Diebold Reviews

290 reviews filtered by
2.7
Diebold President and Chief Executive Officer Andy W. Mattes
Andy W. Mattes

Pros
  • Great people to work with and a supportive team environment (in 13 reviews)

• Very good people in the groups I worked with, and some very motivated ones at that (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management wants everyone to be yes sir workers (in 15 reviews)

• Very long hours, 70 to 80 hour weeks are normal (in 8 reviews)

1. IT Management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Canton, OH

I worked at Diebold full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I don't have any to speak of.

Cons

IT Leadership team was transitioning from one with a tremendous amount of promise and excitement to one that is totally out of touch with reality. Consultants make the worst leaders most of the time.

Advice to Management

Employ better hiring practices!

2. Cathy's Employment Review

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Uniontown, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Uniontown, OH

I worked at Diebold full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Loved the responsibility I had and also continuing education. Loved the fact that there was always an opportunity for advancement.

Cons

Only my own personal illnesses which forced me to have to resign.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

3. Undervalued, undercompensated, overworked

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Green, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Green, OH

I have been working at Diebold

Pros

Very few pros. Good benefits.

Cons

Employees are underpaid for the industry. Management is out of touch with actual job responsibilities and resources are misused and mismanaged as a result. There is an air of discontent throughout the building. Contractors are being hired instead of full time employees. Hiring practices and compensation decisions are questionable at best.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Listen for constructive criticism in exit interviews. Reward good work from dedicated employees.

5. Software Engineer

Current Employee - OHIO in North Canton, OH

I have been working at Diebold full-time

Pros

Standard benefits, medical, dental, vision, 401k.

Cons

Future employment is unstable. No merit increase.

Advice to Management

Value your people.

6. Diebold pays well but their benefits cost are nearly the same as if you purchase them on your own.

I worked at Diebold

Pros

The pay is above average. You are well into the middle class with your income.

Cons

The cost of benefits is nearly the same as if you purchased them on your own.

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to get the cost of benefits down.

I work on all banking equipment which includes alarms, video surveillance, ATMs, computers and network management.

Current Employee - Customer Service Engineer II in Texarkana, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Engineer II in Texarkana, TX

I have been working at Diebold

Pros

Diebold had many Pros in the beginning. Essentially we are our own managers and that was a major factor in taking a pay cut to come to work for Diebold. The work culture is very team driven and when you have a good team everything is good. Being a remote technician was especially nice because I was able to make my own schedule most of the time.

Cons

Diebold has changed over the years and to me the changes have not been wise. Technicians are told how valuable they are but yearly raises have been phased out. It is very hard to advance as well. Goals are set in place, with incentives but they are un-obtainable, and if you do obtain them the incentives are one time payouts, and your salary never increases. It seems to me that all the reasons I came to Diebold have been slowly stripped away. Management has slowly but surely added more work and stress to the job with no added benefits or pay.

Advice to Management

Being a remote tech I see things differently than management does and that is obvious. Management tends to focus on the bigger customers and what I have seen is that while big customers get all the attention, the small customer gets forgotten. Over the last few years, I have sold more products an equipment to the smaller customers and that being said, I have paid my on salary. Even with that accomplishment I have the worry of will I have a job come tomorrow. Because the current business practice is so micro-managed and inefficient, we have successfully lost enough business in my area that we are overstaffed, where 2 years ago we needed help. I have been very outspoken about my issues so I would tend to believe that my words here will have no effect as well. Advice in a nutshell, pay your techs what they are worth, make incentives worth trying to achieve and stop micro-managing and tracking as if every tech is a criminal. Do these things and you will achieve a workforce that wants to continue to wear The Diebold brand and I truly believe that Diebold will thrive again.

The climate within the company has changed dramatically. People are just filling a role and are not appreciated.

I have been working at Diebold

Pros

Outstanding company with a rich tradition. Has potential to grow in the market. The people are the company's best attribute.

Cons

Leadership has destroyed the morale of the employees. There is no development available so best learn new skills on your own.

Advice to Management

The people are what make the company go...and grow. Experience and work ethic should be valued, not discarded.

Difficult, but good, experience

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Green, OH
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Green, OH

I have been working at Diebold as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Management is very understanding of personal issues, needing time off, working from home, etc.
    There is a lot of training in the classroom and on the job. Pretty good pay, which is good since it is a very high stress and time consuming company. They have a nice cafeteria and facilities. Located in a great area. Never really micromanaged.

Cons

Upper management is kind of oblivious to the effect all of their changes have on lower employees. There are a lot of layoffs, both permanent and contract employees, so no one is really safe. Hold out on contracts as long as possible so they don't have to pay to hire in employees and because of this they lose a lot of valuable people.

Advice to Management

Stop creating so many new positions for managers, directors, senior execs, etc. and start paying attention to your regular employees. Things would be a lot better if people were actually rewarded for the hard work they are doing.

It was good while it lasted.

Current Employee - Customer Service Engineer II in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Engineer II in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Diebold

Pros

Pay was good. It was nice having a laptop, cell phone, and company vehicle. Great job if you can work alone. Don't have a boss looking over your shoulder. I had a great team with some very knowledgeable techs on it. It was a good 9 years for me.

Cons

Long hours at times, managers have their favorites. In my last 4 years there we went through 2 layoffs , a restructuring, and a volunteerly retirement. I decided it was time to leave.

Advice to Management

Get back to what made Diebold great. Listen to the more experienced they will help you through the tough times.

11.  Responsible for all aspects of the production cycle on MVS and open systems..

Former Employee - Computer Operator in Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Computer Operator in Canton, OH

I worked at Diebold full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was able to gain additional experience on the open system.

Cons

They got off the mainframe and was in the process off out sourcing.

Advice to Management

They were in the process of out sourcing all of I.T.