Digital FCU Reviews

Great Company, Great Benefits, Lousy Pay

Current Employee - Information Center Specialist  in  Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Information Center Specialist in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Digital FCU full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great benefits (start with 3 weeks vacation), casual dress code (jeans) in the support departments, on the job and cross training available, Free Food Fridays once a month, game rooms, on site gym and fitness classes

Cons

Low salary compared to other credit unions and banks, under staffed departments

Managers need to communicate better with other departments in order to be more efficient

Good company but terrible pay and some of the managers are absolute idiots that don't know how to do their job properly.

I worked at Digital FCU full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people for the most part were great to work with. The benefits are good and they do a lot of activities for the employees, although I'd rather see more money in my paycheck.

Cons

Poor pay. Some managers and "team" leaders don't know what they're doing and it effects you when it comes to your review. How do you know if you're doing something wrong if your idiot supervisor doesn't tell you? You find out when it shows up on your review which directly effects your raise?

Get rid of the morons, and you know who they are, and listen to the people who actually do the work.

Overworked and a place where Management doesn't care!

Current Employee - Collector  in  Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Collector in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Digital FCU full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have great benefits and fun incentives for their employees
    Great company benefits -
    Fun Annual Outing
    Free Food
    Game Room
    Gym

Cons

Low salary compared to other credit unions and banks, under staffed departments.
    Promotions based on management liking you and not based on skill or knowledge.
    Scheduling Conflicts
    Not much growth potential
    Hours are not good for family life and difficult to get time off at times. Bonuses are far few and between. Constant turnover due to low wages.
    Senior management is overpaid, while the employees doing all the work are underpaid.

Improve pay across the board
    Pay your employees more money and forget about the perks
    Listen to your employees

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great work environment, laid back and caring.

Current Employee - Loan Origination Agent  in  Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Loan Origination Agent in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Digital FCU full-time for more than a year

Pros

The management staff is understanding whenever you run into hard times, there is plenty of room for advancement if you've got the drive and the skills. Flexible scheduling and great benefits.

Cons

Starting pay a little lower than some credit unions, some poor communication between departments leads to high call volume and stress for the employees that could be easily avoided.

Speak with the first line staff before you make major changes to avoid the confusion it can cause. Maybe re-evaluate the base pays of your agents or provide more monetary incentives for performance.

Great company to work long term and build a career

Former Employee - Facilities Project Coordinator  in  Marlborough, MA
    Former Employee - Facilities Project Coordinator in Marlborough, MA

I worked at Digital FCU full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Company culture is caring for the well beign of their employyes and their families.
    Great benefits and good compensation.
    Education reimbursement and yearly potential bonus
    Overall is a great company!!

Cons

Nothing negative that comes to mind.

Keep the good job and make DCU grow even more....Perhaps Florida branches!!!

Much more different than any bank

I worked at Digital FCU part-time for less than a year

Pros

having Sundays off was nice, own office space was very nice as well

Cons

very limited training and the branch staff were not too accommodating to my work style

Good overall company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Marlborough, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

I worked at Digital FCU full-time for more than a year

Pros

DCU offers some great benefits in terms of a gym on-site, free food the last friday of every month, occasional company wide gifts like a DCU fleece, polo, or hat/scarf. Good 401k and decent bonus structure that is based solely on company performance. Work-life balance is pretty good as well atleast in my department there fairly understanding to taking days off whenever you need to but making up the time working at home or extra. (this isn't the case in other depts.) Coworkers are the main reason most people stick around. I work with alot of fun people that make the place fun. I also truly believe that DCU cares about their employees just not in terms of paying them market value. I would probably recommend this company to a friend because of the good perks but I would forewarn them about the low/mediocre pay

Cons

Low Pay!!!! - Negotiations for a raise (raises happen in Feb but if you request one other times during the year) only happen if they like you and want to keep you and you get other offers to leave they will offer you (slightly) more.
    Some of the managers and people in other depts. I don't understand how they got their position. Just based on others liking you and seniority not base don skill or knowledge.

Improve pay across the board

Amazing company who cares for its employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Digital FCU full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company care more for its employees with work-life balance than any other banking institution I have seen. I have worked for the competition before coming here and I am overly impressed with the small benefits they offer their employees here. The people that have been here a long time don't know the changes that happened for the rest of the financial world and sometimes complain of how DCU changed. As an outsider looking in I feel the positive traits of this company feel unreal. The "Free Food Fridays", the presents, the budgets for community and petty cash. Overall I would rate this company the best company I have ever worked for and I am proud to work here.

Cons

The pay is not as competitive as other financial institutions for tellers and MSRs. The good side is that the raises are very good for the industry. The bonus structure as a company-wide incentive of up to 10% of you salary hinders individual top-performers as it is based on the entire company's performance.

Add additional incentives for top-performing employees to encourage more sales. Look at improving starting pay for entry-level positions.

Very positive company and there is support among some staff

Current Employee - Member Service Representative  in  Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Digital FCU full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are many small perks as an employee that you get from management. For a credit union it's nice to feel valued in that sense. They are small perks but I've never experienced that from a credit union and I've worked for four different ones. Some examples are free lunches and employee raffles.

Cons

Depending on your location- the company has limited positions for growth. If you work in NH its likely you will be stuck in the same position for multiple years because there just isn't enough branches to grow in.

The perks are nice but higher pay at the time of being hired would also be nice.

Best Company I have ever worked for, DCU loves their employees and will treat them like Gold.

Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist  in  Marlborough, MA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Marlborough, MA

I worked at Digital FCU full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Benefits
    Fun at Work Activities
    Game Room
    Gym

Cons

Salary Compensation
    Scheduling Conflicts
    Room for Career Growth

Increase all employee salaries.

Worked for Digital FCU? Contribute to the Community!