Digital People

Updated February 25, 2014
Updated February 25, 2014

3.9

CEO

Truly a delightful place to land in my career.

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

Personal growth, consistent and thoughtful coaching and leveraging strengths in others vs. weaknesses. This company, unlike any other staffing firm I'm aware of, invests in their people. They want you to succeed and give you the entrepreneurial freedom to do so. Yet, they're right there to guide you along the way when you need the support. Stellar leadership team! Inovolved and hands on when you need them.

Cons

You have to have the professionalism and experience to "manage up" or the very oftentimes overly aggressive sales teams will outpace you before you know what hits you. You have to have the stamina to stand your ground and "train" them to respect your role.

I think they give in a bit too much to the Sales Teams. It seems whenever the sales teams have a gripe the company will defer to their POV frequently vs. stepping back and also considering the recruiter perspective. It does seem that the sales team is always right no matter what. That gets tiring. And, the sales teams are definitely more revered and rewarded than recruiter teams.

One of my favorite jobs!

Current Employee - Creative Recruiter  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Creative Recruiter in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

As a recruiter, I was very excited about finding a staffing firm that encouraged long-term relationship building. I feel that is the best way to grow a loyal talent pool of candidates who are also looking for long-term career partners. It is very satisfying to be able to help people find fulfilling work. I also like that we specialize in creative, marketing and interactive positions specifically, so we can really get to know the needs of our clients and the skill sets that will enable candidates to succeed in their assignments/placements. It was refreshing to work with a group of people who all have backgrounds in these industries and are so passionate about them. The only reason I am no longer with Digital People specifically is that I have moved into a corporate role with the parent company to be able to help with DP, along with additional brands.

Cons

Recruiting is a lot of pressure and can involve long hours. If you can handle the challenge, the hard work pays off though.

Company needs to invest in newer offices

Pros

There are several people with longevity with this company

Cons

Don't give much ramp up time to newer offices to be successful

Need more than 2 people to operate an office

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Recruiting-Good job if needed after a layoff.

Former Employee - Business Development Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Freedom to work sales territory. Not a lot of pros given the nature of the business. Your tied to the phone like a telemarketer. Ticks for cold calling and reprimand for not hitting numbers. Its Boiler room without the payoff.

Cons

Micro-Managed and have little capital investment from corporate to become a leader in the recruiting industry for marketing and creative. Bottom barrel selling. Management has sparse ability to think strategically to grow business.

Look at your competitors, adapt to status quo, then plan operationally to go beyond.

Worked for Digital People? Contribute to the Community!