Digital Insurance

Updated February 21, 2015
Updated February 21, 2015
2.7

Adam Bruckman

Great people overall, benefits are pretty good, and as a certain level of salaried employee- they offer unlimited PTO.

I have been working at Digital Insurance

Pros

Casual, laid-back atmosphere with room to grow. Mid-sized company with a small business feel to the culture

Cons

Somewhat disorganized at times and could stand to benefit from heeding advice from within the ranks

Good company but little advancement

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Digital Insurance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Management provided little support and feedback.

Cons

There were promises for advancement but little to support the promises.

Could be a much better place with a little work.

I have been working at Digital Insurance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Job flexibility and rich benefits package.

Cons

The salary wasn't competitive with little to no room for growth.

Work on making employees feel valued and appreciated. Every day I heard how people felt that no one understood or cared how much of themselves they were putting into their jobs. Create career paths and open up promotion type jobs to people within the company.

Do not work here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Digital Insurance full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits are good but you cant afford to take full advantage of them with the money you make

Cons

management is a joke. they are all under qualified for their positions across the board in every department, disorganized, the entire place lacks professionalism, there is no accountability. Its just a hot mess. Very negative work place full of gossip. Feels like high school all over again only worse. there is no training program at all.

Get training, take your jobs seriously and stop playing around

Dynamic company with little job security

Former Employee - Advisor
    Former Employee - Advisor

I worked at Digital Insurance full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Feels like a family working environment. Company likes to promote quickly if you are part of the 'in' crowd. Senior management is visionary.

Cons

No job security. As the company changes gears some gears get broken i.e. digital decides on a new strategy and people quickly lose their jobs. Also the family feel leads to a high school type of environment so if you are not part of the 'in' crowd then you won't be on the fast track.

do a better job of carefully planning strategic business changes so less people lose jobs. When people lose jobs the ones that are left don't feel as loyal to the company and these job cuts don't help to create a 'family ' feel.

Good people, no career paths for employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Digital Insurance full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company has overall good people and a laid back work environment. The company events were fun in the early days before they grew too big and started to overlook those things. The company culture and values were also good. The compensation was competitive.

Cons

There was no career paths for those desiring professional growth and as the company grew there was a very apparent shift in priorities from employee-centric to revenue-centric. There was also no employee offering of company shares. The company took care of it's executives but overlooked the in-the-trench everyday employees.

My advice to leadership would be to work hard at rewarding those employees willing to put in the extra effort by offering opportunities for professional growth and advancement. That can negatively impact morale and when you lose that, you lose the most important thing a company has, it's employees.

Many years of exciting growth, innovative strategies and support

Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Digital Insurance full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Many years ago Digital acquired the company I was employed with. For an employee, acquisitions can be unsettling but within the first few months I knew that my new company was going to be a successful and a stable environment for me.
    Because of its management and talented leadership this company has grown and flourished, staying ahead of industry changes while always keeping significant focus on the wellbeing of their employees. I have personally experienced their support on a few occasions and am truly grateful.
    While we work hard, there are rewards; an opportunity to grow with the company, support of family life, the people, and being part of an innovative, collaborative atmosphere. You learn and strengthen your own capabilities.

Cons

I really do not see any.

Keep up the good work. I like the open door policy. Also, continue the town halls and other communications. It keeps us engaged!

Some good, some not-so-good

I worked at Digital Insurance full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Training program, opportunities to learn more in the field, professional environment.

Cons

Communication between satellite offices and home office could be better. Probably a consequence of such a high percentage of growth in acquiring new offices within a short time. There is a clique of home office employees and if you're not in Atlanta, you are made to feel like an outsider.

Introduce more programs that include geographical areas besides Atlanta. Need more organization in onboarding of new offices.

administrative assistant

I worked at Digital Insurance

Pros

great place if you are enrolled in school entry level

Cons

you will never be promoted at this job so don't have high hope

hire some full time temps

Attracted by the people, culture and potential

Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Digital Insurance full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people are caring, kind, collaborative and the culture is innovative, fun and inspiring. I have worked in some of the world's largest brands- Dell, Inc., Delta Air Lines, America Online, VeriSign and Coca-Cola, so coming here was a huge leap of faith and one I am glad I made.
    Adam Bruckman, CEO came to greet me on my first day of work and regularly stops by to say hello to our team. He is a CEO who deeply cares about people and about maintaining and growing the special culture that has helped this company grow 50% year over year.

Cons

Can't think of one. I am empowered, encouraged and enjoy coming to work. There are no politics to contend with, just meaningful work with good people in a growing company.

Keep focusing on the customer and caring about the employees. You are a rare breed in a often indifferent Corporate America.