Digineer

Digineer Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Digineer President & CEO Michael Lacey

Michael Lacey

Digineer East - The energy is tangible!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Totowa, NJ

ProsThe Digineer east coast branch is growing very quickly and is full of exciting opportunities. The perks of being close to Manhattan and the shore make it very desirable. The sharp and nimble east coast team are a pleasure to work with. Everyone here works hard, plays hard. The management is world class. The benefits & compensation are comparable to competitors.

ConsNot many cons other than the typical entering a new market challenges.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to grow your east coast team and region with 'A' players. There so much opportunity for growth and experience. The corporate team should take the time to visit and experience more of the east coast.

No reason to leave

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsYou own your career at Digineer. By taking the initiative to step up and lead on internal projects/engagements and been awarded with further opportunities to grow and have amazing engagements with our clients
    - Talented People
    - Variety of engagments
    - Strong Delivery Teams

Cons- Small company challenges, yet they are overcome able
    - Latch on to tenured employees who are stagnate in there desire to grow
    - Opportunity for improvement in Account Management

Advice to Senior ManagementLeverage experience of consultants, partners, and clients. Look for some more outside talent to lead the organization to the next level.

A company that cares about its employees and a good employee experience

ProsPersonal experience and ability to bring up any concerns I have.
    Exciting opportunities for those that want to take them on.
    Amazing people and culture.
    Support for me to grow my career and ability to get as involved as I would like.

ConsLeadership decision making can take longer than I would like.
    A few key clients, but it appears to be getting better.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to your employees and finding great work. The team here is amazing and it is exciting to see where it will be in the future! Stay focused on the culture as you continue to grow.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The bad, the worse and the ugly and then some.

Consultant (Former Employee) Plymouth, MN

ProsThe pay was decent, they have some professional consultants, they throw nice parties.

ConsThere really are no benefits - don't let them tell you otherwise. They are a staff augmentation firm- not a consulting firm. They have one large, beastie client. The staff is completely inept, unprofessional and clueless. Many of the consultants a very cliquey.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpgrade your current inept staff and recruit for what you are. Stop promising consulting when you just need a butt in a chair.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Solid Consulting Talent, Extremely Poor Leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDigineer has had a solid track record of acquiring talent.

ConsDon't buy into the message Digineer gives. Digineer tells you that the culture is fantastic and that there are opportunities for growth, training, professional development, great project work, etc.... which is all a compete joke. All they care about is making sure you are 100% billable regardless if it is work that you want to do so they can achieve their ridiculous margin goals.

I have never seen a company this small be so political. My guess is this is due to how the CEO operates.

Advice to Senior ManagementGiving advice to management to improve Digineer is pointless as people have done it time and again and nothing changes. They give the same message over and over and the results never change.

if you want to grow your company you need to stop being so greedy on margins, invest more on something that you can actually sell instead of people and reduce your overcompensated administrative overhead.

Put QUALIFIED people in leadership roles. Stop putting people in major decision making roles out of blind loyalty. Over half of the current management team should not be in the roles they are in.

Stop hiding behind your culture, think it is the be all end all and it can compensate for the lack of opportunities, professional growth and constant personal sacrifice that consultants make.

Admit who you are - You're a staffing company and nothing more.

A career builder for those who want to work.

ProsThe opportunities abound for those who are willing to work for it. Promotions, raises and personal and professional growth part of how we improve our whole team.

ConsYou will work more and harder than you ever have. We have momentum, making change slower than we'd like, but the level of strategic planning for a company our size is unlike any I've seen.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focused on changing and moving faster. Admit mistakes, change, and move on.

Bad Experience

Project Management (Former Employee) Plymouth, MN

ProsMet some really great and dedicated people.

ConsAccepting a position with Digineer was the worst career choice I have made. Turnover is alarmingly high! Hard to find any employees that have worked there for more than 1 year.

There is a huge disconnect from "what they say they are" to "what they are"

Only have a small client list which leads to high turnover and many people being on the bench.

Often given conflicting input and advice from management. I was told to "stay late and take on at many projects as possible" the next day I was told to make sure to "focus on the responsibilities you have and do not bill over 40 hours per week"

Work life balance is preached by leadership but is horrible within clients. Our project team worked over 8 hour days every weekend over the summer. We were often told to be "on call" and asked to give an hourly break down of our weekend on Fridays, we were told that the expectation was if we were called over the weekend we would be available to work within 30 minutes. One team member was asked to check his phone every time he turned his riding lawn mower in case he was needed. This was not just this project, many consultants were working 80 hours + per week and compensated at 40 hours.

Bottom line is I would not recommend Digineer to anyone. Very negative experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed a huge change in culture and environment. Digineer has a very negative reputation and it will continue until there is a conscious change in culture. Not more parties or events, real change.

Find a way to get in with the large companies so turnover can be reduced.

Jun 11, 2014

I am sorry to hear that you did not have the positive experience that most people have had by choosing Digineer for their career. It sounds like you received mixed messages and for that, I ... More

Staff augmentation, not consulting

ProsA lot of nice, talented, and professional people work there. 80% of the employees are great or would be great if management would get out of the way.

Cons- Super unprofessional management, rather insulting to the intelligence of the employees
    - Treat employees poorly, very willing to toss employees under the bus
    - They are a staff augmentation organization, not consultants
    - A lot of long-term corporate employees have the mentality that they know the way consulting is supposed to work and refuse to make changes because it doesn't fit their poorly formed ideas of what a consulting company should be.
    - Corporate culture very closed to change
    - Super high turn over for a very good reason

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of 90% of your current management, they are doing your company no favors

Apr 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your views and concerns. I and the rest of the leadership team take your concerns seriously and I’d like to connect with you offline about your dissatisfaction ... More

Unprofessional workplace

Business Systems Analyst Consultant (Current Employee) Plymouth, MN

ProsConsultants are very talented and professional! Events are held to meet other co-workers outside of the day to day.

ConsManagement staff is inexperienced and very unprofessional. It is a very immature work environment. Requirements to attend meetings that are unproductive and are really about drinking and poor entertainment. Great way to start a bad habit or worse. It is a very clicky environment to say the very least. The client base is also limiting. Only one major client. Turnover is high!

Advice to Senior ManagementHire professional management. Listen to your employees. Work on retaining great employees with talent. Practice what you preach. It is not aligned.

Apr 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Digineer and how we could improve our company. I would be very interested in talking through your concerns and opinions. Could we please ... More

Could be worse

Consultant (Current Employee) Plymouth, MN

ProsFlexible work environment, mostly competent co-workers.

ConsDoesn't have a very deep client list, so expect a lot of bench time. Rates imo, aren't competitive due to massive admin/marketing overhead.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecrease your overhead, way too many marketing type employees making rates not competitive.

Apr 22, 2014

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and advice. We hear your concerns and would like to talk with you further. Could we please connect by email, phone, or in person to discuss further. I would ... More

Worked for Digineer? Contribute to the Community!