Diebold

Updated December 18, 2014
2.8

Diebold President and Chief Executive Officer Andy W. Mattes
Andy W. Mattes

Pros
  • Great people to work with and a supportive team environment (in 13 reviews)

• Very good people in the groups I worked with, and some very motivated ones at that (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management wants everyone to be yes sir workers (in 15 reviews)

• Very long hours, 70 to 80 hour weeks are normal (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

No Recognition for the hard work.

I have been working at Diebold full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very average and I suggest not to join this organization.

Cons

One man policy and Hitler type of running the company. Does't listen to lower management. No work life balance and always want people to work like donkeys 24/7.

Please listen to your employees.

Tough Transition

I have been working at Diebold full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good people that all have passion for success

Cons

Going thru a tough transition

Be consistant and do what you say

Field perspective

Former Employee - Administrative
    Former Employee - Administrative

I worked at Diebold

Pros

Field managers were a joy to work with. Company will hire from within; however, advancement opportunities are limited or non-existent for administrative staff.

Cons

Company appeared to be in a constant state of restructuring, and a big fan of outsourcing positions//departments.Company has not issued raises in over three years. A few H.R. representatives suffered from delusions of grandeur, meaning they were quick to violate an employee's right.

Learn how to communicate with your staff and stop treating company strategy as state secret.

Great company with great people and technology

I worked at Diebold

Pros

The people make the difference

Cons

Difficult to pinpoint a con

overall good place to work I was in Manufacturing

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Diebold full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits good hours sold process willing to provide training to assoc

Cons

company WAS LACKING DIRECTION they wanted out of manufacturing so they sold off plant worked in. Was a very cyclical business so when work was there lots of hours and the opposite is true and you could never build or develop a responsive workforce equipment was technical

could have managed some processes yourself versus paying a 3rd party that you had no control over

I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS IN MY LIFE, NEVER EVEN HEARD OF ANYTHING LIKE THIS!

I have been working at Diebold full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

YOUR PAYCHECK WON'T BOUNCE! PAID HOLIDAYS AND VACATION

Cons

This company has made so many operating cost cuts that working as a field service technician is like owning your own franchise but not being paid or rewarded for the additional work. The company has cut staff and support services to the bone. By example: If you call your own company's technical support you may get a call back in 2-3 hours, on several occasions they never called back. Meanwhile management is pushing you to complete 4 service calls a day which is practically impossible because a major repair may take you an entire day to complete. ALL OVERTIME HAS BEEN CUT for field service technicians and stops you from running an additional call or servicing customers on Saturdays. Yet we are being asked to run more calls in 40 hours than we could run with working late daily and on weekends. Customers are dissatisfied because the company has cut the service staff so low that a field tech cannot possibly respond in the promised 4 hours. In many cases we have service calls that are 2-3 weeks old that we have yet to respond to due to the workload. Processes change so frequently that it's like working for a company with multiple-personality-disorders. Support from management is non-existent, you are completely on your own. NO WAGE INCREASES IN 3 YEARS. NO BONUSES but your are asked to do more daily. Beyond making repairs, a field tech has to literally create an electronic invoice based upon dozens of contracts that must be understood to create the invoice correctly Field techs must have every part required on their vehicles, yet cannot have X amount of dollars worth of parts (makes no sense). Many double-standards, antiquated infrastructure that hampers efficiency. Blame someone else is the daily standard. Every technician I know is completely burned out, miserable and most are seeking employment elsewhere. Training on sophisticated equipment has been reduced to correspondence course levels and is ineffective. Customers love the technicians and actually feel sorry for them but despise the company.

Not much accountability, the managers that are supposed to be in place to manage many accounts can rarely be contacted, in many cases we do not know who they are or if they even exist. There are literally thousands of electronic documents that you must sort through to get information required to perform your daily tasks, they are not well organized and rarely updated. There are dozens of administrative tasks that field service technicians have to perform within the 8 hour work day and yet they are expected to complete 4 calls a day including travel time form one account to the next. IT IS A VERY STRESSFUL AND UNORGANIZED ENVIRONMENT THAT IS COMPLETELY MANGED BY CRISIS IF MANAGED AT ALL. THIS COMPANY FITS THE PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE OF A SOCIOPATH!

DIEBOLD DECIDED TO GET RID OF THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE SENIOR SEASONED STAFF WHILE FURTHER CUTTING RESOURCES AND SUPPORT MECHANISMS AND EXPECTS GREATER EFFICIENCY BY CHANGING PROCESSES EVERY TEN MINUTES,! GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

Great Company

Current Employee - Physical Security Technician in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Physical Security Technician in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Diebold full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Can be slightly unorganized at times

Second Line Tech support/Level 2 support

Current Employee - Second Level Tech in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Second Level Tech in New York, NY

I have been working at Diebold full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get to work on the road and your NOT usually stuck in a office.

Cons

Micro Management, LONG hours, NO family work Balance, they DONT care about you at all, They make excuses for everything. OUTDATED infrastructure, DieBold ATM are JUNK, if they as much as fart it places a service call.

NO advise because they dont care, Advise if your thinking to work here. My advise is look around and find a different company to work for. Dont believe me??...LoL...OK go work there and Good luck

Coming to a close.

I have been working at Diebold

Pros

Still looking for one. Don't really have much good to say except for the job pays the bills. That's about it.

Cons

Don't like the sick policy...you could be on your deathbed and be expected the be there..even if you're contagious. It's ridiculous. Don't get sick if you want to work here. And the lack of raises and pay for the constant adding of accounts is obscene.

The stress will lead to an early grave.

Former Employee - Senior Service Technician
    Former Employee - Senior Service Technician

I worked at Diebold full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Can't think of a thing

Cons

Things are so bad the leadership is lost. The former leaders paid no attention to trends in business living off fat contracts. Poor business decisions led to the fall of a once successful company. So the board decided to focus on a new business, one the company was never good at. Brilliant! New leadership can't seem to get that area going yet. In the meantime, the techs wallow in workload more and more because the company won't replace those of us who get smart and leave because we are no longer putting up with bad managers, 70 hour weeks and no raises.

Diebold is not a tech company. If you wanna be, dump your service business so some one who gives a damn about those employees can run that business.