Digital Insight Reviews

Jeff Hughes

1. Fast paced, opportunity abounds

Current Employee - Marketing in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My four years at Digital Insight has been filled with opportunity and experience. Leadership has been supportive of me I've been able to grow by skills and experience. I learn something every day.

Although we have experienced significant change in 2 years, with each change has come growth and learning and I do believe we are stronger as a company and I know I am stronger as a professional because of it.

As part of NCR, I believe greater things will come our way -- the opportunity to gain Global experience, growth within the company are great. If you work hard, are solutions minded and are looking for opportunities to demonstrate how you can help Digital Insight grow and achieve our objectives, you can and will thrive and will be recognized and rewarded.

The leadership team cares very much about DI employees and have worked and continue to work hard (often behind the scenes) to drive the best possible employee experience.

Additionally, the work is challenging and we have aggressive goals. If you are looking for challenge and opportunity DI is for you.

Cons

The change of the past two years has been tough. However, we are beyond the challenges of change and are more focused than ever. We are still figuring out what it means to be a part of NCR which can be challenging but also exciting.

Advice to Management

Help us continue to focus on the priorities that will make the greatest impact and keep us on track for achieving the business results we have committed to. It's easy to have another special project or initiative come up that is distracting or dilutes our resources on other work.

2. Under transition to NCR

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time

Pros

Good Leadership team that's still from Intuit remaining in Engineering team.

Cons

Equity (RSU, bonus % payout) reduction and benefits changing and not as good as Intuit days.

Advice to Management

Top talent and employee attrition rate depends on what you're willing to pay out.

3. Great, Collaborative Environment

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Redwood City, CA
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Digital Insight as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Managers are supportive and really guide and coach to make you better at your job.
    Teams work well collaboratively and you get the opportunity to work with a broad scope of teams.
    They really make an effort to engage employees and offer fun things to do during the week. Providing lunches, throwing parties, and a game room give opportunities to relax from a busy day.

Cons

Not much to say here. My experience has been overall positive. There is a bit of angst among employees regarding coming changes that are, as yet, unknown.

5. Was a great place to work until my boss lied to fire me

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Digital Insight as a contractor

Pros

Good work environment, great team members, loved learning new things.

Cons

Management: No idea what is wrong with them. They lied and said I made a 2-hr phone call during office hours (easily unprovable), but I was fired anyway. Obviously, they know nothing about human resources because I showed up on Monday with my things in a box. SURPRISE! To make matters worse, they knew my husband had just had a stroke and still did that to me. I tried to get along with my boss, but she wasn't having any of that. They are cruel--especially to someone with bills to pay. they need to keep their ball-throwing kids in Web Development and let the grown-up actually work.

Advice to Management

"Big Boss": how about knowing what you are talking about before firing someone for something they didn't do
    My Boss: how about answering a question with an answer as opposed to "Heavy-sigh" + "Eye-roll". Apparently you know nothing about Human Resources. You can't lie and then try to deny someone unemployment...

6. Absolutely No Professionalism or Integrity

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time

Pros

If you are a professional with any talent, integrity, and character, there are no pros to working for this company. There is no upward mobility and absolutely nothing about the work is challenging. It's not for the innovative or creative. If you like working in a completely unsupportive environment and enjoy doing the same thing over and over again, then this could be the place for you.

Cons

The company and the products that it provides to smaller credit unions and banking institutions can in no way compete with other digital products in the same space. There is a lack of overall industry experience and knowledge within leadership positions and throughout the organization. Some (not all) of the employees lack a college a degree and have questionable work histories to hold the positions they are in. The salaries are also well below what other companies pay in the area for the same type of work.

Advice to Management

Integrity starts from the top down. This company is diseased with unprofessionalism and an overall lack of integrity. You may be able to hold your head above water with the recent NCR acquisition, however, you will never be able to attract and keep talented, driven, and professional employees with your current way of doing business.

7. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Experience Design in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Experience Design in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Awesome people to work with
    - Allows for a good work-life balance which is very important.
    - No crazy work hours like startups or other places I have worked with
    - Lot of domain expertise for you to learn new things quickly
    - Opportunities to work in different product areas
    - Startup like environment but yet has benefits of a big company so you get best of both worlds.
    - Cool location with great amenities

Cons

- With NCR taking over, compensation has been affected. Would love to have seen the same #'s like before.
    - Some of the on-boarding processes are tedious or absent. Needs to have proper processes in place. Esp at team levels.

8. Good Company To work for given it has gone through several owners in the past few year.

Current Employee - Business Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Business Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Company to work for.
    Great people for the most part.
    Growth potential is there.

Cons

A few old timers really need to go and take their out of date thinking style with them.
    NCR, let go some of the brains behind the operations due to the some of the old timer's recommendation. That is why some of the old timers NEED to go.
    Nasty internal politics.
    Unfair salary across the board.

Advice to Management

Don't get rid of the people who've been there for several years and know everything about everything simply because at some point you disagreed with their point of view on something non related. Don't abuse your power and push people out just because you can. Off course these comments are directed to some of the old time Digital Insight Managers who have been there for over 7 years.

Depends on your manager, Digital Insight can be either very cruel or decent

Former Employee - Senior Business Data Analyst in Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Business Data Analyst in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Digital Insight full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some nice people but they getting harder to find as constant layoffs create a tense environment
    Linux and Java Environment
    Fancy Redwood city office
    Free bagels at the Redwood city office.

Cons

The good people are flying out the door
    For the last 10 years we have had layoff's just about every quarter to keep people
    on their toes and to report lower costs. Hard working people get the ax constantly.
    Nepotism in the India office
    As other people mentioned the politics put some bad people in power who make bad decisions

Advice to Management

The banking community needs you
    Listen to the nice people for a change
    Reward success not not politics
    Restore trust, that is single most important thing that needs to be done.

Good place to work. Love my job!

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people by far are one of the best things about this place. Even through 2 acquisitions in less than 24 months, there are still a lot of great people!

Cons

As prior comments were made, getting information, assistance and support from Technical Support or Product is a challenge. It is getting better but still a long ways to go.

Advice to Management

Start hiring Tech Support resources for East coast offices. When hiring resources put a premium on having Financial Institution industry domain knowledge. We lose credibility often when it is clear that we have resources that don't understand our customer's business.

Future unknown

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart and friendly staff. Flexible environment. Good compensation. Desire to "do right" by employee. Did its best to maintain "great place to work" type status after company was sold three times in one year.

Cons

Lots of uncertainty and unknowns since acquisition by NCR around benefits, jobs, etc. Need better career paths for employees.

Advice to Management

Stay true to your Silicon Valley roots to retain staff and recruit new staff.

Digital Insight Photos