Digitas

www.digitaslbi.com

Digitas Reviews in Chicago, IL

Digitas – Philadelphia – “Digitas Health HQ on 11th Floor of Wanamakers Bldg”

Digitas – Philadelphia – “Digitas Health HQ on 11th Floor of Wanamakers Bldg”

Tony Weisman

Pros
  • Very smart people, good perks for younger folks, competitive wages (in 28 reviews)

• Great community and offers opportunities to learn and grow within the company (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No work-life balance even though management makes a point of saying there's a way to have both (in 22 reviews)

• Long hours for media department, can take a while to get a raise (in 34 reviews)

More Highlights
26 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great people, long hours

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThe work can be incredibly challenging in a good way depending on the client that you work on. There are endless chances to learn and grow. The people are fantastic to work with, definitely make the office enjoyable even when you've had a very long week.

ConsDepending on the client, the hours can be manageable or far too long. As with any agency, people are incredibly busy, which means politics can factor a great deal into promotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure employees are clear on paths to promotion

Great Company But Longer Hours

Media Supervisor (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsRelaxed, loft-style environment with graffiti on the walls and lots of perks. Young employees, fun company events, free drinks and snacks, growing like crazy.

ConsLong hours for media department, can take a while to get a raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider consistent performance based raises.

Work hard play harder!

Media Planner Intern (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat community and offers opportunities to learn and grow within the company!

ConsNone all around a very supportive company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great culture and some of the best creative minds in the business

Supervisor (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsOffice space, atmosphere, HR, staffing/GSS team
    Everyone feeds off of each other creatively.....there is never a "bad" idea since they usually turn into great ones.
    You walk into the office and KNOW you are at a creative agency

ConsYou think it won't get better....then it does
    You aren't able to sit on the sidelines and not contribute (sarcasm)

Advice to Senior ManagementIf I could offer management one piece of advice......I wouldn't because they all know what they are doing and I would just screw it up.

What a suck hole this agency is.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsLots of soda, snacks and beer. Gee, that's awesome.

ConsWorked with creative directors who were good at loving an idea one day, then hating it the next. They changed the focus/goal of one assignment 4x in two weeks, and then threw some folks under the bus in meetings and on email. Classy. Many people on here have said the HR is the worst. They were actually some of the more pleasant/helpful people at Digitas.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue.

Fun

Project Management Intern (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsLearned a lot, great networking opportunity. Really expanded my knowledge and experience with project management.

ConsYou really have to like advertising. Things can be slow. You have to be a self-starter.

Stressful, disorganized and too big for its own good.

Associate Art Director (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsBenefits, number of holidays/days off, smart creatives when you know where to look, beer and snacks, young people who like to socialize and sport teams to play on.

ConsDisorganized
    Lack of process
    (missed opportunities because of this)
    Creatives are made to solve problems that aren't theirs
    Lack of key management
    Poor performance in high level jobs (has a terrible effect on process/management)
    Lack of humanity
    Poor recognition of accomplishments and working hard for a long period of time
    No bonuses
    Review process is totally bogus
    Always allows itself to play second fiddle to traditional agencies, even when their idea are horrid.

Politics and Egos

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsBright shiny objects and office space mask the real issues for a short period of time. Cool perks, benefits, food, beer.

ConsEgos and favoritism are through the roof. How Digitas fools Crains every year is beyond comprehension. HR/Ops are totally unprofessional.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome down to earth

HR is terrible and the Executives are just as bad. I can't wait to find a new job and get out of here!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsSalary and benefits are good

ConsI'm curreny looking for another job and can't wait to leave Digitas as soon as I find one. I've suffered through over 2 years here and I'm shocked by what goes on behind the scenes that outsiders don't know about. The only way to succeed at Digitas is if you kiss the Executives' butts and don't disagree with anyone. To get promoted, as many have stated on their Glassdoor reviews, you have to kiss up to the right people and you are "in." I was pleased to recently have heard that the word is getting out about what a bad place it is to work.

Equally disturbing is the HR department. I have stopped going to HR with concerns because they have been completely inappropriate and unprofessional. If they haven't had a huge lawsuit on their hands already, I'm sure they will very soon. I'm constantly hearing stories how employees walk by HR and hear the HR head talking badly about current or ex employees on a daily basis. This agency is bad news and I'm counting down the days until I can leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice would be to really listen to the complaints inside the agency. I realize they may not get past HR, but the Executives can take pulse surveys periodically to get anonymous feedback. Also, get a new HR team.

Creative and inspiring environment that provides excellent benefits and work-life balance

Associate Media Planner (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros--people are open and friendly
    --good benefits
    --opportunities to excel and succeed
    --one of the best agencies to work for today

Cons--sometimes political
    --promotions are done on a semi-yearly schedule

Worked for Digitas? Contribute to the Community!