Diebold

Diebold Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Diebold President and Chief Executive Officer Andy W. Mattes

Andy W. Mattes

Pros
  • Great great people at the associate level and low level management(in 12 reviews)

• Company vehicle, dont have someone looking over your shoulder at all times(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management wants everyone to be yes sir workers(in 14 reviews)

• Very long hours, 70 to 80 hour weeks are normal(in 7 reviews)

Excellent company to work for

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) Green, OH

ProsExcellent training, interesting products, very nice work atmosphere

ConsDepartment was closed a few months after I was hired

Former Firstline Associate

Associate Firstline Technician (Former Employee) Manchester, NH

ProsAuto, independent, good team except team lead.

ConsLow pay, Very dangerous work, Poor Manager!

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure when one is to be terminated, do it accordingly. DON'T suspend THEN terminate and THEN be classless and do it via FedEx letter!!

Good People - Confused Company Direction

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) North Canton, OH

ProsFriendly colleagues who want to support one another

ConsWork Conditions - dirty facility is outdated, in disrepair, & offers little to no natural sunlight.
    Stability - upper level management changes, extensive layoffs, & public investor manipulation.
    Growth - static professional growth opportunities & general decline of company relevance.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate the work environment to be more conducive to collaboration & with attention to attracting & retaining the talented graduates who specialize in today's advanced technologies.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Learned all aspects of the company.

Manager (Former Employee) Coppell, TX

ProsThe company has several opportunities. Great place to work when there were teams.

ConsMoved high performing team to Ohio.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you have a high performing team - leave it alone

A great place to work except for the constant fear of being laid off.

Software Engineer (Former Employee) North Canton, OH

ProsFlexible schedule and the opportunity to learn and work with the latest technology. Great people to work with and a supportive team environment.

ConsContinual company reorganizations, resulting in the elimination of hundreds of individuals and sometimes entire departments. The eliminated positions are consistently outsourced to India.
    Too many layers in the management structure. Many of the mid and lower-level management positions could be removed with little or no consequence.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompare the quality of the work produced by employees in North America, Europe, and Brazil to what is produced by the contractors in India before making decisions about layoffs. Reward outstanding employees with decent raises or bonuses.

Managed corporate staffing operations, partnering and serving vice presidents, directors and managers.

Director (Former Employee) North Canton, OH

ProsTalented, dedicated and educated associates throughout the organization.

ConsThe 2007 recession had a devastating effect on major markets

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your "seasoned" associate's mentoring talent to transition your workforce.

It could be better

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Orland Park, IL

ProsMade my own hours and customer visits

ConsCould be more competitive in pricing

Advice to Senior ManagementListen

Hopefully someone will listen but it is too late here.

CSEIII (Current Employee) Evansville, IL

Prosgood money if you want to work day and night!

Consabsolutely no free time or family life. constantly on call! If you like having bosses you will love this one. Everyone from California to Jersey thinks they are your Boss! They say you are self directed but that is just a saying. If you like being torn between leadership then this is for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood Luck. You successfully managed to drive away almost all the customers in this area. If that is what you where after, you managed it well!!!

Event monitor

ProsVery little, you get two fifteen minute breaks, I guess that's legal

ConsPlace sucks, temp to hire for more than 6 months, EMC was filthy place to work. Mangers could care less about moral!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet 100% new leadership and look out for your everyday people

Company in need of new leadership and new ideas

Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsAt the core, they care very much about the customer.

ConsLack of support and belief in the field sales teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe new CEO needs to ask himself if his management team is inspiring the employees and delivering on transformation?

Worked for Diebold? Contribute to the Community!