Digital Risk

Updated September 17, 2014
2.3

Digital Risk CEO Peter Kassabov
Peter Kassabov

Pros
  • In fact, flexible schedule is encouraged for all who work there, including working from home (in 8 reviews)

• Flexible hours great co workers (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • This company is unstable, and provides no job security (in 6 reviews)

• No 401K match, expensive benefit options (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company with an uneasy future

Former Employee - Loan Review Analyst  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Loan Review Analyst in Orlando, FL

I worked at Digital Risk full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly Work Environment, fun corporate events, a strong emphasis on charity and involvement in company activities.
    Competitive Pay and many times solid opportunity for performance incentives.
    Potential for Flexible Work Schedules
    Solid Benefit packages
    Potential to move around and gain diverse experience.
    Entrepreneurial spirit in management
    The industry has not been kind to the company as of late, but they seemed to work hard in trying to place employees in new roles before being forced to lay them off. They seemed to be working hard in generating new business and client deals in adapting to the market's fluctuations.

Cons

Certain residential roles (underwriting, processing, closing, etc) can become very formulaic and monotonous, but that seems to be pretty standard with those roles in any company.
    The sudden fallout of the forensic market was hard on the company, which lead to some "reshuffling" of the workforce, and there was a atmosphere of uncertainty with many employees and their job security as of late.
    The company had a strong emphasis on "truth and transparency" with its employees, but during all the reshuffling, it seemed that the management's optimism overshadowed its ability to be realistic with its employees and their personal future with the company.
    It seems that the market for the company is demanding a more flexible workforce, which is in stark contrast to its ideals of developing "careers, not jobs."
    I would not recommend the company to a friend in its current state of uncertainty, but in time, they may adapt more sustainable models that would make it more appealing.

Be more realistic with employees about the expectations for the future of their roles/departments.

Good while it lasted

Current Employee - Forensic Loan Analyst  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Forensic Loan Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Digital Risk full-time for more than a year

Pros

Competitive salary for the Jacksonville area. Flexible work environment. Benefits offered though expensive.

Cons

However, the direction of the company changed so frequently that there seemed to be a lack of direction. Also, the benefits lacked a comprehensive retirement plan because there was no matching offered on 401K. During my last few months there, they held open enrollment, then a few weeks later said that they were "furloughing" employees one day per week so reduce hours but they did not allow ee's to make changes to benefits to compensate for the reduced income. Thought that was very sneaky. I'm sure that the representative that came in made a great commission since we were all required to meet with her during open enrollment. Lastly, there was a group of ee's that came out training (some of which relocated to Jax) excited only to learn two weeks later that the company was laying everybody off.

Operate with more transparency. It became obvious to me that we were being laid off because I pay attention; however, some of the other ee's were blindsided after being made promises at hire.

Roller Coaster, but fun at times.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Digital Risk full-time for more than a year

Pros

Laid Back atmosphere
    Easy work
    Nice co-workers
    Company leaders seem to try to do their best to keep people employed during downturns

Cons

Chaotic at times
    Difficult manager
    Company Values are great, too bad they are not followed
    Unstable environment due to loss of company core competency (Forensics)
    Company sale to Indian firm.
    It is just a job, not a career.

Make ALL walk the talk with regard to company values.
    Mature business processes to consistency

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mortgage Underwriter

Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Mortgage Underwriter in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Digital Risk full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leaders will do their best to assist you and get the correct answers to your questions, nice benefits and try to be flexible as possible based on the clients requirements. Lastly, the pay is completive and I believe is fair.

Cons

The only con I can address is the risk of stability. This company has recently (past few years) entered in the origination side of the mortgage industry, but has lost some clients due do the economy. However hiring employees or training then letting them go during training with the reason of decreased production, shows they were not prepared to sustain the employees for a period of time (even for a short period) before laying them off.

Establish capital to sustain employees for a min of 60 - 90 days before layoffs, since this economy is continually flexuating.

Overall my experience was good and uneventful.

I worked at Digital Risk full-time for more than a year

Pros

It was a fine company to work for depending on what you expect.

Cons

I did not have any significant issues.

Disorganized

Current Employee - Appraisal Analyst  in  Maitland, FL
    Current Employee - Appraisal Analyst in Maitland, FL

I have been working at Digital Risk full-time for more than a year

Pros

Like my coworkers and being paid incentives for exceeding production goals is great.

Cons

Everybody is glued to computers. It is quieter than a library. Project processes and procedures are not thought out. Changes are made that impact how we do our work but are not communicated to everyone involved. Constant badgering to meet production goals. Not enough training to efficiently use computer such as effectively using 2 screens, multiple PDFs, and multiple web pages.

Need to six sigma processes to increase production instead of relying on the lowest level employee to design their own method of doing their work.

Have a backup plan

Former Employee - Underwriter/Loan Analyst  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Underwriter/Loan Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Digital Risk full-time for more than a year

Pros

I lasted 2 1/2 years there but had to switch to different "scopes" 4 times because they could not seem to deliver to the client either the quality of the quantity.

Cons

Damn place is a revolving door of mortgage professionals. I was lucky to last as long as I did. They had a Wells Fargo scope for underwriting mods and had buttholes for management and promoted incompetents into the "performance supervisor" roles. 1 supervisor for each 10 people seem a little over the top. Hire good people, train them right, and then trust them. The "training" most times consisted of the whole class looking at a screen, while they read aloud what was on the screen.....I got over that part in the second grade.

Great people, no job security.

I have been working at Digital Risk full-time

Pros

The people and compensation and training.

Cons

Management, or the lack of any.

No such thing as Truth in Transparency

Former Employee - Production  in  Maitland, FL
    Former Employee - Production in Maitland, FL

I worked at Digital Risk full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers
    The values that the company lists are great; if they really lived by them.

Cons

Constantly changing direction without thinking of the outcome.
    No room for advancement unless you are part of the "IN" crowd.
    Promotion of unqualified managers in every department.
    Company culture very misrepresented.
    Very disorganized

Be thankful you have a job because this train cannot go forever.

The company you want to work for. I'm not kidding...

Former Employee - Component Servcing Analyst  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Component Servcing Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at Digital Risk full-time for more than a year

Pros

My teammates and mangers were highly qualified professionals in the mortgage compliance industry. I always felt comfortable with asking questions and approaching almost anyone for help on problems I couldn’t solve. I never felt that if at any time I made a mistake or simply didn’t understand a process that I would be shown the door and that quality is priceless in any company. You work very closely with your teammates and management is interested in keeping you up to date. There was continuous training on new projects, systems and the industry itself. Regular updates on procedures are provided and input on is or is not going well with operations was listened to by management. Much is expected of you but nothing that I ever felt was beyond my depth or unreasonable to ask.

Cons

There would be occasional difficulties in material findings between Analysts and Quality Assurance but systems were put in place to make sure rebuttals were reviewed fairly and reasonably.

Headquarters in Maitland were not very adept at telling the Denver office about layoffs at other branches and would inadvertently give the impression we would all be unemployed in short order. Out team leaders were able to explain to us that our team ran totally different types of operations than in Florida and the layoffs there would not affect out branch in Denver but caution is warranted when dealing with layoffs occurring elsewhere within the company.

Worked for Digital Risk? Contribute to the Community!