Digital Map Products Reviews

1. Geospatial Technology & Invocation: Your Future is Here

Current Employee - GIS Support Analyst
    Current Employee - GIS Support Analyst

I have been working at Digital Map Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked for Digital Map Products (DMP) for over two years and recently completed graduate school. The benefits, in terms of medical, dental, and vision, are good and very important to me because of my growing family. The salary is comparable with other technology companies. DMP is on the technological edge of Geographic Information Science in the form of Cloud or Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platforms in the form of LandVision and GovClarity. The company has made great strides in the growing field Geospatial and Landscape Analysis by incorporating remote sensing tools, which now allow the observation of land cover change over time. Traditionally, these advances have been done at academic institutions in association with private corporations or government entities. However, this is taking place at DMP on a daily basis - kudos to our engineering. Moreover, DMP has, to an extent, democratized GIS and geography by allowing users with little technical knowhow to use it and apply the tools it offers to solve every day challenges. DMP is medium size, stable and growing. This combination offers many learning opportunities, which has stimulated my professional growth.

Cons

Like in other technological companies, certain scalable complex workflows need to be reassessed. Change is often difficult and challenging.

Advice to Management

DMP is full of smart people, allow them to contribute in the form of product innovation. Set your standards to no less than the most demanding of users. Listen to our existing LandVision/Govclarity customers and assure them we are here because of them. Lastly, take the engineering hat off and always practice the “intuitive test” by asking “Is this feature or that tool intuitive and easy to use?”

2. Good company to work. Really good work life balance

Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Digital Map Products

Pros

Work life balance. Seldom have to work after office hours. Lot of things to do and variety of tasks in engineering.

Cons

Pay is not up to industry standard. No 401K match. No yearly bonuses at least in engineering

3. Great company and great opportunity to learn

Current Employee - Low Level Management in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Low Level Management in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Digital Map Products full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a modern company using the latest cloud technology and development strategies (DevOps and Agile). It is a challenging, fast paced environment and provides the opportunity to learn new skills. I enjoy the working atmosphere and flexibility given to its employees. They have an excellent group of hard working people and provide great benefits.

Cons

It is a growing company and sometimes it's hard to get everything done that needs to get done.

Advice to Management

Continue with team building

5. Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Digital Map Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm a software engineer at this company and this is honestly the best job I've had. I can't say what it's like to work for another department, but engineering is filled with marvelously smart, friendly people; and I believe the company as a whole is a great company to work for.

Cons

Like everywhere, sometimes we have hiccups in our work processes, but I still can't see anything that I'd consider a "con" of working here.

6. Great experience working in an innovative and technologically driven arena

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Digital Map Products part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment at DMP fosters a sense of flexibility, autonomy and independence. There is always a positive vibe throughout the office. Employees are encouraged to learn and work independently but ideas are shared as part of the team process. The senior executives encourage an "open door" policy as well as a team approach. DMP has very competitive compensation packages, great benefits and values "work-life" balance.

Cons

DMP is a very fast-paced environment where individuals most comfortable with change will certainly excel as it represents an extremely customer success driven organization.

Advice to Management

I think continuing with "team building" activities (all employee meetings, pot luck lunches, etc,) would be favorably received by employees.

7. awful

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Digital Map Products full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fantastic product that could be dominating the market but Sales Management team favors back biting and petty turf fights among family.

Cons

decietful, dishonest and sleazy that will lie to you during interview and nothing they promised will happen

Advice to Management

fire sales management quite the incestuous group

RSS Feed </> Embed