Digineer Reviews

Digineer President & CEO Michael Lacey
Michael Lacey

EXCELLENT

I have been working at Digineer

Pros

After the company meeting last night, you can feel the energy and strong leadership we have at the helm of Digineer! So proud to work here!

Many people have grown their careers here, starting at junior levels and now leading charges or are MVP's for Microsoft! Digineer is about company and personal growth together!

Cons

We are working on our benefit options.

Good things are happening and will be happening. Keep up the great work!

Not what they say they are

Former Employee - Business Analyst Consultant in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Business Analyst Consultant in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Digineer (more than an year)

Pros

Nice parties, can have work-life balance depending on where they are placed.

Cons

This company is not so much consulting as it is staff augmentation. They drive you out to a client site and drop you off, never to speak to you again. The staff is immature and lacking in the skills necessary to do their jobs. They promise benefits which consist of helping to find an individual medical and dental plan. Oh! And they'll match your 401K after 3 years.

Best Move I Ever Made

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Digineer full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people who make up Digineer is the best reason for me to work here. Corporate does a really good job of planning after hours events so you feel like part of the company even though everyone is placed with different clients. (e.g. sporting events, cook offs, kickball, etc.) Also, when I had a personal crisis, the leadership team was extremely compassionate and understanding. I much prefer this type of work environment to a sterile corporate setting.

Cons

Because it is a smaller company, it is more directly impacted by the economy than a larger corporation would be.

My advice would be to continue going in the same direction. I've never been so inspired to work this hard and be so loyal to another employer.

Time off- Management is very flexible. Professional development - You are encouraged to work on your professional development, when you are in between engagements, which allows the consultants to stay current with industry standards. Benefits: You get to choose your own medical coverage.

We are in the process of getting access to a travel management company, for business and personal use, so that is another perk of working for Digineer.

No reason to leave

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Digineer full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You own your career at Digineer. By taking the initiative to step up and lead on internal projects/engagements and been awarded with further opportunities to grow and have amazing engagements with our clients
    - Talented People
    - Variety of engagments
    - Strong Delivery Teams

Cons

- Small company challenges, yet they are overcome able
    - Latch on to tenured employees who are stagnate in there desire to grow
    - Opportunity for improvement in Account Management

Leverage experience of consultants, partners, and clients. Look for some more outside talent to lead the organization to the next level.

Digineer East - The energy is tangible!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Totowa, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Totowa, NJ

I have been working at Digineer

Pros

The Digineer east coast branch is growing very quickly and is full of exciting opportunities. The perks of being close to Manhattan and the shore make it very desirable. The sharp and nimble east coast team are a pleasure to work with. Everyone here works hard, plays hard. The management is world class. The benefits & compensation are comparable to competitors.

Cons

Not many cons other than the typical entering a new market challenges.

Continue to grow your east coast team and region with 'A' players. There so much opportunity for growth and experience. The corporate team should take the time to visit and experience more of the east coast.

A company that cares about its employees and a good employee experience

I have been working at Digineer full-time

Pros

Personal experience and ability to bring up any concerns I have.
    Exciting opportunities for those that want to take them on.
    Amazing people and culture.
    Support for me to grow my career and ability to get as involved as I would like.

Cons

Leadership decision making can take longer than I would like.
    A few key clients, but it appears to be getting better.

Keep listening to your employees and finding great work. The team here is amazing and it is exciting to see where it will be in the future! Stay focused on the culture as you continue to grow.

Solid Consulting Talent, Extremely Poor Leadership

I worked at Digineer

Pros

Digineer has had a solid track record of acquiring talent.

Cons

Don't buy into the message Digineer gives. Digineer tells you that the culture is fantastic and that there are opportunities for growth, training, professional development, great project work, etc.... which is all a compete joke. All they care about is making sure you are 100% billable regardless if it is work that you want to do so they can achieve their ridiculous margin goals.

I have never seen a company this small be so political. My guess is this is due to how the CEO operates.

Giving advice to management to improve Digineer is pointless as people have done it time and again and nothing changes. They give the same message over and over and the results never change.

if you want to grow your company you need to stop being so greedy on margins, invest more on something that you can actually sell instead of people and reduce your overcompensated administrative overhead.

Put QUALIFIED people in leadership roles. Stop putting people in major decision making roles out of blind loyalty. Over half of the current management team should not be in the roles they are in.

Stop hiding behind your culture, think it is the be all end all and it can compensate for the lack of opportunities, professional growth and constant personal sacrifice that consultants make.

Admit who you are - You're a staffing company and nothing more.

A career builder for those who want to work.

I have been working at Digineer full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The opportunities abound for those who are willing to work for it. Promotions, raises and personal and professional growth part of how we improve our whole team.

Cons

You will work more and harder than you ever have. We have momentum, making change slower than we'd like, but the level of strategic planning for a company our size is unlike any I've seen.

Keep focused on changing and moving faster. Admit mistakes, change, and move on.

Bad Experience

Former Employee - Project Management in Plymouth, MN
    Former Employee - Project Management in Plymouth, MN

I worked at Digineer full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Met some really great and dedicated people.

Cons

Accepting a position with Digineer was the worst career choice I have made. Turnover is alarmingly high! Hard to find any employees that have worked there for more than 1 year.

There is a huge disconnect from "what they say they are" to "what they are"

Only have a small client list which leads to high turnover and many people being on the bench.

Often given conflicting input and advice from management. I was told to "stay late and take on at many projects as possible" the next day I was told to make sure to "focus on the responsibilities you have and do not bill over 40 hours per week"

Work life balance is preached by leadership but is horrible within clients. Our project team worked over 8 hour days every weekend over the summer. We were often told to be "on call" and asked to give an hourly break down of our weekend on Fridays, we were told that the expectation was if we were called over the weekend we would be available to work within 30 minutes. One team member was asked to check his phone every time he turned his riding lawn mower in case he was needed. This was not just this project, many consultants were working 80 hours + per week and compensated at 40 hours.

Bottom line is I would not recommend Digineer to anyone. Very negative experience.

Need a huge change in culture and environment. Digineer has a very negative reputation and it will continue until there is a conscious change in culture. Not more parties or events, real change.

Find a way to get in with the large companies so turnover can be reduced.

Digineer Response

Jun 11, 2014VP Human Resources

I am sorry to hear that you did not have the positive experience that most people have had by choosing Digineer for their career. It sounds like you received mixed messages and for that, I ... More

Staff augmentation, not consulting

I have been working at Digineer full-time

Pros

A lot of nice, talented, and professional people work there. 80% of the employees are great or would be great if management would get out of the way.

Cons

- Super unprofessional management, rather insulting to the intelligence of the employees
    - Treat employees poorly, very willing to toss employees under the bus
    - They are a staff augmentation organization, not consultants
    - A lot of long-term corporate employees have the mentality that they know the way consulting is supposed to work and refuse to make changes because it doesn't fit their poorly formed ideas of what a consulting company should be.
    - Corporate culture very closed to change
    - Super high turn over for a very good reason

Get rid of 90% of your current management, they are doing your company no favors

Digineer Response

Apr 22, 2014VP Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your views and concerns. I and the rest of the leadership team take your concerns seriously and I’d like to connect with you offline about your dissatisfaction ... More