Digital Brand Architects

2.4
Karen Robinovitz & Kendra Bracken-Ferguson

1. Senior Account Executive

I worked at Digital Brand Architects full-time

Pros

Great team and cool environment. Also awesome opportunities with a variety of brands. If you love fashion. This is also the place to be.

Cons

Everyone was overworked and undervalued by owners and misguided leadership.

Advice to Management

Your team has a threshold before they burn out. People can't keep churning out good work without feeling valued or appreciated.

2. Community Manager

I have been working at Digital Brand Architects

Pros

Fun environment amd good brands to work with

Cons

Little movement within the company

3. Terrible People, No Balance

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Digital Brand Architects full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great client list (when they can keep them, which is rare).

Cons

Have never worked at such an unprofessional, unsupportive and catty environment. I don't accept the "it's the fashion industry!" excuse. The COO is immature, unprofessional and petty. The senior staff over promises to clients and then thrashes the junior staff when they're unable to deliver. The CEO can be lovely but is strategically incompetent and too pushy with clients. Zero work / life balance and anyone who tries to create that balance in their life is ostracized, given the worst accounts and a complete lack of support. It took me 6+ months after leaving to recover from the terrible treatment. Their work is also smoke and mirrors - they falsify campaign reports (just make up the numbers! the clients will never know the difference! ) and demand "commission" (kickbacks) from vendor-partners. All in all, the perfect example of how NOT to run a business.

Advice to Management

Gain some humility and treat your employees better. Whether you like it or not, your employees are the backbone of your company, without them you do not exist. A little respect of work/life balance goes a long way to creating more productive employees and a better work environment.

5. Welcome to sorority life...

I worked at Digital Brand Architects

Pros

Some pros of working at DBA are the summer Fridays and the young office environment.

Cons

I would strongly suggest not working at DBA. If you're looking for a work/life balance it won't happen. If you're used to the sorority lifestyle this is the place for you ⎯ morale is low, a lot of gossiping and junior staff is overworked. High turnover amongst employees and clients.

6. Solid agency with a promising future.

I have been working at Digital Brand Architects full-time

Pros

DBA is a team oriented agency that encourages creative thinking and praises hard work.

Cons

Agency life isn't for everyone. No 401K match.

Advice to Management

More perks (and hugs) for junior staff.

No work-life balance at DBA

I have been working at Digital Brand Architects

Pros

There are very few pros - and I'm sure many people would say working with cool clients in the fashion industry and some of the perks that go along with it would be one of them. All of that loses it's luster after a while though when you're burnt out, and that stuff isn't as "cool" anymore.

Cons

No, NONE, zilch, ZERO work life balance here. You are expected to work into the late hours, come in early, and work on the weekends sometimes. It is ridiculous. The main problem is clients are promised things that are NOT possible with the small team that is DBA. Morale is also ALWAYS low and the top people are into micro-managing and then taking the credit for work they didn't do. Plain and simple it's a factory that runs it's workers into the ground.

Advice to Management

Get a grip, and stop over promising when YOU AREN'T THE ONES DOING THE WORK. Also, up your salaries. We

Intern Experience at DBA

Former Employee - Media & Management in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Media & Management in New York, NY

I worked at Digital Brand Architects full-time

Pros

Loved working in a fast paced environment where you could be doing everything from planning events to working on blogger/brand collaborations. A good chunk of the employees I really got along with, made lasting connections.

Cons

Little to no recognition from founders, even in such a small environment. In my summer, at least three employees left the company.

Advice to Management

Value your employees

Creative environment + great clients!

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Digital Brand Architects full-time (More than a year)

Pros

very creative atmosphere that's hands on with well known clients. you get to do everything from managing social channels for millions of fans, doing instagram photo shoots, creating massive brand campaigns and working with great budgets to watch your ideas come to life. everything you do is measurable, so you can see the value in your work.

Cons

like all fashion jobs, it's a lot of work and long hours. not everyone's willing to put in what's needed to get the job done at times. insurance is kinda expensive and they dont match 401k.

Advice to Management

hire more staff

10. Fast paced, challenging work environment and I love it!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Digital Brand Architects full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As my one-year anniversary is approaching with DBA I decided to post my review a few weeks earlier. This is my second company that I worked for that would be considered a start up entrepreneurial spirit environment. I had my hesitation at first about work –life balance but I truly believe this has been one of the best decisions for my career. I am constantly challenged with my position, I am working with some the most creative people in this industry, I am in a work environment where my opinions are valued and my work is not routine. I am lucky to have a great career that I learning more and more and developing my skills while balancing my family life. The company is striving and making all efforts to ensure employee satisfaction is met. Health and wellness benefits have in enhanced in 2014, the company has generous time off policy, summer days and Birthday’s off.

Cons

In business there is always room for growth and improvement. I am always impressed by the positive energy that is always looking or the solution for whatever problem that arises. That focus on the bigger picture helps DBA grow as a company.

Advice to Management

More one on one time with junior staff .

It's unanimous. DBA is a terrible place to work. Don't hire them as an agency either.

Former Employee - Account Person in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Person in New York, NY

I worked at Digital Brand Architects full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good brands to put on your resume.

Cons

No one understands how they are still in business. They have been fired by countless brands and have a legendary turnover rate. The partners are charming and are decent salespeople, but DBA's work is terrible. Before you assume that it's because of the employees, think again. The partners are immature, highly emotional, defensive and bad business people. The immaturity and unnecessary emotional nature of the partners leads to an unhealthy culture. People are constantly burnt out and are subjected to bullying emails and the silent treatment from the founders. Poor finance management and questionable company investments lead to random layoffs, underpaid employees and underservicing of clients. Prospective employees: don't work here. Prospective clients: don't hire them.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect. Take less spa days.

RSS Feed </> Embed