Digitas Reviews

Updated September 11, 2014
Updated September 11, 2014
3.3

Tony Weisman

Pros
  • Very smart people, good perks for younger folks, competitive wages (in 28 reviews)

• Great community and offers opportunities to learn and grow within the company (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No work-life balance even though management makes a point of saying there's a way to have both (in 22 reviews)

• Long hours for media department, can take a while to get a raise (in 34 reviews)

More Highlights

Great culture and some of the best creative minds in the business

Former Employee - Supervisor  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Chicago, IL

I worked at Digitas full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Office space, atmosphere, HR, staffing/GSS team
    Everyone feeds off of each other creatively.....there is never a "bad" idea since they usually turn into great ones.
    You walk into the office and KNOW you are at a creative agency

Cons

You think it won't get better....then it does
    You aren't able to sit on the sidelines and not contribute (sarcasm)

If I could offer management one piece of advice......I wouldn't because they all know what they are doing and I would just screw it up.

Account Driven

Former Employee - Associate Director Interaction Design  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate Director Interaction Design in New York, NY

I worked at Digitas full-time for more than a year

Pros

Location, very central and near everything. The building is also nice, even thought the offices are minimal.

Cons

The Culture (Account management driven) and the crazy hours. The lack of knowledge of Project management - financial planners are hired as Senior Managers, without any online experience, only budget.

Listen to your Creative and IA departments.

Fast paced, speed over precision

Former Employee - Senior Designer  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Designer in Boston, MA

I worked at Digitas as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

The people working at Digitas are bright, well-educated motivated people. The clients that Digitas works with are all A-class brands and this lends to some of the fun of working with well-known established brands. The Downtown Boston location is very convenient and lively.

Cons

Digitas is not really a creative agency. It is more like a money-driven advertising industry, so there is pressure to crank out a large volume of work. That is what the clients pay for so it should not be too much of a surprise.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

What a suck hole this agency is.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Digitas for less than a year

Pros

Lots of soda, snacks and beer. Gee, that's awesome.

Cons

Worked with creative directors who were good at loving an idea one day, then hating it the next. They changed the focus/goal of one assignment 4x in two weeks, and then threw some folks under the bus in meetings and on email. Classy. Many people on here have said the HR is the worst. They were actually some of the more pleasant/helpful people at Digitas.

Get a clue.

Big brands, without the branding

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Digitas full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Large, impressive client roster. Great people, great friends - mostly specialists with deep knowledge in specific subjects or capabilities. Very forward thinking within new media and technology.

Cons

Limited opportunity to create (vs maintain) brands. Company succeeds mostly with smaller, tactical, or purely functional work reliant on vendor or content partnerships to bring to life. Limited campaign work. Account team lacks deep relationships with clients to be able to sell more meaningful creative.

1) The current creative leadership (mostly content writers) favors safe and functional over bigger, original ideas. That emphasis trickles down from marketing leadership. To become a creative agency, that must change - but it would not seem there is a desire to be a creative agency within leadership. If not, be more forthcoming with that team.

2) Strengthen your web development team or eliminate completely and partner with a strong vendor - your internal team seldom hits their goals, and is hesitant to innovate. Overall, learn to outsource what you do not do well.

3) Teach your account team (includes several members of senior leadership) how to build relationships with clients and get better opportunities for the company.

Learn a lot, but be prepared to work. A lot.

Former Employee - Marketing Manager  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Digitas full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people are really nice, and very smart. I learned a lot, and felt challenged by the work.

Cons

The company is pretty big, and agencies that large it can feel like senior management loses sight of the work, and is driven by the bottom line.

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Video Producer  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Video Producer in New York, NY

I worked at Digitas full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great corporate culture and understands the needs of families.

Cons

The creative wasn't groundbreaking but we did good work.

Learn a lot and work even more

I worked at Digitas

Pros

Trained an entire generation of digital analysts
    Training is comprehensive
    Dashboarding/Decks are impressive

Cons

Horrible culture. (fake cool people, probably not popular in hs)
    Too many nerds
    Management doesn't care how long you work and often replies with 'You're not managing your time correctly.' Such a cop out

Start caring about the little guy's time.

Worked there for 6.5 years. It was hands down the best job I ever had.

Former Employee - Senior Art Director  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Art Director in Boston, MA

I worked at Digitas full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The most serious-minded, well-run, efficient yet fun company I've had the pleasure to work for. In fact, folks from my "class" call it "Bronner High." Digitas is an entirely different company. I was there when Bronner pissed off the advertising community by winning agency of the year. I left Bronner in 1996.

Cons

We tended to over-analyze the creative, often neutering it in the process.

Should have kept the name Bronnercom. Why would you expunge all reference to the brainchild, the Oz behind the curtain? Ogilvy is still called Ogilvy for a reason. I'll never get that.

Smart People, Great environment

I worked at Digitas

Pros

There are some really talented people at this company and great opportunities to learn from your peers. The learning & development programs are a definite plus, whether it involves bringing in speakers/teachers from the outside or sharing knowledge from within.

Cons

Transparency between upper/middle management to lower management was poor. Opportunities for growth were there, but only if you knew the right people and could navigate the political waters.

See above: Create Greater transparency between upper/middle management to lower management. Encourage career growth and new experiences (especially when explicitly requested).

Worked for Digitas? Contribute to the Community!