Diebold

Diebold Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Diebold President and Chief Executive Officer Andy W. Mattes

Andy W. Mattes

Pros
  • Great great people at the associate level and low level management(in 12 reviews)

• Company vehicle, dont have someone looking over your shoulder at all times(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management wants everyone to be yes sir workers(in 14 reviews)

• Very long hours, 70 to 80 hour weeks are normal(in 7 reviews)

Great Careers are made by YOU!

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) North Canton, OH

ProsGreat variety of products and services sold and supported around the world. Endless opportunities for eager associates to spread their wings. Most associates are encouraged to ask questions, join teams, get involved in the future.

ConsIf you are a person who likes to be told what to do and how and when... there are opportunities for you too, but they are more limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is much more to the success of a corporation than profits, EPS, P/E ratio, share price and revenue per associate. Remember that the associates who proudly work for you are raising families, educating their children, supporting their households and engaging in community life. Their paycheck is very important to them and they should not be terminated just because there is someone willing to work for 50% less in a country on the far side of the world.

Long term employee

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunity to advance
    Great brand with customers
    Good people working there
    Opportunity to grow into new business around software and services

ConsChange of management
    Challenged industry (ATM and bank branches)
    Internal systems old
    International sanctions impacted negatively

Advice to Senior ManagementCulture
    Openness with employees
    Encourage innovation

customer service engenier

Prossomething different every day of the week

Consbeing on call for the holidays

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I truly enjoyed my time at Diebold.

Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) Beaverton, OR

ProsI was in the position of Administrative Assistant in the Oregon office and it was great. It had the feel of a small company but the training and benefits of a large organization. I was able to learn about both the sales and service side of the business. If you were fortunate enough to have great managers to work with, as I did, you were able to advance easily and they were invested in your success.

ConsAs with most places, the Sales teams have better perks and better pay. It seemed as if sales associates frequently made promises to customers without checking with the service teams to see if it was possible to provide agreed upon services. It seemed like the service teams were always feeling under appreciated, underpaid, and just beat down. The morale was not always great among those teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote more of a collaborative environment between the sales and service teams. Instead of expecting the service teams to meet the demands of sales, work with them prior to making the deals to ensure that the customer has the best experience possible. Show appreciation to the service teams in an effort to boost morale.

Positive changes taking hold

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Canton, OH

ProsOpportunity to be part of a tunraround; company is back on the right track and early results are good. The new culture being instilled with casual dress, flexible work remote options, etc. are very positive changes and make company feel more like the techy/progressive

ConsThe old-line employees that are still around and complaining constantly because they just don't get it.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course and keep the positive changes coming.

Lots of dealing with past mistakes.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsThe people are great to work with, and as long as you are responsible they keep you busy with meaningful work. There is no shortage of learning opportunities and you will gain much in the way of transferable skills.

ConsThere are a lot instances where the workers are stuck supporting garbage software or products because someone in the past accepted shoddy work from a supplier. The amount of work expected our of the engineering department is borderline unrealistic as a result of higher ups pandering to clients and allowing them unrealistic demands.

Advice to Senior ManagementPush customers to upgrade to Windows 7 and drop XP support. It will significantly lighten the workload and allow for time to do things right. A lot of the time, the fixes applied to issues that arise are "band-aids" and have adverse effects because fixing it right takes too much time.

It has its ups and downs.

Customer Service (Current Employee) North Canton, OH

ProsCompetitive salaries, some chance for growth and promotion. Management says they have a plan to turn everything around, so maybe things will get better.

ConsFrequent layoffs and restructuring make for an unstable, worrisome work environment. Lots of talent has left - some were pushed out and others ran for the hills.

Great to place to work as company is on a good path to win back old strength

Business Planning (Current Employee) Canton, OH

ProsGreat people, highly committed associates. Company has started a comprehensive transformation program that shows traction and will make Diebold a better place to work. New management is tackling issues that were ignored for a long time. Culture is changing what is very positive (new dress code in Ohio: Jeans!), communication significantly improved.

Compensation: adequate pay; just recently introduced Employee Stock Purchase Program, what is very attractive

ConsCompany has had difficult years and is now in the midst of a multi-year transformation, therefore be prepared for lots of change.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the current path and don't stop listening to the associates

Customer Service Engineer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNo supervision while out in the field. All work is done at your pace.

Consarriving to each site on time while taking public transportation.

OK place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Canton, OH

ProsGood pay and great personal work environment. It is peaceful and structured as well, but not very much changes to be honest. The work does not seem to be fickle, and it seems to remain the same every day with not very much change.

ConsPeople are not helpful or friendly and you do not get recognized for hard work. I feel that hard work is not recognized and no other options are available for people who perform well. There are not very many opportunities to do new tasks and it seems that the same tasks are performed every day.

Worked for Diebold? Contribute to the Community!