Digineer Reviews

Reset
3.2
Digineer President & CEO Michael Lacey
Michael Lacey

1. It's What YOU Make It!!!

Current Employee - Recruiting in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Recruiting in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Digineer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Here is my little list of Pros: 1. The assistance is ALWAYS there. 2. Constantly Learning 3. The culture is one of a kind - Nothing I have ever experience 4. Flexibility between Work and home ( I am a mom - multiple hats) 5. Ohana Events (employees and family day) 6. Growth within Digineer - Help developer your career path 7. Excellent Team members

Cons

No company is perfect. So, the "CONS" would be whatever YOU feel doesn't work for you. We all can list complaints about our issues in our current roles (I honestly do not have any). However, what may be bad for you may work for me, and, what may be bad for me may work for you. It's truly WHAT YOU MAKE IT!!!

Advice to Management

Continue to stay focus on growing Digineer. This is truly a wonderful company that can expand and grow in the near future.

2. Dissapointing - Potential, but so much disfunction

I worked at Digineer full-time

Pros

They have had some fantastic people; unfortunately they aren't running the company. Exciting culture; unfortunately that has mostly disappeared with so much turnover. Company events; sure they do quite a few and its always the same people. I'd prefer the cash and be able to enjoy my off-work time with whom I chose. Best resource and delivery managers in the marketplace.

Cons

Leadership - What leadership? It's a crazy combination of the blind leading the blind, immense egos, favoritism, and delusion. Never seen anything like it, and hope to never again. Vision - There is a vision, it just happens to change on a monthly or even daily basis. Sure there is the "brochure-ware" vision, but in reality its overruled by the fire drill of the day (utilization, rates, forecast, budget, turnover, cash flow, etc.) Ask 5 people what the vision is and I guarantee you will get 5 different answers. CEO - An enigma that is trailed by people trying to keep their jobs when he is present. Appears very intelligent until you realize its just a bunch of fancy words and rhetoric to talk about himself and make you feel that he is so much better than you. New Business - Nearly non-existent with any new clients. Compete sales team turnover of long tenured people in the last year tells me that something is really wrong.

Advice to Management

Change the company name. Easiest way to address the bad name you are getting in the marketplace. Stop asking employees to post positive comments on here when you get poor reviews that you know are honest.

Up Hill Battle

Pros

Some nice Folks at the office.

Cons

Problems with no leadership from entire chain. CEO has one leg out the door. Sales has no direction, and they have had a mass exodus of senior consultants who have been long time employees. They say they are all about projects....but it is just a glorified staffing firm with high rates.

Advice to Management

Stop relying on guessing how to fix the ship! Take time to invest into trying approaches to gain business.

Stay Away

I worked at Digineer (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to this company

Cons

No sales pipeline, no benefits, no training and an arrogant CEO who plays favorites.

Advice to Management

Not worth my time

Good, small consultancy with big ideas

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Digineer full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture and enthusiasm can be engaging and make the office a fun place to be. The client base there was diverse enough to provide many opportunities to learn and keep busy.

Cons

The connection between growth strategy and execution was a bit of a chaotic environment. Big ideas were certainly discussed but the leadership team appeared to lack focus and steadfast determination to momentum.

Advice to Management

Simplify. Grow more organically in fewer directions rather than addressing all of the things simultaneously. Protect the bank with core competency and apply the new thinking to new endeavors.

Not what they say they are

Former Employee - Business Analyst Consultant in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Business Analyst Consultant in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Digineer (More than a year)

Pros

Nice parties, can have work-life balance depending on where they are placed.

Cons

This company is not so much consulting as it is staff augmentation. They drive you out to a client site and drop you off, never to speak to you again. The staff is immature and lacking in the skills necessary to do their jobs. They promise benefits which consist of helping to find an individual medical and dental plan. Oh! And they'll match your 401K after 3 years.

EXCELLENT

Pros

After the company meeting last night, you can feel the energy and strong leadership we have at the helm of Digineer! So proud to work here! Many people have grown their careers here, starting at junior levels and now leading charges or are MVP's for Microsoft! Digineer is about company and personal growth together!

Cons

We are working on our benefit options.

Advice to Management

Good things are happening and will be happening. Keep up the great work!

9. Best Move I Ever Made

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Digineer full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people who make up Digineer is the best reason for me to work here. Corporate does a really good job of planning after hours events so you feel like part of the company even though everyone is placed with different clients. (e.g. sporting events, cook offs, kickball, etc.) Also, when I had a personal crisis, the leadership team was extremely compassionate and understanding. I much prefer this type of work environment to a sterile corporate setting.

Cons

Because it is a smaller company, it is more directly impacted by the economy than a larger corporation would be.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to continue going in the same direction. I've never been so inspired to work this hard and be so loyal to another employer. Time off- Management is very flexible. Professional development - You are encouraged to work on your professional development, when you are in between engagements, which allows the consultants to stay current with industry standards. Benefits: You get to choose your own medical coverage. We are in the process of getting access to a travel management company, for business and personal use, so that is another perk of working for Digineer.

10. Digineer East - The energy is tangible!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Totowa, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Totowa, NJ

Pros

The Digineer east coast branch is growing very quickly and is full of exciting opportunities. The perks of being close to Manhattan and the shore make it very desirable. The sharp and nimble east coast team are a pleasure to work with. Everyone here works hard, plays hard. The management is world class. The benefits & compensation are comparable to competitors.

Cons

Not many cons other than the typical entering a new market challenges.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow your east coast team and region with 'A' players. There so much opportunity for growth and experience. The corporate team should take the time to visit and experience more of the east coast.

11. No reason to leave

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Digineer full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You own your career at Digineer. By taking the initiative to step up and lead on internal projects/engagements and been awarded with further opportunities to grow and have amazing engagements with our clients - Talented People - Variety of engagments - Strong Delivery Teams

Cons

- Small company challenges, yet they are overcome able - Latch on to tenured employees who are stagnate in there desire to grow - Opportunity for improvement in Account Management

Advice to Management

Leverage experience of consultants, partners, and clients. Look for some more outside talent to lead the organization to the next level.

RSS Feed </> Embed