Digital Insight

Digital Insight Reviews

Updated December 14, 2014
Updated December 14, 2014

Jeff Hughes

Good place to work. Love my job!

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people by far are one of the best things about this place. Even through 2 acquisitions in less than 24 months, there are still a lot of great people!

Cons

As prior comments were made, getting information, assistance and support from Technical Support or Product is a challenge. It is getting better but still a long ways to go.

Start hiring Tech Support resources for East coast offices. When hiring resources put a premium on having Financial Institution industry domain knowledge. We lose credibility often when it is clear that we have resources that don't understand our customer's business.

Nice Company to work for.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Norcross, GA

I worked at Digital Insight full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The best thing about working for Digital Insight is the people. My peers were smart, hardworking and talented. The environment is very laid back. The benefits are comparable to other companies in the industry, which is a good thing. They also let you work remotely, which is a huge plus.

Cons

One of my main challenges was getting technical or product assistance when needed. The departments don't exactly work well together. While it's a challenge it can be done.

Future unknown

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Smart and friendly staff. Flexible environment. Good compensation. Desire to "do right" by employee. Did its best to maintain "great place to work" type status after company was sold three times in one year.

Cons

Lots of uncertainty and unknowns since acquisition by NCR around benefits, jobs, etc. Need better career paths for employees.

Stay true to your Silicon Valley roots to retain staff and recruit new staff.

Chaos and temps

I worked at Digital Insight as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Free (and good) breakfast every Friday morning, good pay.

Cons

Most employees there are temps/contract workers. DI cycles thru temps to avoid having to hire techs as permanent in order to save money, apparently. To make matters worse, the transition from Intuit to NCR has created utter chaos for an already weak, over-tasked, and undermanned IT department, and as a result most users have hard time dealing with what should normally be simple - like changing passwords and checking email. Few techs/engineers know what they're doing, far too many lack proficiency. The help desk itself is split between different geographical locations (including India) and managed by an idiot. Way too much overtime may be required at times, and depending on role one may be dealing with way too many different products to be good at them all.

The games you play as far as hiring temps and letting them go after a few months are apparent as you try to pinch pennies and avoid hiring permanent personnel. Many of you lack understanding of proper computer use, yet manage teams of technicians and engineers who must create or support software and administer systems/servers. Not enough is done to hire and retain talented workers, and as a result you have far too many incompetent ones working there (remember the phone password update fiasco?).

Not A Great Place To Work

Former Employee - Data Center Technician in Westlake Village, CA
    Former Employee - Data Center Technician in Westlake Village, CA

I worked at Digital Insight as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Located in a very beautiful area and members of other departments were very nice.

Cons

Very low level management and below average compensation. Company culture towards Data Center Technicians is horrible. Job value is next to zero within company structure. Management says one thing but does another. Management is not up front and honest in reference to job performance. Initial culture was great but declined on a continuous stream. Other team members seem content with low pay and no chance of advancement.

Establish relationship with your team and pay team members their market worth!!!!

Toxic work environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Digital Insight full-time

Pros

Beautiful new office space in Redwood City. A few genuinely nice people, if you can manage to identify them. Free food on Wednesdays.

Cons

Toxic work environment. Experienced, hardworking employees cannot survive and move up here. Important people are leaving every other week. You need to play the office politics game. No accountability for responsible parties when things go south. Groups don't talk to each other. There's a lot of tribal knowledge, and good luck getting answers when you need them. Management plays favorites. People will backstab you, and it's difficult to know who will do it until it's too late. Reporting these incidents to your management chain or to HR will not help you. Management only cares about getting out of Intuit, and handling personnel issues is nowhere on their radar. Bullying happens at all levels. The standard response to, "I need to talk to someone for answers," is to immediately escalate to Program Management. Shouldn't you try to talk and reason with people before you call in the big guns? Answer e-mails immediately to avoid uncomfortable visits from powerful people. When the workload gets crazy, you can forget about work/life balance.

Start caring about the employees. They are, after all, doing the work. Actually listen and act on personnel issues. Miserable people don't put forth their best product. People generally don't respond positively to bullying.

A sinking ship right now due to two company sales in 4 months

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work life balance, great pay, super nice people, very nice office and campus

Cons

No equity/stock, still connected to Intuit and trying to integrate with NCR. Leadership is nowhere to be found or just don't care. The focus seems to be on only operations (getting out of Intuit) and not much product development going on. Would be nice to see a product roadmap that makes sense and have strong leaders in place.

Please provide manager training and get leaders who care in place. Take a good look at your managers, directors, and VPs and make sure they are well liked and effective. And please give them more support and training.

Great employees are leaving, you should make steps to prevent any more from doing so.

Could be a great company

I worked at Digital Insight full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are slightly above average, pay is decent

Cons

Suffered some setbacks with their technology and lost their lead against competition; Can get it back but need to focus on who the customer is - it's not the end user but the banks and credit unions they sell to. Will be interesting to see how they will be assimilated into NCR who bought them in late 2013.

Let this unit run as autonomously as possible.

Overall, I love my job--Great people to work with, positive atmosphere

Current Employee - Service and Support in Westlake Village, CA
    Current Employee - Service and Support in Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have loved working for this company. For those who wish to excel, there are opportunities and support from management, if you know who to ask.

When I started here, training was difficult and it took about 6 months to be fully up-to-speed, but now it has been streamlined, so the expected time frame to be fully functional is about 2 months.

Under Inuit, we had a great company vibe of "bring your whole self to work", which is so encouraging, and after NCR's acquisition, we continue to have monthly socials, and a competitive benefits package. The upper management is really great and gives credit where credit is due.

I have found that it is easy to excel here, if you have the drive.

Dress is casual, which I appreciate because I prefer to be rated by the quality of my work, and can feel comfortable for what can sometimes be long workdays.

The team is cooperative with management, and management listens to the pain points of their team members, with everyone participating in a Voice of Employee program each year.

Management has an open-door policy, and is there to vent to about work-related issues (and in the worst of circumstances, is understanding to personal stresses).

Cons

The quality and amount of things you can accomplish here can sometimes depend on the manager you get assigned to. Some are go-getters and really help out with everything you could ask for, coaching you when needed, and are there for you when you are ready to move up. However, other managers are not as efficient and are more laid back. On the one hand, this seems to work for some employees that have the same mind frame, but personally, I have a high performance mindset, and have trouble getting things done. I have found that I have to go to another team's manager most of the time if something is important.

It is sometimes hard to pin down answers to product questions you may have, as they tend to not always be consistent from specialists, but the company is ever-focused on innovation, growth, and overall improvement. I have watched as each center goal that has been proposed has been accomplished.

It is difficult to get time off without requesting it at least a few months in advance--some people request off up to a year in advance, otherwise it may be hard to get your birthday off!

Keep doing what you're doing. One at a time, I am seeing each metric improve. Great job!

DI Exodus to NCR - Kinda Bumpy!

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time

Pros

Love the Google work environment feel. Friendly staff, great office locations with perks (Gym, Free Coffee, tea and lots of free meals most weeks). Long timers really know their stuff.

Cons

Need 360 reviews, lack of clear management and structure. Lots of wonderful people working as hard as they can just to keep the car on the track. Lack of documented process and not enough clear, positive communications across the board. No true New Hire Onboarding program.

Show up and interact with the employees. Start 360 reviews for all. Host more all Hand meetings at the various locations and provide REAL answers and vision with the employees in the trenches. You must demonstrate that you truly care about the employees that have opted to stay with the company.

Digital Insight Photos