Diebold

Diebold Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Diebold President and Chief Executive Officer Andy W. Mattes

Andy W. Mattes

Pros
  • Great great people at the associate level and low level management(in 12 reviews)

• Company vehicle, dont have someone looking over your shoulder at all times(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management wants everyone to be yes sir workers(in 14 reviews)

• Very long hours, 70 to 80 hour weeks are normal(in 7 reviews)

I really enjoyed my position at Diebold I was really disappointed when laid off

First Line Tech (Former Employee) Wenatchee, WA

ProsDiebold welcome you right in they treated you with care the benefits are good I feel Diebold is a strong reliable company

Conswell getting laid off is one I think management could focus a little more with one on one employee time and not just take the word of a co worker

Advice to Senior Managementget to knowy you employee on a one on one level

Great people to work with.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAll the mid level do everything they can to make the company work

ConsUpper management has no clue what to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire upper management outside the sales department

I became very frustrated with the lack of direction and no long term vision, this company is very disorganized.

Engineer (Former Employee) Dublin, CA

ProsThe people that I worked directly with were very good people, we had a great team.

ConsManaged by numbskulls in Ohio, we were a Tech Company but certainly not a High Tech Company.

Advice to Senior ManagementPick a direction and stick with it! The last 6 years had a reorganization every single year. Focus more on retaining good people, you can't bring in the cheapest person and expect quality work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Started OK, but company lost focus

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsA lot of good people work there, but with antiquated systems it was like trying to swim with hands tied behind your back

ConsSeems to have lost their focus... but now have a new CEO

Advice to Senior Managementbring in new blood with fresh ideas and listen to them. Replace outdated technology so that employees can be their most productive.

Was a good company to work for

Buyer (Former Employee) West Valley City, UT

ProsIf you could move up, good coworkers.

ConsA lot of cliques and not much help when starting lower level postions.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone they are laying off currently

NEGATIVE AND UNDERPAID - ONE OF THE WORST COMPANIES THAT I EVER WORKED FOR

Event Monitoring Center Emergency Dispatcher (Former Employee) North Canton, OH

ProsThe only reason that anyone is working in the Event Monitoring Center is because they can not find a better job because of the economy.

ConsNo weekends off. TOTALLY UNDERPAID for the responsibility. You have to ask for permission to use the bathroom. You cannot even put your sweater on the back of you chair. There are only two 15 minutes breaks at the most - at times the first break is only 10 minutes. Audits on performance are picked according to the supervisors attitude toward the employee and if they want to start a paper trail to have you fired. You are yelled at throughout the shift and once again paid only 12$ an hour or a little more as an emergency dispatcher.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind new management and raise the pay to at least 17$ an hour - that would be the right thing to do and fair!

A learning experience for an entry level Firstline techncian

First Line Tech (Former Employee) Winston-Salem, NC

ProsCompany provided vehicle for technicians in the service field. Diebold had good vacation, holiday, and sick time package. Diebold provided blackberry to communicate with while on the road. Enjoyed providing the service to the customers.

ConsLong hours, late nights out on the road. Not enough management care for security of personnel while performing dangerous operations. High personnel turn over rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to have more care for technicians that are providing the service to their customers

Moving up in this company is difficult

Customer Service Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsCompany vehicle, dont have someone looking over your shoulder at all times. Overtime opportunities are easily attainable

ConsAdvancement opportunities are limited. Management likes to play favorites. scheduling tends to be unfair.

Advice to Senior Managementprovide more opportunities to loyal employees

Was a good job while it lasted

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits, Great associates. Their service team is one of the best.

ConsUpper management seems to be more apt to direct from the bottom line, rather than suggestions from the face to face associates. They are also apt to follow the direction of the accountants rather than the customer which surely affects the bottom line in a negative way. Their middle management seems to be confused.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to those that speak and deal with the customer and your profits will rise by themselves.

This was a high stress average pay job with poor management skills.

Business Analyst (Former Employee) North Canton, OH

ProsClose location to my house, large National Corporation, clean environment with cafeteria bank located on the premises

ConsHigh stress, bi-yearly layoffs, high turnovers, average pay with average to low benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement was always changing their minds when it came to output needed. First they wanted it one way, then would change their mind and make you do it all over, very frustrating. Make up your mind and just go with it.

Worked for Diebold? Contribute to the Community!