Digital Insight Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
2.9
Digital Insight General Manager Digital Insight / CTO - Financial Services at NCR Corporation Jeff Hughes
Jeff Hughes

1. Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Always evolving, great innovation, smart dedicated team.

Cons

The terrible Los Angeles weather.

After acquisitions, it is just not the same great place it used to be...

Current Employee - Program Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people I work with is about the only place that keeps me here anymore.

Cons

Since the acquisition by NCR, the spirit of DI has been killed. Our office in Norcross recently relocated to the Duluth headquarters and it has just made it w4orse. We were told they wanted us to share our culture and work life approach but they have honestly squeezed all the fun out of work. Leadership and change management practices are some of the worst I have experienced in my 25+ years in the workplace. I could not in good conscience recommend this place to anyone for work unless you just needed a pay check.

Advice to Management

Well I would say you can turn it around if you showed any compassion for your employees but I know that would just fall on deaf ears. Time and time again they demonstrate little care for their employees. I have always said the company is only a reflection of the leadership so in this case if I stay true to that, leadership here is not good at all.

Used to be a great place to work

Current Employee -
    Current Employee -

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time

Pros

A solid product suite, a good history in the industry, good people to work with and a flexible telecommute policy

Cons

NCR is old and stuck in the past. DI was a nimble, innovative company but is getting sucked down into the NCR quicksand.

Advice to Management

To attract innovative new talent and keep existing talent from leaving, you really need to let DI keep its own identity.

Favoritism & politics reign

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Digital Insight full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours and location; worked from home at least one day a week. Decent pay. Casual dress code. Cold breakfast on Fridays.

Cons

- Office politics. - Blatant favoritism by managers. - If you weren't a favorite, no recognition for extra effort or for going above and beyond. If you were a favorite, your praises were sung to the heavens. - Support documentation lacking; tribal knowledge is currency. - No opportunity for advancement on the team I was on; the only way up was out of the department. Other teams in the department didn't have this problem. - Product development teams are insular & don't work with other departments, so that products are not always integrated well or easily supported.

Advice to Management

- Promote based on criteria other than saving money on overtime. - Give your long-term employees some credit for knowing how to do their work; treat them like assets, not liabilities. - When employees ask to meet with you about concerns, don't just hide & hope they'll go away. Take them seriously.

6. Great Place to Work

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time

Pros

Great people to work with who care about you.

Cons

Lots of turnover and change with changing of company over the years.

There is more bad than good here.

Former Employee - Support Engineer in Westlake Village, CA
    Former Employee - Support Engineer in Westlake Village, CA

I worked at Digital Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fringe benefits; casual dress code, able to work remotely one day a week and plenty of OT if you want it.

Cons

The management, the micro-managing they constantly engage in, the skillful way they twist facts to fit their agenda, the high turnover rate and the team priorities that shifted daily.

Advice to Management

Treat your professionals like adults. In return, they will behave like adults and may even stay with the company.

8. Senior Director

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time

Pros

Brings a lot of the Intuit leadership concepts and focus on employee engagement, customers, and innovation. Now that the company is free of Intuit, people can get back to focusing on delivering great products. Significant improvements have been made to product reliability over the last year.

Cons

Competition is fierce for talent. Retention and recruitment are hard for everyone right now, and DI faces this challenge during a significant growth period.

9. Fast paced, opportunity abounds

Current Employee - Marketing in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My four years at Digital Insight has been filled with opportunity and experience. Leadership has been supportive of me I've been able to grow by skills and experience. I learn something every day. Although we have experienced significant change in 2 years, with each change has come growth and learning and I do believe we are stronger as a company and I know I am stronger as a professional because of it. As part of NCR, I believe greater things will come our way -- the opportunity to gain Global experience, growth within the company are great. If you work hard, are solutions minded and are looking for opportunities to demonstrate how you can help Digital Insight grow and achieve our objectives, you can and will thrive and will be recognized and rewarded. The leadership team cares very much about DI employees and have worked and continue to work hard (often behind the scenes) to drive the best possible employee experience. Additionally, the work is challenging and we have aggressive goals. If you are looking for challenge and opportunity DI is for you.

Cons

The change of the past two years has been tough. However, we are beyond the challenges of change and are more focused than ever. We are still figuring out what it means to be a part of NCR which can be challenging but also exciting.

Advice to Management

Help us continue to focus on the priorities that will make the greatest impact and keep us on track for achieving the business results we have committed to. It's easy to have another special project or initiative come up that is distracting or dilutes our resources on other work.

Under transition to NCR

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time

Pros

Good Leadership team that's still from Intuit remaining in Engineering team.

Cons

Equity (RSU, bonus % payout) reduction and benefits changing and not as good as Intuit days.

Advice to Management

Top talent and employee attrition rate depends on what you're willing to pay out.

Absolutely No Professionalism or Integrity

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time

Pros

If you are a professional with any talent, integrity, and character, there are no pros to working for this company. There is no upward mobility and absolutely nothing about the work is challenging. It's not for the innovative or creative. If you like working in a completely unsupportive environment and enjoy doing the same thing over and over again, then this could be the place for you.

Cons

The company and the products that it provides to smaller credit unions and banking institutions can in no way compete with other digital products in the same space. There is a lack of overall industry experience and knowledge within leadership positions and throughout the organization. Some (not all) of the employees lack a college a degree and have questionable work histories to hold the positions they are in. The salaries are also well below what other companies pay in the area for the same type of work.

Advice to Management

Integrity starts from the top down. This company is diseased with unprofessionalism and an overall lack of integrity. You may be able to hold your head above water with the recent NCR acquisition, however, you will never be able to attract and keep talented, driven, and professional employees with your current way of doing business.

RSS Feed </> Embed