DigitasLBi Reviews

133 reviews filtered by
3.5
DigitasLBi Global CEO Luke Taylor
Luke Taylor

Pros
  • You can have a pretty normal work/life balance here (in 6 reviews)

• There were some big platform redesigns for interesting clients, some great people to work with (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • I was put on an account that was notorious for being rigorous and having a terrible work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

• Some long hours and senior management is out of touch (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Best company I have ever worked for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at DigitasLBi

Pros

-Amazing culture, great/enthusiastic people, vibrant atmosphere, events going on (fundraising, charity, community, social, etc.). It is more than just a place to work, we give back and it shows. Not only that, the company gives back to their employees but hosting so many events, work parties, little random things (hot chocolate bar, tap room, food everywhere, etc. etc.)
    -The work is great, client list is great
    -Smart co-workers

Cons

-Internal politics sometimes can slow down a process and make it less efficient

Advice to Management

Promote employees who deserve it

Vice President/Director

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at DigitasLBi full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work hard, play hard at its best. Where they lack in sexy work, they make up for in an unrivaled people culture. The benefits are good, the atmosphere not stuffy and they keep you hooked by plenty of social situations, parties, drinking occasions.
    In comparison to other agencies, the creative ego is lower as well since marketing department plays a bigger role than at most places, and the measurement team is almost always brilliant.

Development plans and all the gazillion processes put in place are a pain, plus a ton of development/training courses are a pain in the butt at the time but really help built a solid core base in future endeavors. It's a great place to learn the craft and be in your 20s.

Cons

- The hours are long and there's an unwritten pressure to be checking that email and going first thing in the morning until last thing at night. It is also VERY common to find a full house until at least 8-9 at night, every week night (this is why there is lots of free food and booze)

- The account options were frequently limited but seemed to have expanded

- Creative is lacking and for being such a well respected agency; you aren't coming to DigitasLbi if you are in it for the awards

- Management is a politically-based boys club (even if there are some women leads), with very little turnover or fresh talent;

- Promotions are more about politics and whos more powerful in the calibration meetings, than actually about consistent work in the roles

Advice to Management

Go home to your families; you are setting the tone for the rest of people who can't.

3. Sr. Analyst

Current Employee - Senior Analyst Strategy and Analysis in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst Strategy and Analysis in New York, NY

I have been working at DigitasLBi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, Extremely smart & digitally savvy employees, lots of free food

Cons

Vague employee review and growth process, detached/uninvolved senior management,

Advice to Management

create stronger relationships with team members, make the effort to know what's happening on the day to day, give regular feedback to employees, share feedback on personal growth opportunities.

5. Smoke and mirrors. Great people, great benefits, mediocre work.

Current Employee - Associate Copywriter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Associate Copywriter in New York, NY

I have been working at DigitasLBi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, decent culture.
    Top-notch benefits: 19+ PTO, 16+ Holidays, Health and Wellness Stipend, tons of food and swag, etc.
    Pays well (will pay more to keep talent around).

Cons

Ask anyone that works here how they like it and I guarantee they'll say, "I love the people. The benefits are great. The work's not great."

People can be cold at first, but hey it's New York.
    Mediocre creative work.
    Sweatshop.
    All talk with nothing to show for it.
    Lacks mentorship for juniors.
    Unwilling to invest in current employees for advancement/growth.
    Won't let employees wear multiple hats.
    Whipped by their biggest clients.
    Senior leadership that's been around for 10+ years are delusional and stuck.

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees, from the bottom all the way to the top. It's not enough to say there's an open door policy. If you think we're doing great, you haven't talked to the people actually doing the work. Invest in your people or they will leave. Fight for great work. Get out of your cushy, high-paying comfort zones. Go out of your way to mentor and foster growth. Stop hosting happy hour and listing off our 'accomplishments.' Digitas has a loooong way to go.

6. Overall great work environment with opportunities to advance

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at DigitasLBi full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A relatively positive work environment with good work-life balance (with a few exceptions group-dependent). Smart and collaborative colleagues

Cons

Relatively high attrition rate which may have changed over the past few years. Certain teams had disproportionate workloads

7. Beware if you are a freelancer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DigitasLBi

Pros

The people who work there seem professional and competent and the client list is good. Also, the building is conveniently located and not too terribly overcrowded.

Cons

Not sure about permanent employees but freelancers really get screwed in terms of getting paid. You generally have to wait for your first check for about a month. The pay schedule seems to be a mystery and not well understood at the local level. It's really not ok for a company as large as this one is to stiff its contractors.

Advice to Management

Get it together. I've worked at other Publicis companies and this one ranks near the bottom in terms of organization.

8. Great environment full of fun, creative people

Former Intern - Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Intern - Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at DigitasLBi as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong program for interns. I was exposed to many different parts of the agency. People were always will to answer questions and show me what they did.

Cons

HR was a bit slow

9. Good company overall

Current Employee - Digital Media Planner in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Digital Media Planner in New York, NY

I have been working at DigitasLBi

Pros

Fun environment to work in, good energy, great people. Good transition from college since its basically all new grads with the exception of upper management.

Cons

Good luck getting a promotion. I was lucky that the company was doing well when my promotion was up but recently some of my colleagues have not been as fortunate

10. Great place to start out!

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at DigitasLBi

Pros

Competitive salary to start out, smart people, great benefits, you will learn a LOT!!

Cons

Although management is supportive of work-life balance, work hours are nevertheless long and intense making work-life balance really hard. There's a lack of structural entry-level training.

Advice to Management

Find out what motivates your team and be transparent with team members. Have entry-level people be more involved in at least providing their recommendations or process of thinking when it comes to decision-making.

Exceptionally great culture

Current Employee - Copywriter in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Copywriter in Boston, MA

I have been working at DigitasLBi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent benefits, tons of employee perks, good salaries, wonderful people, great office space in a great location

Cons

Lack of structure/clear expectations on certain teams