Digital Technology Laboratory

www.dtlab.com

Digital Technology Laboratory Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Go if you have no other job

Intern (Former Employee) Davis, CA

ProsSmall teams, Less pressure, Industry average salary

ConsProduct releases are painful, Managers can exert undue pressure, No cafeteria

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease develop better softwares, The legacy softwares are very outdated

The experience is different depending on your supervisor.

Developer (Current Employee) Davis, CA

ProsInternational company with many great minds from many parts of the world (American, Chinese, Indian, Korean, Nigerian). I was surprised to see so many Ph.Ds under the same roof when I joined.

The culture is pleasant and respectful. It can be a bit quiet for an R&D firm.

Staff is challenged to deliver a lot of product, but "saving grace" is that leads are generally quite forgiving when deliveries slip due to large workload.

ConsNot enough lower level staff to support development projects which leads to waste of intellectual capital i.e. having over qualified individuals work on items that a 4 year university graduate could handle. Also I see this as slowing down ability to output products to market.

Some of the senior staff may be too theoretical and not practical.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to better prioritize supported products. Many cases more important deliveries are stalled because misuse of human resource.

Good at first and terrible after 3 months

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Davis, CA

ProsStable, you don't have to think because Management thought already. If you are good at pretending working hard, you are suit for this company.

ConsNo freedom: you are not allowed to do any decision even its your job; you have to consult with management every time you do some changes. You have to complete non-sense documents even everybody knows that it's useless and no one will use them; you get better documentation, then you have to convert to stupid format which lost the essence of the docs.

Management always intervenes in new ideas and product changes, and most of them are stupid, proved by consequent results; but they still insist doing so.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe realistic, be agile, and be smart by not doing things you are not good at. Let people knows what to do and how to do it to do the things.

Get rid of stupid and inefficient reporting system. 6 layers are too much.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to work.

Prosgood work environment: new office and office equipments.

ConsThe work schedule is less flexible.

Worked for Digital Technology Laboratory? Contribute to the Community!