Digital Risk

Digital Risk Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Digital Risk CEO Peter Kassabov

Peter Kassabov

Pros
  • In fact, flexible schedule is encouraged for all who work there, including working from home(in 8 reviews)

• good pay & benefits friendly people(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • This company is unstable, and provides no job security(in 6 reviews)

• No 401K match, expensive benefit options(in 7 reviews)

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Maitland, FL

ProsI worked here for quite a few years and absolutely loved it. The people that I got to know were like family to me. I worked with many highly professional, friendly, and exceptional co-workers and learned and grew so much during my time there. My managers were always understanding if I had to leave for an emergency, appointments, or school. I truly loved Digital Risk and all of the opportunity I was given while working there.

ConsI have to say that there were too many times where dress code wasn't forced enough as it should have been. Also, it was sad to learn of some of the politics involved in particular people in the company, but I guess that's just part of any organization this size. There were too many rumors and significant fears of layoffs off in the company (which I was unfortunately part of).

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease keep communication open with all employees, especially because of the vast amounts of layoffs that have happened this year. Unfortunately, people are looking for other jobs or quitting because of their fear of where the company is heading. If you don't keep communicating the state of the company to the employees, their fears will take over and they will go to another company. I heard it too many times, still do now.

Difficult

Underwriter (Former Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsMy coworkers were fun to work with in our original group. Once people were added from other projects moral changed.

ConsManagement had no clue on how to underwrite files, never could get a straight answer. The bonuses were not calculated correctly. Also, raises were not given unless you were promoted. Not even cost of living raises.

Employment based on performance.

Data Capture Analyst (Current Employee) Maitland, FL

ProsVery flixible with hours,
    Management was understanding of personal time, and worked to make both of our schedules work,
    Reasonable pay for a low-stress job,
    If you are a high performance worker, you'll keep your job... probably.
    Very friendly atmosphere even though incentives are based on performance relative to coworkers.

ConsFiring people left and right, without warning,
    No real opportunities for growth from an entry-level standpoint,
    Constantly changing workload.
    Apparent lack of integrity: Management would offer 40 hours on Monday and cut it back to 20 by Wednesday, just to get employees to make a big push early in the week.
    Entire department was called off on multiple Fridays, sometimes on Thursdays as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to be more honest with everyone. We could feel layoffs coming even though you insist there would be none. Just be straight with people, at least you'll have their respect even if you don't have their affection.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good experience thus far

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsGood team. I work with great people. My boss treats me with respect and listens to my ideas. I started in 2012 and since then have been promoted twice. Good training. Folks here are friendly. Casual and laid back place.

ConsBeing a remote office we don't get as many perks as the Orlando office. Benefits aren't all that great.

Advice to Senior ManagementVisit Jacksonville office more often.

Hey is that an iceberg? Ship is sinking

Underwriter Lead (Former Employee) Maitland, FL

ProsWas a job when jobs were hard to find, hardly any dresscode or professionalism required.

ConsThe wheels are falling off, losing contracts and shedding employees like crazy. Even at itws peak it was poorly organized and they promoted everyone to management, Most projects had as many managers as workers. Never left start up mode, poor communication, standards and corporate structure. Probably the worst run company I have worked for, but hey the original owners sold out and made bank!

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate your resumes

OK until you find something better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros99% of the people you work with are very nice and patient
    Leadership tries very hard to retain people when the business is down by finding them other internal postions.

ConsThe direct Manager is really really bad. You are treated like a 2 year old. Very inappropriate comments routinely made. Management by intimidation; a real bully.
    Pay is low and overtime is very discouraged.
    The business can be shaky at times. A real revolving door.
    Very unorganized and last minute reactions are norm. Much unneeded rework performed routinely.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have been in business for years now. Mature and standardized instead of being in constant startup mode.
    Replace bad managers. You know who they are.

Not good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere not many, the pay is decent, but thats about it.

ConsTerrible company, they lie to there employees. We go a 60 day notice for a lay off, so i got another job offer and when I put in my 2 weeks, they gave me a raise and told me my job was safe and I would not be getting laid off. Then they still laid me off 3 months later. They just needed people to finish the project. So, I missed out on getting another job.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet new management that does not lie.

A disappointment

Loan Processor (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsGetting paid, good co-workers. I had hopes for advancement and career mobility, but soon realized I was hired for a specific purpose.

ConsToo much work, too much stress, unpleasant surprises (weekly goals?) and management that talks out of both sides of its mouth. Quality is king, but in reality, production overrides all other considerations.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and BE HONEST!

Worst managed company ever experienced in 35 years

Underwriter (Former Employee)

ProsEmployed the best and brightest in the industry; however, abused and burned them.

ConsTypical sweat shop. Burn you out and then fire you. Should be located in China. Unrealistic expectations, dishonest management, almost no employer contribution to health insurance, over-promised deadlines by the sales team to clients, no raises without promotions, very low product standards,

Advice to Senior ManagementThe first lesson taught in business school is to maximize shareholder wealth. The second is that you have a responsibility to give back to society and your employees. Employees are assets, not liabilities. You have your employees on the wrong side of your balance sheet, except for a select few in Maitland of course, and maybe a couple in other locations. Move your business to China where it belongs.

The Blind Leading the Blind...

Loss Mitigation Underwriter (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsThe pay was really good for this kind of work.

ConsThey had begun a new project doing loan modification underwriting, but didn't know what they were doing. They would fail to get us the correct information and when we were penalized by the client for mistakes we made, that were not our fault, they did not have our back. They were continually promoting people that did not have the necessary management skills. They gave us unrealistic goals that we could not meet. They were laying off people in large chunks in Jacksonville, while working on getting a large state grant to create jobs in Lake Mary. The seemingly great salary was offset by the small amount they paid for medical benefits. They paid only about a third or less for the employee and nothing for dependents. I was paying out close to $700 per month for myself plus one dependent, making the $52,000.00 per year closer to $43,000.00.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople are not numbers.

Worked for Digital Risk? Contribute to the Community!