Dick's Sporting Goods

www.dickssportinggoods.com

Dick's Sporting Goods Reviews in West Nyack, NY

Dick's Sporting Goods Chairman and CEO Edward W. Stack

Edward W. Stack

Pros
  • Employee discount available for overpriced, regular priced merchandise only (in 47 reviews)

• Flexible hours, you can attend school or a second job (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • Dick's whole Customer service or "Wow factor" is not supported by their actions (in 27 reviews)

• Extremely difficult to maintain any type of work/life balance (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights
1 Employee Review Back to all reviews

Great Work Environment, Very High Expectations

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) West Nyack, NY

Pros- Opportunities for growth and internal promotions.
    - Excellent training programs.
    - Easy-access HR resources.
    - Fast-paced, clean, high-end retail environment provides for a stimulating work day.

Cons- It's hard work! Selling customers on credit cards, adding warranties and protection plans, upselling products and adding transaction items are a minimum expectation.
    - Long hours as a result of stringent labor limits put on scheduling manager.
    - NO MORE PART TIME BENEFITS AS A RESULT OF THE ACA.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're doing an awesome job and I really appreciate all the training you've provided me so that I'm confident in doing my job. Thank you for making Dick's a fun and supportive place to work at. I enjoy coming in to work every day and feel rewarded for my hard work. But isn't there some way to keep part-time benefits???

Worked for Dick's Sporting Goods? Contribute to the Community!