Digital Brand Architects

Intern Experience at DBA

Former Employee - Media & Management  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Media & Management in New York, NY

I worked at Digital Brand Architects full-time

Pros

Loved working in a fast paced environment where you could be doing everything from planning events to working on blogger/brand collaborations.
    A good chunk of the employees I really got along with, made lasting connections.

Cons

Little to no recognition from founders, even in such a small environment.
    In my summer, at least three employees left the company.

Value your employees

Creative environment + great clients!

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Digital Brand Architects full-time for more than a year

Pros

very creative atmosphere that's hands on with well known clients. you get to do everything from managing social channels for millions of fans, doing instagram photo shoots, creating massive brand campaigns and working with great budgets to watch your ideas come to life. everything you do is measurable, so you can see the value in your work.

Cons

like all fashion jobs, it's a lot of work and long hours. not everyone's willing to put in what's needed to get the job done at times. insurance is kinda expensive and they dont match 401k.

hire more staff

Fast paced, challenging work environment and I love it!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Digital Brand Architects full-time for less than a year

Pros

As my one-year anniversary is approaching with DBA I decided to post my review a few weeks earlier. This is my second company that I worked for that would be considered a start up entrepreneurial spirit environment. I had my hesitation at first about work –life balance but I truly believe this has been one of the best decisions for my career. I am constantly challenged with my position, I am working with some the most creative people in this industry, I am in a work environment where my opinions are valued and my work is not routine. I am lucky to have a great career that I learning more and more and developing my skills while balancing my family life. The company is striving and making all efforts to ensure employee satisfaction is met. Health and wellness benefits have in enhanced in 2014, the company has generous time off policy, summer days and Birthday’s off.

Cons

In business there is always room for growth and improvement. I am always impressed by the positive energy that is always looking or the solution for whatever problem that arises. That focus on the bigger picture helps DBA grow as a company.

More one on one time with junior staff .

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's unanimous. DBA is a terrible place to work. Don't hire them as an agency either.

Former Employee - Account Person  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Person in New York, NY

I worked at Digital Brand Architects full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good brands to put on your resume.

Cons

No one understands how they are still in business. They have been fired by countless brands and have a legendary turnover rate. The partners are charming and are decent salespeople, but DBA's work is terrible.

Before you assume that it's because of the employees, think again. The partners are immature, highly emotional, defensive and bad business people. The immaturity and unnecessary emotional nature of the partners leads to an unhealthy culture. People are constantly burnt out and are subjected to bullying emails and the silent treatment from the founders. Poor finance management and questionable company investments lead to random layoffs, underpaid employees and underservicing of clients.

Prospective employees: don't work here. Prospective clients: don't hire them.

Treat people with respect. Take less spa days.

EXTREMELY Demanding, Long Hours, HIGH TURN OVER

I worked at Digital Brand Architects full-time

Pros

Meet great clients, Co-workers were team oriented, company get togethers/parties. Creative environment

Cons

Long hours, no over time, HORRIBLE management from executives/founders, highly disorganized, the atmosphere was very 'High school' at times and that was coming from the two founders (K & K) no real policy or procedures are in place. Total chaos.

Treat your employees better and respect them.

Do not work here

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Digital Brand Architects full-time

Pros

hands on experience, close knit colleagues, interesting clients

Cons

horrible management, unfair treatment of employees, no structure, no policies or consistent procedures, overall negativity

learn how to manage.

Avoid if you can

Former Employee - Account Director  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Director in New York, NY

I worked at Digital Brand Architects full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free cupcakes
    Opportunities to take ownership of your work
    Cool clients

Cons

Zero work life balance
    Owners let clients walk all over junior staff members
    Zero transparency
    Owners use company money for personal expenses (spa days, first class plane tickets)
    Employees are expected to be on call 24/7
    Promotions are given in title only
    Junior staff is underpaid
    High staff turn over
    Bad benefits

Don't be hypocritical - e.g. don't let clients walk all over employees and then say you "put employees first"
    Be honest and transparent - it goes a long way for boosting morale
    Charge clients more for your services and hire more staff members - that way you won't have to one employee on five accounts

Worked for Digital Brand Architects? Contribute to the Community!