Diamond Wireless

Updated November 22, 2014
Updated November 22, 2014
2.6

Troy Crosland

Pros
  • Great Contest's, Work environment for most part is good (in 4 reviews)

• Flexible scheduling, laidback environment during slow times (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There is NO such thing as a work life balance with this company (in 4 reviews)

• and even if you give your everything it is not recognized by a lot of people in upper management (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Suicide would be better.

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Diamond Wireless full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Low pay. Depressing atmosphere. Managers are on drugs. Demeaning managers.

Cons

Shady managers and colleagues.
    Meetings up the yang.
    Bad pay.

They know that they take advantage of employees.

A Nightmare!!! Please STAY AWAY!!!

Former Employee - Former Store Manager in Southfield At Whitemarsh, MD
    Former Employee - Former Store Manager in Southfield At Whitemarsh, MD

I worked at Diamond Wireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay is okay I guess......... Can't really say there are any.

Cons

Where do I start..... The District & Regional Manager's are rude, arrogant, and have little to no knowledge of what is really going on at each store. Their never ever available to help. Unachievable quotas for some locations. They want store manager's to take employees sales. I worked 82 hrs a week for an entire month because of a pay decrease for reps they all quit. Family and time off are deterrents. If you are alive and breathing then you're working no exceptions.

Treat you employees with a little respect or your going to have a long list of problems in the future. I know the money is growing fast but what happens when the well runs dry?...........

Inconsistencies Abound

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Diamond Wireless full-time

Pros

I really can't think of one. The people I worked with were great.

Cons

They force you to work 6 days a week as a manager. They make you feel if you aren't working 60 hours than you aren't doing your job. The turnover in Connecticut is horrendous. Reps quit or are fired within the first month or two. Their expectations are ridiculous, and there is a reason why they will never be as good as a corporate Verizon store. They have meetings on Sunday nights that can go well past 10pm then expect you to be at the store Monday morning at 6am to do inventory. Inventory is done weekly and takes several hours, even though it doesn't vary much week to week. There is no accountability system for upper management, everything is the store managers fault. It's just a really poor managed company and doesn't belong in the north east. They also changed managers pay structures 4 times in the year I was there. My paycheck was wrong 11 or 12 times in that year, always short.

bail from the north east. People here expect a work life balance that is 50/50. You people expect 80/20 if not higher. You are so far down from where Verizon was you must be hemorrhaging money, time to hang it up.

Ok at first. Then you learn the truth.

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Diamond Wireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The first 6 months they had a ton of contests and incentives for top sales people. When the store is fully staffed they were able to be flexible with the schedule.

Cons

Takes 6 months to 1 year to get benefits and insurance.

They have an EXTREMELY high turnover rate.

Some management is a complete joke. My first market manager was So tough and hard on employees that most quit. She eventually was fired because of it. When she was fired and after some managers moved down south, they put random people in management. The manager that was moved to my store was young and immature. He often times changed our schedule at the very last minute without telling us. I was already working 6 days a week because we were short staffed. Then to have my 1 day off be switched around...made it so I had no life outside of Diamond. Then he hired a friend who he told they could do their homework while on the clock. He didn't train her or any new people so it took forever for me to get another day off. I was burnt. Then, he stared partying all the time and in a 2 week period he called out of work 6 times. I had to cover him all those times. He even left the new person by himself who didn't even have passwords to get into the systems. So he couldn't do anything. However, the one or two times I was sick, or my daughter was sick, he HAD to have proof. But he did what he wanted when he wanted. He left me by myself many of the busiest days only to pressure me by saying that if I didn't hit our goal I wouldn't be promoted. He even made me believe i was promoted just to get me to sell even more.

There is no oversight so managers can leave early, not show up and do whatever they want but if you complain about it then you look bad instead of the manager.

Lots of lies too. They hold promotions over your head but only to keep you motivated. The 1st two promotions won't pay you anymore either.

They pay structure was changed 3 times in one year. Only to cut your pay each time

Train your managers better as some of them are new to management. Keep an eye on them because some of them are taking advantage of food hard working employees. Focus on making employees happy. The better your employees feel about the company, the better they will do. Listen to the sales people. They offer good insight and ideas. Don't treat them like crap for bringing problems out into the open.

Don't Bother

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Diamond Wireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Uncapped commission, decent contests geared toward young alcoholics.

Cons

They treat you like a slave, constantly change policies and are extremely unorganized.

Treat your people like they are valuable. Happy staff means more sales.

Great experience, no compensation unless you want to be a workaholic

Current Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Diamond Wireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The sales and leadership training you will learn at Diamond Wireless at a management level position is priceless.

Cons

No personal life, there is no such thing as a work/life balance if you want to make a decent paycheck, horrible pay and compensation that are never consistent. Pay is always changing.

Worst Company to work for

I worked at Diamond Wireless full-time

Pros

Great if you are just starting out and need to get sales experience under your belt.

Cons

Long hours and you will never get paid for over time. This company provides no training and they pay you very little. Most of the people there will steal your sales, rip customers off, and they are ruthless. This company will run you dry...they don't care about your success and don't value you as an employee. Most of the District Managers are druggies or slave drivers. The way the honor of the company acts says it all. He flaunts his money, drinks a lot, and loves the ladies. He has no compassion toward his staff and is so clearly detached to what is really going on in his company.

Great place to create a quick career

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Diamond Wireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you work hard you can move up pretty quickly. You can have a lot of fun with the right team.

Cons

Too many tedious tasks that are not productive. Smaller company that has small budgets. Office politics could get in the way.

Would like to see you in the field more, and have us do less busy work. Your work tools are roughly scattered and it would be nice to have a centralized web page per district.

Good place to start out

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Diamond Wireless full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Its easy to get a job. You wont need experience. If you want to sell you can make some money. Some stores have a fun culture.

Cons

Not very organized. Communication is not their strong point. Training is not good. Management can be frustrating.

Can move up quick, very competitive enviorment, strictly commission

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Albany, NY

I have been working at Diamond Wireless full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Really laid back, lots of contests to win

Cons

Not a lot of training, not a big work/life balance

Needs to train employees better & understand the promotions

Diamond Wireless Photos