Digital Infuzion

www.digitalinfuzion.com

Digital Infuzion Reviews

Updated Feb 25, 2014
Digital Infuzion – Gaithersburg – “Welcome to the DIFZ Workplace!”

Hemant Virkar

Awesome so far

Recruiter (Current Employee) Gaithersburg, MD

ProsExciting Technologies, Very good Management, Business Growth

ConsNone so far, the experience has been positive

Advice to Senior ManagementNone so far

Growing company with passionate leadership and technically interesting work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Gaithersburg, MD

ProsI have been 100% happy with my decision to come to Digital Infuzion. The company is a combination of fun, dynamic, principled and interesting. There are endless potential career opportunities here, but they are not handed to you. The environment allows you to be as successful as you make/ contribute yourself.

The environment is dynamic with a fast pace of growth and continual change that makes things always interesting. The mission and work is compelling and motivating, focused on making a difference for the health and biomedical research community through technology and data. Both the company and leadership demonstrate this through actions, not just words, including pro bono projects supporting these causes and dedicated charities to support the missions of our health clients.

The level of expertise within the company is phenomenal and provides great resources to tap into and learn from. The culture/ work environment is very collegial, friendly and informal, making it very enjoyable to spend your work time.

ConsDue to the fast pace and growth, there are high expectations and standards set for everyone, which not everyone is cut out to handle. Those that require much handholding will find themselves at a disadvantage to self-starters and those who can effectively manage expecations placed upon them.

Advice to Senior Management(1) Provide more clearly understood career/ growth paths and development plans for junior staff. (2) Share company information like good news more often and timely.

Thriving company that makes a difference in healthcare and provides career growth opportunities for motivated employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Gaithersburg, MD

ProsDigital Infuzion is a company with heart. From the CEO to the management team, to entry-level employees, Digital Infuzion focuses on the importance of caring for the community and being a passionate person. The sense of camaraderie here, and "team" spirit shows in all aspects of being an employee. Coworkers have their own priorities in terms of their project assignments, but are always willing to go out of their way to assist a coworker at any time. I feel really comfortable here and that my work is valued in the company.

The projects being done here are fascinating, and there are so many things going on at all times that things never get boring or monotonous. The interesting mix of work being done makes it so that it is completely possible to move within the company based on your interests and skills growing and changing. I learn so much every day from my coworkers, and this environment that expecting open communication works well with my communication style as an individual.

This is the kind of company that provides endless opportunities to those creative enough and gutsy enough to reach for them. Self-motivated workers thrive in this kind of vibrant and dynamic work environment. Digital Infuzion is not where you will be doing the same work every day, and when you see something that interests you going on, this company wants you to push yourself and work to be a part of it. As a relatively new employee, I feel that this is an excellent place to position myself in because of the constant opportunities to grow and learn professionally.

The most compelling reason to work for Digital Infuzion is the work that they do. This is a company that makes a difference in the public health and biomedical research spaces. Projects go to improve people who are suffering from diseases' lives using data and technology, and the management at Digital Infuzion make sure that this focus on transforming the lives of patients is the focus of each project.

ConsFor workers who are expecting a company where there is a predictable "track" to promotions and titles, Digital Infuzion would not be the best fit. Employees that work best here are those who are "go-getter" types who are not easily discouraged and highly self-sufficient. You must be motivated to enjoy working here, and the fast-moving environment here could be hard for some to do their best in.

I know that my coworkers are uniquely interesting and knowledgable in many areas, but it is hard to get to know people in different departments. I would like the chance to learn more about what other employees' interests and areas of expertise are.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue working on creating spaces for employees to share their stories with each other. Having ways to learn about each others' interests and passions would help encourage collaboration and friendship within the office even more.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Non satisfactory

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe only reason to work in Digital Infuzion is flexible work environment and its in Gaithersburg so no commute issues if you are living near by.

ConsDigital Infuzion company's is a non satisfactory workplace. Management is just concerned about billing and money related issues. Management will talk in air about career growth and development but in reality, there is nothing like that. Its a very small company with benefits that suck. 401 K plan is a profit sharing plan which is discretionary, so its very clear that an employee is hired with a very nice booklet and then they come to know that there is no 401K. They never gave any 401k to the employees. Other benefits also suck -Health Insurance, leave - Very basic benefits and good for nothing. Its a very small company with no career growth and advancement in future.
    A person working on 4 projects is given more importance rather than the quality of the work being done here. The quantity matters here rather than the quality.If you give them junk in 4 projects - Its good for you as you will be recognized as valuable asset as you are working for them on 4 projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementCareer plan and growth is also important for any company to be good. Just billing and making profit should not be the motto of the company. Management shall think about the quality rather than quantity of the work done.

Great Company with outstanding team.

(Current Employee) Gaithersburg, MD

Pros1) Flexible work schedule. Can work from home time to time. Management understands the importance of family and promotes family first approach.
    2) Great team. Very passionate about what they do.
    3) Good culture and really promotes the core values of Creativity, Openness and Growth
    4) If you are a tech geek, this company is for you.
    5) Lots of fun stuff like company picnic, spring outings, team outings
    6) Good benefits package
    7) Conducts lot of charitable initiatives for local and global cause.
    8) Work is very challenging. Very good opportunities to learn latest technologies.

Cons1. Needs improvement in collaboration across various project teams
    2. More Microsoft technology centric, although they are now moving towards other areas.
    3. Need more team building activities

Very oppressive environment.....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Gaithersburg, MD

ProsThe company does care about its employees but to a point.

ConsVery autocratic and not open to new ideas or changes. Everything was questioned despite factual documentation supporting issue. No work/life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you hire someone who has a lot of experience and you tell them that make sure the employee does not have to jump through hoops everyday proving they have the knowledge and know what they are doing.

Good place to work if you don't want to grow.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Gaithersburg, MD

ProsFull benefits, decent pay, fun after-work functions (holiday, seasonal), well-funded organization, stability in stagnancy, flexible time management, casual dress atmosphere, gives out occasional goodies like jackets and gift cards.

ConsNo growth opportunities including career advancement, avoidance of promotions by title and pay increases, obvious separation of senior management versus mid and lower level employees, poor functional management, use your own time for corporate meetings if you are 100% project billable (even if you are a company employee), lack of support from functional managers, treated like a contractor even if you are a company employee, projects are silo-ed and rarely does the company utilize existing resources for new projects, no 401K matching, high co-pays for medical and prescriptions, poor HSA plan, lack of structure for moving people between projects, most employees are too "scared" to ask for promotions because they are afraid they'll lose their H1 status, managers are not concerned with your goals or development and only want you to fill a desired role until you leave on your own. You don't get your leave paid out once you exit the company and you can't use leave once you resign. Some managers are too busy to meet with you even if you request meetings because you are not a priority for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementUtilize your internal resources better and nourish them with opportunities to grow. Think of career development for your employees instead of just using them to fill roles indefinitely. Work with employees for transitions. Avoid having employees use their "own time" for corporate meetings.

Oppressive place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSmart co-workers and full of people who work hard

ConsMy management was very oppressive and it was not a fun to go to work each day. I felt if I made a mistake, my career there would never recover, and it didn't. I tried to stick it out, but when a new opportunity came up, I decided to leave. The change was amazing. Not sure why I waited so long.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe less autocratic and allow your workers to show what they can do.

Non Satisfactory

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible work schedule is the only reason to work with this company.

ConsNo Career Growth, Small company with very less benefits no 401 K plan matching, just billing is the criteria and keeping the client happy -- No promotions or increase in salary.

Worked for Digital Infuzion? Contribute to the Community!