Diebold

Updated January 24, 2015
2.6

Diebold President and Chief Executive Officer Andy W. Mattes
Andy W. Mattes

Pros
  • Great people to work with and a supportive team environment (in 13 reviews)

• Very good people in the groups I worked with, and some very motivated ones at that (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management wants everyone to be yes sir workers (in 15 reviews)

• Very long hours, 70 to 80 hour weeks are normal (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

overall good place to work I was in Manufacturing

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Diebold full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good benefits good hours sold process willing to provide training to assoc

Cons

company WAS LACKING DIRECTION they wanted out of manufacturing so they sold off plant worked in. Was a very cyclical business so when work was there lots of hours and the opposite is true and you could never build or develop a responsive workforce equipment was technical

could have managed some processes yourself versus paying a 3rd party that you had no control over

Companies Today

Current Employee - Design Engineer in North Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in North Canton, OH

I have been working at Diebold as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

This company is 120 years old and uses old school thinking. Fast passed insanity.

Cons

Never work there or you will get laid off under poor work performance and not get unemployment.
    No communications between staff and engineers. Constantly changing dates and requirements. Insane schedules, no mentoring, you sink or swim there. No use of ASME or ANSI standards. IT and Pro/E departments cut to the bone.
    They lock you in a room with security before you leave to get your belongings they secretly hold people against their will until they let you leave. Insane place to work, constant back stabbing of contractors with Millenials playing games on the computers and direct employees putting down all contractors. Dedicated senior engineers work 60 hours a week with no appreciation of raises or compensation.

Listen to the design engineers. Establish online work standards for employees. Have design reviews and have drawing checkers.
    GIVE the people raises first before the head of engineering. Treat the employees with dignity and respect!

I HATE IT! Hope this time next year not to be there.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Green, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Green, OH

I have been working at Diebold full-time

Pros

The only pro is having a paycheck. And keeping the. bills paid and food on the table.

Cons

Diebold has lowered its standard of hiring. You used to have to have had military,call center or police dispatch or emt experience. noticed on a hiring site wile looking for work that now all that is required is 1-3 years of work experience. Why do I want to stay with a company that co stantly lowers its standards.?

Great your people better. Pay us how we deserve to be paid. You aren't going to keep people by take,take,take and not giving back. No raises is ridiculous...especially when you constantly add accounts.

Great Company

Current Employee - Physical Security Technician in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Physical Security Technician in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Diebold full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Can be slightly unorganized at times

This is the most crappiest company I have everworked for!!!

Current Employee - Representative Event Monitoring in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Representative Event Monitoring in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Diebold

Pros

The only Pro to working here is that we get paid on Fridays!!!!!!!!

Cons

We haven’t received raises, training is unorganized, upper management is sorry and lazy, corporate doesn’t listen to their employees, manager uses bonus money and company card for personal use, no type of employee appreciation, under-staff, always have to work MOT or BMOT (Mandatory and Back-Up Mandatory overtime) , doesn’t care about working your employees during inclement weather, adding on new projects or responsibilities without increasing pay, policy doesn’t make any sense, managers and supervisors don’t follow the policies 100% but then when something happens they will blame the ones working under them, we are always placed as the middle man so the blame or finger can point back at us, we have to do every other department’s job, and unfair yearly evaluations.

Create a system that can hold your employees as well as managers accountable for their actions because it is very easy to manipulate the system. Do an intensive interview to make sure that the people you put in leadership is capable of leading.

Lost ship without rudder and holes in the sail

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Diebold full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Still maintains solid staff in the field operation and sales. Majority of teams work hard to keep customers satisfied and makes up the solution gaps created by Canton. The better associates working to bring up the poor performing ones.

Cons

Very numbers driven and short-sighted. No real training and willingness to review the broken process. Feels like the company should hurry up and spin off security division. Really missing the end user migration away from physical channels.

Diebold Intern - great experience

Current Employee - Software Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Systems Engineer

I have been working at Diebold as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

As an intern, I worked on a plethora of different projects. My manager moved me around within our director-level organization and I got to learn a lot about the software stack as well as the company's products. Pay was competitive except I was not given raises due to company policy (not due to my performance) during my last two semesters. Gained a wide variety of experience and worked on meaningful projects. Intern experience led to a full-time offer for me. Very good people in the groups I worked with, and some very motivated ones at that. Great office environment which is improving literally every day. Suburban location with easy access, parking, and a peaceful outside place to eat lunch.

