Dick's Sporting Goods Reviews

4.0
Dick's Sporting Goods Chairman and CEO Edward W. Stack
Edward W. Stack
1 Rating

Pros
  • The employee discount was decent (in 53 reviews)

• I had flexible hours that allowed me to look after my son (in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • Extremely difficult to maintain any type of work/life balance (in 20 reviews)

• Management is constantly pushing metrics over walkie that should be used for customer service (in 36 reviews)

1. Fun Place To Work

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in West Nyack, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in West Nyack, NY

I worked at Dick's Sporting Goods part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-easy job, fun people to work with although the staff was dominated by males -pays more than some other non-commission based retail jobs -always give you a break on shift even if its only for 15 minutes -easy to move from cashier to another part of the store or move up in leading/management

Cons

-long shifts for part time employees (9 hours usually), expect you to work at least 3-4 days a week -extremely into being the best store in the company (hard on workers to maximize customer service)

2. Great Work Environment, Very High Expectations

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Nyack, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Nyack, NY

I have been working at Dick's Sporting Goods part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Opportunities for growth and internal promotions. - Excellent training programs. - Easy-access HR resources. - Fast-paced, clean, high-end retail environment provides for a stimulating work day.

Cons

- It's hard work! Selling customers on credit cards, adding warranties and protection plans, upselling products and adding transaction items are a minimum expectation. - Long hours as a result of stringent labor limits put on scheduling manager. - NO MORE PART TIME BENEFITS AS A RESULT OF THE ACA.

Advice to Management

You're doing an awesome job and I really appreciate all the training you've provided me so that I'm confident in doing my job. Thank you for making Dick's a fun and supportive place to work at. I enjoy coming in to work every day and feel rewarded for my hard work. But isn't there some way to keep part-time benefits???

Showing 2 of 1,388 reviews