Digital Juice

Updated Apr 26, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

David Hebel

Great fun - great experience - would do it again in a heartbeat!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsCreative outlet - always changing - never the same 2 days in a row

ConsInconsistency of messages - some hap-hazard decision making

Advice to Senior ManagementPlan.

You will get yelled at, you will be fired

Producer (Former Employee) Lake Mary, FL

ProsFun creative digital production, great coworkers.

ConsAre you already one of two or three employees of the company who have worked there for more than 5 years? No? Then I'll make a prediction: You're gonna get fired within the next two years. And if you are one of the few lifers, I'll make another prediction: Hebel & Beason will humiliate you to the point of tears at least once in that time. Still interested in that creative professional position? During your interview, ask to speak with someone who does creative work who has been with the company more than one year, but less than five. Your request will be denied, because there aren't any. They've all been fired. All of them, over the entire history of the company, in semi-regular purges.

Advice to Senior ManagementHaha haha! Management? What management?

You don't want to work here.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Lake Mary, FL

ProsI enjoyed getting to be around other creative people and collaborate on them to a certain degree on different projects.

ConsThe work environment here is extremely hostile. You could be working normally and the president would come in to work and instantly the whole company was on edge, regardless of how productive and on task everyone was. The president of the company would complain about how productivity was down and the company was hurting, yet he had several employees working at his house planting bushes and doing remodeling during work hours. He also tied up the lead designer for months working on building custom rims for his lamborghini kit car. All the while complaining about productivity and dwindling company profits.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire someone who knows how to interface with people.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Was a good place to work 2 years before but horrible now

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWas a great place to work, had many experienced animators, opportunity to work with them.

ConsYou will loose your skills in which you are specialized
    If you catch the boss attention you will be cornered and pushed to something unproductive work making the boss feel that you are worthless for the company.
    The present project manager doesnt know a thing about animation or anything regarding it, yet she pretends as if she knows everything and try to overcome every other person. TL are very good in politics.

Worst Career Move Ever

Management (Former Employee) Lake Mary, FL

ProsThe company hires great people and funds some very interesting and fun projects.

ConsThe company then fires all of those great people and defunds mature projects or even completed ones. There are many Cons with the biggest being that President Viv Beason has emotional swings that make godzilla look stable and CEO David Hebel has a paranoid martyr complex and thinks that he is a genius surrounded by idiots. Lots of yelling and throwing things. From the business end the company is run on a month by month basis with the potential for everything to change at the end of any particular month depending on how much money is left. For you professionals reading this and thinking about working here and figuring you can deal with periodic outbursts consider that no projects ever get a budget. I am not kidding. If they are bringing you on board to shoot a video project make sure you ask what the budget is. I am not saying they are stingy or will underfund your project. In reality they might throw a ton of money your way but without a budget it is impossible to plan for anything at all so you might be shooting on your project one day and doing a casting call for someone elses project the next. Your days are numbered when that happens. Did the company run out of money? Who knows because there was no budget.

Advice to Senior Managementthere is no real management since the CEO doesn't let anyone make any decisions

Emmy Award Envy

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lake Mary, FL

Prosreally fun, great projects, fun coworkers, good gear, management will support your project... well... up to a point...

ConsSupport for your project will be dropped when the president and CEO lose interest. And they will. And when they do it won't be pretty. If you are lucky, they will ignore you for a few months and then fire you. Use this time to look for a new job. Don't worry, you don't have to do your old job because they will literally ignore you. Just sit at your desk and look for a new job for a few months. Be picky. Take your time.

If you are unlucky, they will explosively lose interest in your job and yell at you. repeatedly. here's a funny true sorry. We won an Emmy award for DJTV in 2008. You think the boss would be happy. He was not. He sent a long email yelling at us, whining about how everyone treated him badly and no one respected him. Really. We could not figure out what the heck the problem was except maybe his name was not on the trophy. He refused to go to the annual Christmas party, even though he traveled from India to the US for it. He was mad for days. At me. At us. I am not kidding. So he yells at you when you do your job so well you win awards. imagine what it's like when you still do your job well, but he doesn't care anymore.

Advice to Senior Managementhold your breath and collect your paycheck

Worst Job Ever

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lake Mary, FL

Prosgreat creative products, fun atmosphere when actually working on a project and the project is often one you can invent yourself

Consworst job ever. You will be warned by current employees during the interview stage and you will think it will be different for you but it won't.

many of the ratings here talk about getting praise or feedback on performance and you basically won't get any unless the boss is screaming mad already. he won't tell you what he wants so the best you can hope for is to guess. guess wrong and you get yelled at in the most childish demeaning way possible and called stupid. you might expect a professional apology for this unprofessional behavior but you wont. instead you will just stew angrily at your desk gradually cooling down over the weeks and months until it happens again. also paranoid boss claims he knows everything and cryptically hints that he has his ways and that theres no way for employees to get away with anything, yet the employees are not trying to get away with anything. everyone to a person loves the promise of their job and would love to work hard and accomplish stuff, but crazy boss will make you resentful in less than two months and you will hate him despite your work, which you are still proud of.

Advice to Senior ManagementCEO should go to singapore and just make big decisions. President should just take a permanent vacation. I promise morale would go way way up, output would skyrocket, CEO and President can collect bigger salaries it would work for everyone.

Chaos and abuse

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsI loved my work at Digital Juice. Considering how much fun it was, the pay was not bad. And I am very proud of the work I accomplished.

ConsOnly one big downside, which, I'll make a prediction about here. Since there is only one review up so far, I predict over and over again you will see former employees and current employees complain about chaos and abuse. Still, as the second person to post a review, I have to say that while chaos is common and kind of fun at times, the abuse will knock your socks off when it happens. Which is fortunately rare. But that's a bit like saying that an abusive husband is really a great guy even if he's a little unstable and he only rarely hits you. How many times does he have to hit you before you leave? Does it matter if it's only once every six months? No, I'm not saying anyone will actually physically hit you, although there will be moments when you think it might be coming, but there is no question that real verbal abuse occurs and I am not talking about a manager at Walmart berating a minimum wage 16 year old at his first slacker job, I'm talking about salaried professionals.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood luck.

Terrible bosses, great company.

Producer (Current Employee)

ProsGreat products, fun projects, talented coworkers.

ConsWhere to begin? Abusive, violent, no internal communication, periodic purges based on perceived loyalty and a constant sense of crisis and panic. New exciting projects are proposed, accepted and then abandoned when the boss loses interest in them. Company is run on a month by month basis and is at risk of not having enough revenue at the end of every month so there are no long term budgets. You are expected to read the boss' mind and if you can't, you will get snotty emails at best, yelled at as a norm and possibly have thing thrown at you during a meeting (but this is rare). Everyone I worked with has either been fired or left for lower paying jobs. Really. That bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice on how to keep their jobs? Suck up to the bosses. Advice on how to make things better? Get out. Get out now while you still can.

Worst experience of my life is working in a unprofessional company.

Trainee (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsThere is no pros in this company. only cons you can find anywhere and each and every corner of the office building.

ConsManagement people are cheaters, unprofessional and political minded. No growth no salary revisions no bonus...nothing...nothing....If employee become "Chamcha" of managerial person he gets hike and promotions. I can say except one or two persona in managerial positions are waste and time passers. Management will teach time management to employees but all these managers come office at 11.30AM or 12noon. The company working environment and style looks like retail shop run in KR Market bangalore.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you can not run the company in professional way please close down. Thats it

Worked for Digital Juice? Contribute to the Community!