Digitas

www.digitaslbi.com

Digitas Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014
Digitas – Philadelphia – “Digitas Health HQ on 11th Floor of Wanamakers Bldg”

Digitas – Philadelphia – “Digitas Health HQ on 11th Floor of Wanamakers Bldg”

Tony Weisman

Pros
  • Very smart people, good perks for younger folks, competitive wages (in 28 reviews)

• Great community and offers opportunities to learn and grow within the company (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No work-life balance even though management makes a point of saying there's a way to have both (in 22 reviews)

• Long hours for media department, can take a while to get a raise (in 34 reviews)

More Highlights

Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly and smart people to work with, interesting projects, cool presentations by vendors on new products, ideal work environment if right out of school, decent benefits.

ConsHectic, long hours, very fast-paced environment with constant change. Need to be able to hit the ground running and to be able to teach yourself new skills because others are unlikely to take the time to. The same title can mean completely different responsibilities and varies depending on team. There can be a disconnect between background experience and projects assigned.

All about the talent

Media (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsBrilliant talent. Thoughtful, insightful, driven. The smart kids in class. Great clients that want to do good work

ConsLong hours. Transparency always a challenge. Barriers still exist between creative and other capabilities. Analytics has slipped in the past few years.

Great environment but they don't care too much about technology

Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGreat customers, great opportunities, great place for creative and marketing

ConsTechnology is involved too late on process of defining solution to the customer, most of the budget is for marketing and creative parts, technology have to work on remaining time and budget and many time it's not enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementTechnology person must work as service/project supplier and not as brand assigned resources. It drove drop in skills and high turnover.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun but very political

Associate Director (Former Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsLots of perks, fun, great people working by your side, very intelligent.

ConsA lot of politics. Promotions are very heavy on the buddy system.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to be more open to others outside of their "favorite few."

Dynamic and challenging environment, a great place to learn and work

Senior Analyst, S&A (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsSurrounded by lots of talented and hardworking individuals
    Exposure to different types of work in the digital space
    Great company atmosphere (NYC)
    Many opportunities to learn and grow

ConsSometimes the work can be less glamorous - certain clients/projects just aren't as sexy as one would hope in the advertising industry
    While I was there, many hires from outside instead of promotions from within - stifled morale a little
    Work/life balance could be better - a lot of pressure on having billable hours

Advice to Senior ManagementMore transparency in the promotion process, this seems to be a bulk of people's complaints

A solid agency

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery smart people, good perks for younger folks, competitive wages

ConsTerrible review process, very large agency and can get lost within it. Some creatives think that they are just the greatest thing since sliced bologna.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't really have any. Managing an agency that is that size is a tough gig.

Amazing place to get started in the advertising biz

Senior Media Planner (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsAccess to great clients/accounts
    Full service agency feel
    Great culture

ConsActual promotion cycles are painfully long, they lose amazing talent because of it

Advice to Senior ManagementProtect your talent by promoting within

Truly scarred from my experience at Digitas

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThere are some smart people with good intentions in there and you do get to work on big brands and can build up a solid network of contacts for life after Digitas

ConsThe political environment brings out the worst in people. Backstabbing is rampant and fueled by senor management and HR.

You are not rewarded for work performance rather the only way to get a head is by schmoozing with VPs (verbatim from 2 SVPs).

Most of senior management got to be where they are through backstabbing, therefore, I’m not sure if there is a way to stop the cycle as long as they work there.

HR does more harm them good by perpetuating backstabbing. It’s almost like their function is to stir things up even more.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice would be to rethink your point of view on management. People should be rewarded for performance not for being political and throwing good people under the bus. HR team: You need to re-evaluate your approach as well rather then being a tool for backstabbing used by the malfunctioning senior leadership team.

NYC office is hopeful-- Find the best people and work with them.

Senior Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

Pros- Great benefits, thanks to Publicis
    - Social & volunteer opportunities
    - Solid reputation

Cons- Trying to become a full service agency, but there is little communication between capabilities
    - Low pay while the company continues to waste money on lavish open bars & special appearances; employees recently went 3 years without a merit increase
    - High turnover
    - Erratic senior management whom acknowledge problems, but make little effort to fix them
    - The standard procedure for getting promoted is to find a better offer elsewhere, then threaten to quit

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage collaboration & company pride; implement programs that hold departments accountable for pushing their practices forward in an increasingly competitive industry, instead of scrambling to hang on while employees leave for better opportunities.

it really is one of the best places to work

Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

Pros-an HR team committed to employee satisfaction
    -a comprehensive and sometimes exhaustive review process
    -amazingly smart and talented colleagues
    -gorgeous work space
    -fair salary based upon performance, contrary to what others may believe
    -work life balance IS attainable
    -the list goes on and on...there is a reason why Digitas has so many "boomerang" employees. it is truly a great place to be

Cons-some late hours
    -lack of creativity in work
    -new business pipeline seems dried up

Advice to Senior Managementkeep on doing what you're doing!

Worked for Digitas? Contribute to the Community!