Digital Cheetah

Aj Tidwell

I really love my job!

Current Employee - Client Services in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Client Services in Austin, TX

I have been working at Digital Cheetah full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very friendly, fun and relaxed work environment. Good location downtown Austin. The people that work at this company are for the most part all smart people who are wanting to make a difference with what we are doing - and it helps that while we all work hard, and we also play hard too. It's a nice balance and a good place to come to every day. The company mantra to focus on our clients' needs first and foremost impresses me a lot - it is really great to go home at night knowing we are helping people help others every day. It's a rewarding, fast moving pace and every single person's contribution has an impact, which is also something that makes me feel good (and tired!) at the end of a work day. If you're looking to learn and grow while feeling good about what you do all day, this is the place for you.

Cons

It is a fast moving pace, and because of this you may be asked to chip in outside of your normal routine or job. Otherwise, I can't think of any thing negative to say. The people that work here really make this place a great place to be.

Keep on working to make this company the best it can be, both for our clients and our employees. And hire more people!!

On the right path to success...

Current Employee - Client Liaison in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Client Liaison in Austin, TX

I have been working at Digital Cheetah full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I'm not sure why there are so many negative reviews here. This place is very friendly, has a great team atmosphere, everyone is always helpful, good location, they have improved the training program for new employees, they have lots of learning opportunities, and management is constantly striving to improve their processes. They are interested in hiring quality individuals that want to be apart of something great. They care about their employees and value those who care about the company and it's clients.

Cons

This company is small compared to those big corporations, so it may not suit people coming from those bigger companies.

Keep up the good work. Continue to value those employees and keep them happy and wanting to come to work.

The sad truth

Current Employee - Liaison in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Liaison in Austin, TX

I have been working at Digital Cheetah full-time

Pros

Other than the owners, the people are great to work with.
    Casual dress.

Cons

The owners. Everything negative comes down to their ineptitude. They bicker with each other in front of employees. They will call you out in front of co-workers ( even when you're doing something you were told to do by another member of management). If you say anything other than, "yes, you're right", you will be met with passive-aggressive comments or blatant rudeness, which is--at times--verbally abusive. There are no guidlines in place for anything. They constantly change policies and procedures with little to no input from the team and without warning or explanation. They micromanage every single thing anyone does. They treat managers as their personal assistants. Each member of the team is forced to do two or more peoples' jobs with no type of compensation. They are sneaky and manipulative. They heavily play favorites. Training for newcomers is a joke. The pay is nowhere near enough to put up with the owners' behavior.

Realize that your comments and behavior is not only unprofessional, it's illegal. Respect the people that keep your business running. Properly train and support your employees and then let them do their jobs and you do yours. Stop enabling friendly interaction, to then turn around and get angry when people are friendly in return. Compensate the employees for the heaping amounts of work they do for you.

The Times They Are A-Changin'

Current Employee - Developer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Developer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Digital Cheetah full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This not the company of a year ago. The new management team has made a big difference and is making an effort to listen to the employees. The work is usually fun and it is very rewarding to work for an organization that helps people.

Cons

New team member training is insufficient in the amount of allotted time and depth of training. Teams are flat. Pace is very fast, not a good fit for everyone.

Keep listening

One of the most immoral places I have ever worked

Former Employee - Client Liaison in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Client Liaison in Austin, TX

I worked at Digital Cheetah

Pros

I believe the only pro was that the dress was casual. It is always nice to be able to wear what you like to wear to work.

Cons

1. They owners/managers are atrocious and will do everything they can to destroy you if you do not bow down to their unreasonable demands.
    2.They want you to work insane amounts of overtime but are unwilling to allow you to take off when you need to.
    3. You are required to go to the doctors on your own time(which you do not have any if you are working here) or put in two weeks notice when you need to go to the doctor.
    4. You are not provided with feedback but expected to make improvements.
    5. They are disorganized and it is your fault.
    6. The communication between the development side and the client side is non-existent
    7. I could go on but my advise is run.
    8. People are not treated with any type of respect.

My advice to the management of Digital Cheetah is that they should remove themselves from their positions. I only hope that the things which they do are done to them so that may understand the effect of their actions.

No Respect for Employees

I worked at Digital Cheetah

Pros

- Friendly group of employees
    - Convenient downtown location
    - Solid placement in the niche market
    - Small company 25 - 30 employees

Cons

- No growth potential, no future, poor pay and minimal benefits
    - Owners DIY approach to running business ignores and disdains basic principles, industry standards and common sense business practices
    - Openly hostile attitude and poor treatment of employees by principles
    - Employees encouraged to monitor and inform on coworkers
    - Management does not trust or respect employees
    - Poor business practices and lack of coherent processes leads to chaotic, crisis driven environment
    - Very high turnover in all departments
    - Tight information control and extreme micromanagement
    - Employees routinely blamed for failures caused by bad management practices
    - Workers often set up to fail due to unreasonable deadlines and poor understanding of project scope by management

The high turnover and low morale are endemic due to the clueless management practices and poor treatment, your business will ultimately fail if you do not address these issues. Hire competent management and remove the ownership from the direct management of staff. Stop blaming your current and former employees for the problems with your business and focus on improving the relations and communication with your employees.

Only work here if absolutely necessary...

I worked at Digital Cheetah

Pros

* Casual atmosphere
    * Other employees enjoyable to work with
    * Great location

Cons

* Far below average pay
    * Employees treated disrespectfully on a consistant basis by management/owners
    * No chance for growth
    * Management/owners do not trust employees
    * Management/owners resentful when employees move on
    * High turnover
    * Project design is non-existant

Until you start treating your employees like the valuable resources they are you are going to continue having a sky-high turnover rate. The lack of trust and poor treatment is very demoralising.

A Company for Entry Level

I worked at Digital Cheetah

Pros

1. Small Company: Total number of employees 20 - 30
    2. All employees know each other and are friendly
    3. Flexible when it comes to vacation approvals
    4. Stress free job

Cons

1. No career growth opportunities AT ALL
    2. Low pay scale and no incentives
    3. Uses proprietary tools that adds no value to your resume
    4. Management never shares any information about the company's growth, about current job openings the company has, about who's leaving the company etc.
    5. Silent farewell - Employees who decide to leave are not treated with respect and no value is shown for the years of service they have put in.
    6. No SDLC model or procedures followed. Hence buggy deliverables.

Management needs to rethink how to run a company and make their employees a higher priority. Happy employees , Happy Clients.

Good place to work

I have been working at Digital Cheetah full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with and friendly atmosphere. Innovative, working with the latest technologies keeps things interesting and lots of opportunity to learn. In working with not-for-profits there is a opportunity to make a difference and help people. Good location, decent pay, and work / life balance.

Cons

Normal challenges of a small company, you have to be proactive or you can fall through the cracks. Sometimes it feels like you can't change things from the bottom, but easily solved you if talk to senior management.

Continue to build career paths and training opportunities.