Diamond Wireless

Updated December 16, 2014
Updated December 16, 2014
2.6

Troy Crosland

Pros
  • Great Contest's, Work environment for most part is good (in 4 reviews)

• Flexible scheduling, laidback environment during slow times (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There is NO such thing as a work life balance with this company (in 4 reviews)

• and even if you give your everything it is not recognized by a lot of people in upper management (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great career opportunities with Diamond

Current Employee - Manager In Training in Kent, WA
    Current Employee - Manager In Training in Kent, WA

I have been working at Diamond Wireless full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Uncapped commission, there is the potential to bring home 2-3k every 2 weeks, if you are dedicated and motivated. And that's as a sales rep. Flexible scheduling, strong assistance from corporate Verizon and corporate diamond.

Cons

You must be a self starter. If you are easily disappointed, or make excuses instead of fixing the problem, then this job isn't for you... Also diamond is notorious for taking their time on anything and everything. So expect to hurry up and wait.

Stop giving people the benefit of the doubt. if there is a weak link, or if someone just doesn't work with the position they are in, then get them out. Stop dragging your feet.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Manager In Training in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Manager In Training in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Diamond Wireless full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is a lot of freedom in the company. They care about their employees having a life outside of work and encourage it. I am a full time employee and a full time student and Diamond has always been accommodating and encouraged me to succeed at both.

Cons

A little too lenient to get rid of weak links

Diamond Wireless Response

Aug 4, 2014Corporate Recruiter

Thank you so much for your feedback! As you know, we truly believe in our people and appreciate you taking the time to say as much! Our people are the strongest asset we have!

Great team and work atmosphere

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Diamond Wireless full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great competition, incentives, and team involvment. They often work with you and your schedules and prior commitments. There are often travel oppertunities, but you get out what you put into it.

Cons

Often over or under scheduling of workers. They need to train more employees prior to transfering current workers.

Extremely Rewarding If you put in the effort

Former Employee - Sales Associate Metric Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate Metric Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Diamond Wireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company has an awesome culture as long as you buy in to them. This can be one the most rewarding jobs, but not without a strong commitment. they offer crazy incentives to simply do your job, commission is awesome if you take sales seriously and don't wait around for people to walk up asking to buy something, they only promote from within, and it's a place where you can talk to your managers whenever you want. I've never had a job with so much opportunity to grow and handed over big prizes and trips. Like many people, I left for a "better opportunity" that tuned out to be a waste of time. If i had stuck around i'd probably be managing by now

Cons

If you don't apply yourself, you won't like it. Those that don't show interest in the company don't ever stick around and causes fluctuations in staffing. They don't really care for people that don't care for the company. Your effort is truly highlighted, can be really rewarding, or not so much depending on what you bring.

find ways to offer different incentive to people who are average.

Really good. Educational

Former Employee - Store Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Diamond Wireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Learned a lot about sales. There I learned how to lead and train. I learned more at Diamond then any other job I ever had. Promoting comes from within and a great company to grow with.

Cons

Long Long hours. Pay needs to be better for store managers, at least in the Las Vegas market

Keep up the great work. I will take everything I have learned there and apply it to the rest of my life!

Very rewarding, I have learned a lot

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Diamond Wireless

Pros

The training and experience gained can be used for future employment. Not a stressful job, and you get to interact with a lot of people

Cons

Some of the customers can be extremely rude and beligerant. Some customers focus their anger and frustration towards you for no reason

I have no advise, or should not be one to advise, since I am part of management. Very nice place to work

Unlimited Upside

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Diamond Wireless

Pros

Product sells itself as long as you let it and there seems to be a pretty accessible ladder to climb in terms of upward mobility

Cons

Commission only so its not for those that are hesitant to sell; standing on your feet all day is also pretty difficult

None to speak of at the moment; seems like the rapid expansion of the company speaks for itself in terms of management's vision; does seem as though there may be some functions that could be handled a little differently, but those could just be growing pains and possibly immaterial to begin with.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hilo, HI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Hilo, HI

I have been working at Diamond Wireless

Pros

A great company overall. Good opportunity for advancement and there is no ceiling on what you can make as a sales associate. You make what you earn.

Cons

The main downside i can think of is working in a mall kiosk. If your ok with that. Then there is nothing else to worry about.

Management overall does a great job. Communication is good and no one takes things to seriously, only when needed. My only advice would be to possibly offer a salary in addition to the commission.

Market Manager

Current Employee - Diamond Wireless Area Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Diamond Wireless Area Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Diamond Wireless full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Growing company, great company values and culture!

Cons

Retail hours and can be stressful dealing with monthly goals!

Keep it going!

Good place to start out

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Diamond Wireless full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Its easy to get a job. You wont need experience. If you want to sell you can make some money. Some stores have a fun culture.

Cons

Not very organized. Communication is not their strong point. Training is not good. Management can be frustrating.

Diamond Wireless Photos