Digital Insight

Updated October 20, 2014
Updated October 20, 2014
3.1

Jeff Hughes

Nice Company to work for.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Norcross, GA

I worked at Digital Insight full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The best thing about working for Digital Insight is the people. My peers were smart, hardworking and talented. The environment is very laid back. The benefits are comparable to other companies in the industry, which is a good thing. They also let you work remotely, which is a huge plus.

Cons

One of my main challenges was getting technical or product assistance when needed. The departments don't exactly work well together. While it's a challenge it can be done.

A sinking ship right now due to two company sales in 4 months

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work life balance, great pay, super nice people, very nice office and campus

Cons

No equity/stock, still connected to Intuit and trying to integrate with NCR. Leadership is nowhere to be found or just don't care. The focus seems to be on only operations (getting out of Intuit) and not much product development going on. Would be nice to see a product roadmap that makes sense and have strong leaders in place.

Please provide manager training and get leaders who care in place. Take a good look at your managers, directors, and VPs and make sure they are well liked and effective. And please give them more support and training.

Great employees are leaving, you should make steps to prevent any more from doing so.

Could be a great company

I worked at Digital Insight full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are slightly above average, pay is decent

Cons

Suffered some setbacks with their technology and lost their lead against competition; Can get it back but need to focus on who the customer is - it's not the end user but the banks and credit unions they sell to. Will be interesting to see how they will be assimilated into NCR who bought them in late 2013.

Let this unit run as autonomously as possible.

Overall, I love my job--Great people to work with, positive atmosphere

Current Employee - Service and Support in Westlake Village, CA
    Current Employee - Service and Support in Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have loved working for this company. For those who wish to excel, there are opportunities and support from management, if you know who to ask.

When I started here, training was difficult and it took about 6 months to be fully up-to-speed, but now it has been streamlined, so the expected time frame to be fully functional is about 2 months.

Under Inuit, we had a great company vibe of "bring your whole self to work", which is so encouraging, and after NCR's acquisition, we continue to have monthly socials, and a competitive benefits package. The upper management is really great and gives credit where credit is due.

I have found that it is easy to excel here, if you have the drive.

Dress is casual, which I appreciate because I prefer to be rated by the quality of my work, and can feel comfortable for what can sometimes be long workdays.

The team is cooperative with management, and management listens to the pain points of their team members, with everyone participating in a Voice of Employee program each year.

Management has an open-door policy, and is there to vent to about work-related issues (and in the worst of circumstances, is understanding to personal stresses).

Cons

The quality and amount of things you can accomplish here can sometimes depend on the manager you get assigned to. Some are go-getters and really help out with everything you could ask for, coaching you when needed, and are there for you when you are ready to move up. However, other managers are not as efficient and are more laid back. On the one hand, this seems to work for some employees that have the same mind frame, but personally, I have a high performance mindset, and have trouble getting things done. I have found that I have to go to another team's manager most of the time if something is important.

It is sometimes hard to pin down answers to product questions you may have, as they tend to not always be consistent from specialists, but the company is ever-focused on innovation, growth, and overall improvement. I have watched as each center goal that has been proposed has been accomplished.

It is difficult to get time off without requesting it at least a few months in advance--some people request off up to a year in advance, otherwise it may be hard to get your birthday off!

Keep doing what you're doing. One at a time, I am seeing each metric improve. Great job!

Missing the Intuit days.

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People that have been with the company for a long time are solid employees.

Cons

Pay cut of 20% after Intuit. One-year no-hire agreement between DI and Intuit. No more employee recognition program. Private equity company axed all the good talent and those who remain (who are worth their salt) are leaving in droves. Then NCR paid a $600m premium for a hacked up company (LOL!). Benefits are changing to "employee driven" healthcare plans. Redwood City gets a new multi-million dollar facility fit for the Sultan of Brunei. Georgia and Westlake offices are slums in comparison. Employees are treated differently from one location to the next. We are grasping at straws for the next big innovation (location-based auto loan spam that we demoed at FinTech isn't exactly cutting edge stuff). Bonus structure changed several times and have metrics to meet that do not have anything to do with my job function.

Better act fast before the August exodus to Intuit. Show us the money!

DI Exodus to NCR - Kinda Bumpy!

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time

Pros

Love the Google work environment feel. Friendly staff, great office locations with perks (Gym, Free Coffee, tea and lots of free meals most weeks). Long timers really know their stuff.

Cons

Need 360 reviews, lack of clear management and structure. Lots of wonderful people working as hard as they can just to keep the car on the track. Lack of documented process and not enough clear, positive communications across the board. No true New Hire Onboarding program.

Show up and interact with the employees. Start 360 reviews for all. Host more all Hand meetings at the various locations and provide REAL answers and vision with the employees in the trenches. You must demonstrate that you truly care about the employees that have opted to stay with the company.

Takes some getting used to but it has great work/life balance for those who prove themselves and have a good manager.

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My department is very good at caring for its' employees and hiring good people and getting out of their way so they can do their job. There is a good amount of opportunity to work from home as long as you've proven yourself and stay on track with your clients. Happy Clients = Happy Employee Arrangement

Cons

We are in a challenging growth period having been purchased twice now within a year. It will take some time to settle out after all the the changes but it's looking promising so far.
    Financial Clients are demanding, this is the nature of the game coupled with software development cycle challenges, you will never be bored or stuck for too long.
    Work is cyclical, you'll have a stretch of low work requirement followed by a crazy period. It's all about optimizing process and finding balance.

New NCR parent: continue to deliver on your promises and make us a better company in the process. Your investment in our infrastructure will enable us to better serve our clients.

It's not what you know, it's whom you know.

Former Employee - Service and Support
    Former Employee - Service and Support

I worked at Digital Insight full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Laid back atmospherre at first.

Cons

Minimal training provided. Change was good but they kept on overdoing it.

Stop playing favorites.

Great Career For Serious Professional

Current Employee - Service and Support in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Service and Support in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Digital Insight as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Best job I have ever had. Helpful coworkers, friendly managers, and work/life balance.

This job can be challenging, but you can always find help. There are always people telling jokes and laughing which makes the bad days lighter. Managers are super approachable. They are also pretty flexible with any scheduling conflicts you might have. You can pretty much work as much or as little as you want (within reason). There is plenty of room to move up if you have the drive, or you can cozy up in the customer service role indefinitely.

Cons

The work is stressful and challenging. You have to be able to multi task and troubleshoot while pleasing the client. Also, you are hired as a contractor first which means a year of unpaid holidays and no benefits. However, it's the price you pay to be called a DI employee.

With the recent shifts made in ownership, don't forget about the perks. We are the voices of your company so it's important to show appreciation for the hard work we do.

Its a small well managed firm.

Current Employee - Product Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Digital Insight full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome work life balance, great team to work with. Very good senior management and great mentorship. Grt perks

Cons

They are very selective as an employer. Many rounds and interviews before they hire some one. Midsize firm.

Digital Insight Photos