed 100's of locations from Verizon Wireless (VZW had been operating these kiosks themselves previously) and has a huge opportunity in front of them. Very little direct supervision.

Cons

...Remember that huge opportunity? They are blowing it! Very little planning was completed, and worse, very little reaction from upper management once they understood what they had gotten into. Although in fairness, it is very likely that upper management still has no idea about what they got into, since they seldom travel outside of Utah, where the company is based, I certainly saw no one in the time I worked there. Additionally, local management (Regional Managers and District Managers) are grossly un-prepared for the position they now hold--they were store managers before being promoted. Some may learn the job, but I suspect most will fail miserably. General culture is all about appearance, without substance. Lots of questionable deals being made, and even encouraged by management. But, hey, no chargeback policy either. Very metric driven, but local and upper management have no idea how to accurately set financial goals, nor how to modify behaviors and processes to improve results. Best part of this job is working directly with Verizon Wireless customers, and if you have ever sold Verizon Wireless, you know many of these customers are already tainted.. Bottom line, as a salesperson with Diamond Wireless, you are on your own.

Communication, and accountability, is a two-way street...don't fear upward communication (those who actually care about improving processes are being ignored), and do what you say you are going to do! Train your mid-level leaders if you are going to stick to the "only promote from within" policy. It is probably too late to infuse integrity with your current Regional and District leaders.

Good Place to Work

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Diamond Wireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great training. You get to sell great products and there are always opportunities for advancement. There company gives great rewards for top salespeople.

Cons

Frequent policy changes and confusion is normal. Just when you get comfortable in the company they change something. My pay dropped three times because of policy changes.

Get on one accord and focus more on your employees.

If you like doing a lot without getting paid, this one's for you

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Diamond Wireless full-time

Pros

Fun work environment
    Ability to make a decent paycheck (when it's busy season-- when it's slow, good luck)
    District managers/managers are cool
    Room for advancement
    No shortage of hours

Cons

They want you to work A LOT, sometimes every day of the week
    They want to have 2-4 employees working at a time, which causes fights over sales and is just unnecessary
    Get scolded for asking for time off
    WEEKLY meetings every Friday at 8am and quarterly meetings at 9PM ON SUNDAYS along with required trainings, NONE of which we are compensated for (which I believe is illegal)
    Usually takes a long time to get anything done (i.e. getting business cards and supplies ordered) need to keep on upper management for that
    Commission gets messed up regularly, so it is imperative that you keep a close eye on your commission as it is shown in the system
    Paychecks are messed up a lot of the time too if you have benefits

Pay your employees for training, and compensate them for gas/mileage like every other company does!!! Weekly meetings are overkill, make them monthly, at max. Also meetings that START at 9pm on Sundays are ridiculous, especially for employees who are in school.

lots of opportunities with company

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Diamond Wireless full-time

Pros

Easy to move up the corporate ladder, not based on seniority. Company more than glad to help advance you if they see your willingness to do so. Energetic and youthful culture as a whole where they really do care for their employees. Easy to get along with 99% of staff on any level. Pay can be great with the right associate. Lots of fun contests and prizes for sales.

Cons

Terrible mgmt. and upper mgmt planning and organizational skills. Everything feels last minute and scattered. Unpaid meetings and trainings. Commission-only for the most part which can be good or bad depending on location and reps motivation. This is not a passive-wait-for-sales to happen place. All on you to make it happen. Go elsewhere if that's what you want.

Diamond Wireless Response

Aug 4, 2014Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your honest feedback! We want you to know that we value your opinions and will take what you've said, both positive and negative, into account when moving forward as a company.

Sweatshop shark tank

Former Employee - Management in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Management in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Diamond Wireless full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

To an extent, getting to do what I wanted at work, since it's 100% commission and if no customers were in the store I could care less what else went on. (If you don't get paid for it, who cares)
    And the occasional sales contest where you win prizes that were mediocre compared to the work you put in.

Cons

Nearly everything. 100% commission. Diamond, what do you think we are? We're employees who work in malls and kiosks. Not used car salesman. Stop trying to make us take advantage of everyday people. All I could think whilst working there was how worried I'd be if my own mother walked in to ANY of these stores and the fears of just having her verizon account pulled up, based on the things I've seen.

At one point, it wasn't terrible, some phones compensated fairly I guess, but for the past year or so all device commissions took a drastic drop, to the point where if you sell someone a good phone, you'll make hardly anything for it and if you sold someone the oldest, used, restock, demo, TERRIBLE phone that was a waste of a 2 year contract, you'd make, say, 40-50 bucks and a guilty conscious. Woo-hoo.

Oh, and accessories... You're encouraged to sell them for more than MSRP. By all levels of mgmt. Rings out at 14.99? Sticker it for 29.99 and let's see who bites. And corporate keeps half of that mark up, so they're loving it too. I'll never allow any of my family or friends to purchase from a physical retail location again.

Geez and let's not forget Vivint. Don't ever get talked into that overpriced crap by a retail store. Did you know that to talk to customers and sell home security systems, those employee requires a license to do so? Not just anyone is permitted, by law, to do so. But there's a sketchy loophole that allows them to call in and technically have it set up under the call center rep's name or yada yada yada.

And it doesn't stop there, but you get the picture. And like everyone else said, unpaid meetings. 100% commission... And mandatory meetings that you're technically not paid a dime for. Stupid.

Hahahahahaha. Egos this big disregard any advice. Look at your absurd turnover rate... You can't hold steady managers or employees unless they're too dumb to consider moving on from this crime circle. Sick of absurd numbers of people quitting? Flip your company upside down and fix it.

PHA!

I worked at Diamond Wireless

Pros

There are no pros to this whack establishment. At all.

Cons

There are so many, where do I begin;
    First, the store managers and district managers are idiots. They want you to "sell and maximize" everything to customers, that gets annoying afterwhile.
    Second, the employees that work there are L7s. A bunch of squares, geeks, and losers who are hard to get along with.
    Third, The customers that come back and forth to the store only deal with certain employees so it makes it every hard to get sales.
    Fourth, the workers are shady and female dogs, most of the people that work there are men (yuck)
    Fifth, youre in the BJS trying to pull in customers who dont want to even buy cell phones. The customers are extremely rude and prejudice.
    Sixth, Did I mention management is retarded? especially in the Waldorf, MD location.

in conclusion this company is terrible. The amount of stress they put on their employess is unacceptable. Then on top of that you dont get compensated for all the work you do. its terrible. You literally work for free.

Stop lying to people during the training by telling them they could make (X) amount of money every 2 weeks.
    Get better store managers and district managers, and stop being shady and selling people stuff they dont need. I hope this compnay falls flat on their faces. SOB

Great Company to get started in wireless

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Diamond Wireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They will hire anyone and have awesome monthly contest prizes. Uncapped commission. Flexible scheduling, laidback environment during slow times.

Cons

Unpaid meetings, low pay, kinda shady. Teach you to max sell or overcharge people.

Pay for sales meetings! Integrity is everything! Stop hiring shady reps. Need to have more structure when planning meetings

Diamond Wireless Response

Aug 4, 2014Corporate Recruiter

Thanks so much for your feedback, we truly value you have said. When you have a moment, should you feel so inclined, we would appreciate an email or phone call to explain what you mean by "...kinday ... More

Diamond Wireless Photos