Cons

There were some negative attitudes toward change, which to be frank was sorely needed.
    Some lazy people still exist due to lack of motivation. Software and organizational tools could use some work.

Try to understand the unique needs of each department. For example, engineers have different requirements for document management, etc. than accounting, purchasing, or marketing.

No Recognition for the hard work.

I have been working at Diebold full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very average and I suggest not to join this organization.

Cons

One man policy and Hitler type of running the company. Does't listen to lower management. No work life balance and always want people to work like donkeys 24/7.

Please listen to your employees.

I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS IN MY LIFE, NEVER EVEN HEARD OF ANYTHING LIKE THIS!

I have been working at Diebold full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

YOUR PAYCHECK WON'T BOUNCE! PAID HOLIDAYS AND VACATION

Cons

This company has made so many operating cost cuts that working as a field service technician is like owning your own franchise but not being paid or rewarded for the additional work. The company has cut staff and support services to the bone. By example: If you call your own company's technical support you may get a call back in 2-3 hours, on several occasions they never called back. Meanwhile management is pushing you to complete 4 service calls a day which is practically impossible because a major repair may take you an entire day to complete. ALL OVERTIME HAS BEEN CUT for field service technicians and stops you from running an additional call or servicing customers on Saturdays. Yet we are being asked to run more calls in 40 hours than we could run with working late daily and on weekends. Customers are dissatisfied because the company has cut the service staff so low that a field tech cannot possibly respond in the promised 4 hours. In many cases we have service calls that are 2-3 weeks old that we have yet to respond to due to the workload. Processes change so frequently that it's like working for a company with multiple-personality-disorders. Support from management is non-existent, you are completely on your own. NO WAGE INCREASES IN 3 YEARS. NO BONUSES but your are asked to do more daily. Beyond making repairs, a field tech has to literally create an electronic invoice based upon dozens of contracts that must be understood to create the invoice correctly Field techs must have every part required on their vehicles, yet cannot have X amount of dollars worth of parts (makes no sense). Many double-standards, antiquated infrastructure that hampers efficiency. Blame someone else is the daily standard. Every technician I know is completely burned out, miserable and most are seeking employment elsewhere. Training on sophisticated equipment has been reduced to correspondence course levels and is ineffective. Customers love the technicians and actually feel sorry for them but despise the company.

Not much accountability, the managers that are supposed to be in place to manage many accounts can rarely be contacted, in many cases we do not know who they are or if they even exist. There are literally thousands of electronic documents that you must sort through to get information required to perform your daily tasks, they are not well organized and rarely updated. There are dozens of administrative tasks that field service technicians have to perform within the 8 hour work day and yet they are expected to complete 4 calls a day including travel time form one account to the next. IT IS A VERY STRESSFUL AND UNORGANIZED ENVIRONMENT THAT IS COMPLETELY MANGED BY CRISIS IF MANAGED AT ALL. THIS COMPANY FITS THE PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE OF A SOCIOPATH!

DIEBOLD DECIDED TO GET RID OF THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE SENIOR SEASONED STAFF WHILE FURTHER CUTTING RESOURCES AND SUPPORT MECHANISMS AND EXPECTS GREATER EFFICIENCY BY CHANGING PROCESSES EVERY TEN MINUTES,! GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

Diebold Response

Jan 23, 2015ā€ˇGlobal Communications Intern

Thank you for taking time to share your frustration. We fully understand the issues you raise and we are addressing many of them. As a company, we’re in a turnaround situation, which means we are ... More

Second Line Tech support/Level 2 support

Current Employee - Second Level Tech in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Second Level Tech in New York, NY

I have been working at Diebold full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get to work on the road and your NOT usually stuck in a office.

Cons

Micro Management, LONG hours, NO family work Balance, they DONT care about you at all, They make excuses for everything. OUTDATED infrastructure, DieBold ATM are JUNK, if they as much as fart it places a service call.

NO advise because they dont care, Advise if your thinking to work here. My advise is look around and find a different company to work for. Dont believe me??...LoL...OK go work there and Good luck