Digital FCU

Updated May 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

James Regan

Great work environment, laid back and caring.

Loan Origination Agent (Current Employee)
    Marlborough, MA

ProsThe management staff is understanding whenever you run into hard times, there is plenty of room for advancement if you've got the drive and the skills. Flexible scheduling and great benefits.

ConsStarting pay a little lower than some credit unions, some poor communication between departments leads to high call volume and stress for the employees that could be easily avoided.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpeak with the first line staff before you make major changes to avoid the confusion it can cause. Maybe re-evaluate the base pays of your agents or provide more monetary incentives for performance.

Great company to work long term and build a career

Facilities Project Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Marlborough, MA

ProsCompany culture is caring for the well beign of their employyes and their families.
    Great benefits and good compensation.
    Education reimbursement and yearly potential bonus
    Overall is a great company!!

ConsNothing negative that comes to mind.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the good job and make DCU grow even more....Perhaps Florida branches!!!

Much more different than any bank

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proshaving Sundays off was nice, own office space was very nice as well

Consvery limited training and the branch staff were not too accommodating to my work style

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good overall company

(Former Employee)
    Marlborough, MA

ProsDCU offers some great benefits in terms of a gym on-site, free food the last friday of every month, occasional company wide gifts like a DCU fleece, polo, or hat/scarf. Good 401k and decent bonus structure that is based solely on company performance. Work-life balance is pretty good as well atleast in my department there fairly understanding to taking days off whenever you need to but making up the time working at home or extra. (this isn't the case in other depts.) Coworkers are the main reason most people stick around. I work with alot of fun people that make the place fun. I also truly believe that DCU cares about their employees just not in terms of paying them market value. I would probably recommend this company to a friend because of the good perks but I would forewarn them about the low/mediocre pay

ConsLow Pay!!!! - Negotiations for a raise (raises happen in Feb but if you request one other times during the year) only happen if they like you and want to keep you and you get other offers to leave they will offer you (slightly) more.
    Some of the managers and people in other depts. I don't understand how they got their position. Just based on others liking you and seniority not base don skill or knowledge.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove pay across the board

Amazing company who cares for its employees

Marlborough, MA

ProsThe company care more for its employees with work-life balance than any other banking institution I have seen. I have worked for the competition before coming here and I am overly impressed with the small benefits they offer their employees here. The people that have been here a long time don't know the changes that happened for the rest of the financial world and sometimes complain of how DCU changed. As an outsider looking in I feel the positive traits of this company feel unreal. The "Free Food Fridays", the presents, the budgets for community and petty cash. Overall I would rate this company the best company I have ever worked for and I am proud to work here.

ConsThe pay is not as competitive as other financial institutions for tellers and MSRs. The good side is that the raises are very good for the industry. The bonus structure as a company-wide incentive of up to 10% of you salary hinders individual top-performers as it is based on the entire company's performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdd additional incentives for top-performing employees to encourage more sales. Look at improving starting pay for entry-level positions.

Very positive company and there is support among some staff

Member Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Nashua, NH

ProsThere are many small perks as an employee that you get from management. For a credit union it's nice to feel valued in that sense. They are small perks but I've never experienced that from a credit union and I've worked for four different ones. Some examples are free lunches and employee raffles.

ConsDepending on your location- the company has limited positions for growth. If you work in NH its likely you will be stuck in the same position for multiple years because there just isn't enough branches to grow in.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe perks are nice but higher pay at the time of being hired would also be nice.

Best Company I have ever worked for, DCU loves their employees and will treat them like Gold.

Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Benefits
    Fun at Work Activities
    Game Room
    Gym

ConsSalary Compensation
    Scheduling Conflicts
    Room for Career Growth

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease all employee salaries.

OVERWORKED and UNDERPAID!!!

Management Act Like Gods
    Lots of Scolding
    No Encouragement
    Management Will Overwork You

Advice to Senior ManagementStart Realizing the Employees Make the Company - Try and Encourage more Positively.

Awesome Company

Teller (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsGreat incentives! Raffles, contest, and pizza fueled meeting made this company great to work for. Not to mention an awesome company party with gifts for EVERY employee. A truly fun place to work. Great environment. Great benefits.

ConsSlightly below average for teller pay.

Great place!

ProsAwesome benefits
    Success sharing bonus
    Employee outings

ConsNot much growth potential
    Low pay

Worked for Digital FCU? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Digital FCU reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Digital FCU CEO James Regan. All 21 reviews posted anonymously by Digital FCU employees.