Digital Monitoring Products Inc.

www.dmp.com
  www.dmp.com

Digital Monitoring Products Inc. Reviews

3.9

Rick Britton

Best place I have ever worked.

Current Employee - Various in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Various in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Digital Monitoring Products Inc. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great facilities, get to work with great people, the company culture is outstanding, there is no yelling at people, the ownership is generous, the company is continually growing which offers lots of opportunity for growth, the company is stable - profitable and transparent (pretty much open book management style), 2-6% bonus program, celebrations are fun, company picnic and stuff like that are over the top, and many times I have called my wife to tell her that we were just all handed $500 or $1000 because we have "had a great year".

Cons

Like any company communication can be a challenging, sometimes they worry too much about HR policies, as a smaller company the health care could be better (but that is common, and its gotten more affordable in the last couple years).

Family owned, professionally run company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Pros

- Values drive decisions.
    - Customers influence current and future product offerings.
    - Employees impact bottom line.

Cons

Being a small company, competing against large corporations is a challenge.

Fantastic place to work

Former Employee - HC Assistant in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - HC Assistant in Springfield, MO

I worked at Digital Monitoring Products Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

none that I can think of

Software engineering and company from another time.

I worked at Digital Monitoring Products Inc.

Pros

This company employs software engineers in the southwest Missouri town of Springfield. It has one of the most detailed employee handbooks I've ever seen covering attire, pre-employment and ongoing drug testing, hours of attendance, and the rest of the many facets of employment at a company with long-standing expectations of growth.

In-house communication is facilitated by inter-office mail, picked up twice a day from the employees' desks, as well as a central voice paging system to most desks in the building.

A summer carnival for employees, dealers and their families is held. A Christmas party is held for employees; their "spouses or fiancees" are welcome also, per the invitation.

Engineers at work are on display at all times as most offices have two full walls of glass.

Cons

As noted there is great focus on employee attire, attendance and other peripheral issues.

R&D is essentially top-down. Communication from engineers back up the chain of command is filtered for content and tone.

Key inter-product development & coordination is a challenge in this environment.

Pay is based upon some unspecified / perceived low cost standard of living for Springfield, MO but this is flawed: There is no pool of low-cost software engineers available for hire in Springfield. Negotiate your best salary up-front. Raises are not generous.

I love working at DMP

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

I worked at Digital Monitoring Products Inc.

Pros

Small family owned business that has been around for 35 years. Always growing and leads the security industry in technology from a intrusion control panel perspective.

Cons

I wish the health insurance was better, and as a company that is always growing, there is always growing pains. There is change constantly and I like things to stay the same for a while.

Keep on growing and keep on empowering employees to make decisions and allow them to own their mistakes, and own their victories.

Digital Monitoring Products Inc. Photos