Digital Insurance

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Adam Bruckman

Dynamic company with little job security

Advisor (Former Employee)

ProsFeels like a family working environment. Company likes to promote quickly if you are part of the 'in' crowd. Senior management is visionary.

ConsNo job security. As the company changes gears some gears get broken i.e. digital decides on a new strategy and people quickly lose their jobs. Also the family feel leads to a high school type of environment so if you are not part of the 'in' crowd then you won't be on the fast track.

Advice to Senior Managementdo a better job of carefully planning strategic business changes so less people lose jobs. When people lose jobs the ones that are left don't feel as loyal to the company and these job cuts don't help to create a 'family ' feel.

Good people, no career paths for employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe company has overall good people and a laid back work environment. The company events were fun in the early days before they grew too big and started to overlook those things. The company culture and values were also good. The compensation was competitive.

ConsThere was no career paths for those desiring professional growth and as the company grew there was a very apparent shift in priorities from employee-centric to revenue-centric. There was also no employee offering of company shares. The company took care of it's executives but overlooked the in-the-trench everyday employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to leadership would be to work hard at rewarding those employees willing to put in the extra effort by offering opportunities for professional growth and advancement. That can negatively impact morale and when you lose that, you lose the most important thing a company has, it's employees.

Many years of exciting growth, innovative strategies and support

Director (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsMany years ago Digital acquired the company I was employed with. For an employee, acquisitions can be unsettling but within the first few months I knew that my new company was going to be a successful and a stable environment for me.
    Because of its management and talented leadership this company has grown and flourished, staying ahead of industry changes while always keeping significant focus on the wellbeing of their employees. I have personally experienced their support on a few occasions and am truly grateful.
    While we work hard, there are rewards; an opportunity to grow with the company, support of family life, the people, and being part of an innovative, collaborative atmosphere. You learn and strengthen your own capabilities.

ConsI really do not see any.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. I like the open door policy. Also, continue the town halls and other communications. It keeps us engaged!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Some good, some not-so-good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTraining program, opportunities to learn more in the field, professional environment.

ConsCommunication between satellite offices and home office could be better. Probably a consequence of such a high percentage of growth in acquiring new offices within a short time. There is a clique of home office employees and if you're not in Atlanta, you are made to feel like an outsider.

Advice to Senior ManagementIntroduce more programs that include geographical areas besides Atlanta. Need more organization in onboarding of new offices.

administrative assistant

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat place if you are enrolled in school entry level

Consyou will never be promoted at this job so don't have high hope

Advice to Senior Managementhire some full time temps

Attracted by the people, culture and potential

Director (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe people are caring, kind, collaborative and the culture is innovative, fun and inspiring. I have worked in some of the world's largest brands- Dell, Inc., Delta Air Lines, America Online, VeriSign and Coca-Cola, so coming here was a huge leap of faith and one I am glad I made.
    Adam Bruckman, CEO came to greet me on my first day of work and regularly stops by to say hello to our team. He is a CEO who deeply cares about people and about maintaining and growing the special culture that has helped this company grow 50% year over year.

ConsCan't think of one. I am empowered, encouraged and enjoy coming to work. There are no politics to contend with, just meaningful work with good people in a growing company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focusing on the customer and caring about the employees. You are a rare breed in a often indifferent Corporate America.

horrible work place

Commissions Coordinator (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosbreakfast on fridays, and free coffee

Conspeople are not friendly.. they gossip alot and pay is low

So much potential, but very disappointing.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are the best thing about it.
    Flexibility with work/life balance.

ConsSalaries are low across all departments.
    Management filled with "yes" people.
    Employees feel undervalued and turnover is high.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide clear direction.
    Treat your employees as if they are valuable.

dissapointing place to expect a career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosit was a family atmosphere at one point, then greed took over

Consmanagement is blinded by yes people that don't know their jobs, but rely on others to get by

Advice to Senior Managementget rid of dead meat in senior and management positions

CAC

CAC (Former Employee) North Atlanta, GA

ProsThere was nothing positive about this job.

ConsOver worked and they kept adding more and more duties.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to be up front with employee and consider the work load being put on each person.

Worked for Digital Insurance? Contribute to the Community!