Dick's Sporting Goods Reviews in West Nyack, NY
Employee discount available for overpriced, regular priced merchandise only (in 47 reviews)
Flexible hours, you can attend school or a second job (in 34 reviews)
Dick's whole Customer service or "Wow factor" is not supported by their actions (in 27 reviews)
Extremely difficult to maintain any type of work/life balance (in 13 reviews)
Pros – - Opportunities for growth and internal promotions.
- Excellent training programs.
- Easy-access HR resources.
- Fast-paced, clean, high-end retail environment provides for a stimulating work day.
Cons – - It's hard work! Selling customers on credit cards, adding warranties and protection plans, upselling products and adding transaction items are a minimum expectation.
- Long hours as a result of stringent labor limits put on scheduling manager.
- NO MORE PART TIME BENEFITS AS A RESULT OF THE ACA.
Advice to Senior Management – You're doing an awesome job and I really appreciate all the training you've provided me so that I'm confident in doing my job. Thank you for making Dick's a fun and supportive place to work at. I enjoy coming in to work every day and feel rewarded for my hard work. But isn't there some way to keep part-time benefits???
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company