Dignity Health

Dignity Health Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Dignity Health President, CEO, and Director Lloyd H. Dean

Lloyd H. Dean

Pros
  • Employees are treated with dignity and respect, great benefits (in 13 reviews)

• Good work-life balance if you fight for it (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Business is not run appropriately to attract more doctors for patient care (in 6 reviews)

• Lack of authenticity and transparency between management and employees (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Hello humankindness -such a farce

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsHealth, dental and vision benefits very good.

ConsPaid time off is 20 days a year or so including official holidays. Management spends money on "marketing" the President while laying off people in the facilities and corporate offices. DH promtes hello humankindness aa if they invented the concept of kindness. Kindness starts at home not in advertising spots in newspapers and tv. Management treatment of people very, very poor. Managers in my department treat staff with disrespect. People are starting to leave now that more jobs are available rlsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate leadership should Reduce your salaries and bonuses and use the money to improve services. Stop the junket tours to Italy, London and elsewhere and use company's money for patient care.

Great experience if you give your all

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsOpportunities are given to you when you seek them out
    If you work hard here, people will notice quickly
    lots of different avenues to take with positions, flexibility

Consavoid gossip and do your job well - this goes for anywhere you work

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not be passive with your staff - keep them in line or it does everyone who works with them a diservice (and reflects poorly on you, not them)

Wonderful physicians and nursing staff!

Physical Therapist (Current Employee) San Bernardino, CA

ProsThe hospitalists and nursing care, in general, are exceptional. Highly impressive inpatient orthopedic joint program and inpatient cardia surgery program.

ConsMiddle management, as with many companies, could make it happen to turn around departmental employee satisfaction, if it were a high enough priority.
    CNA's are overworked. DH is listening and addressing EVS issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromotions for all departments, not just nursing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

RN Diginity Health

RN III (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsSalary, benefits, employee retention of up to 35 years, qualified staff

ConsOut-sourcing administration policy, continuous consulting specialist changing protocols

Advice to Senior ManagementTake responsibility for your work, have confidence in yourselves

Dignity

ProsVery clean organization - facilities are nice

ConsVery rude people, two types of co-workers scared or programmed - watch what you say....

Advice to Senior Managementlearn how to build morale

Dignity!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Maria, CA

ProsThe organization has many opportunities and has a positive impact on the community. Job opportunities as well as academic opportunities are plentiful if you choose to pursue them. Health, welfare, and education benefits are some of the best I've seen.

ConsA lot of stress/uncertainty has been created with recent organizational restructuring.

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsGreat benefits, flexible schedules, chance to work with compassionate staff who really care how the patients are treated.

ConsDemanding workloads, I.T. department run like a separate organization with no regard for cost savings.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut out entire upper/middle management layer of IT and give the budget to patient facing staff!

Dignity Health sold the Revenue Cycle Department to Optum 360 - a VERY bad move.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsFlexibility in work hours. Great co-workers.

ConsSupervisors are not expected to understand or have direct knowledge of the job, they are hired to discipline and run reports only. You cannot go to your Supervisor with any kind of question related to your job, Dignity Health sold the Revenue Cycle Dept. to Optum 360, a United HealthCare division knowing full well the Health Care Benefits were some of the worst in the Industry. The transition to Optum 360 was full of lies and deceit so employees would not "bail" before Optum 360 took over, thank you Jack Chapman, former Phoenix Director of Dignity Health. We went from fantastic benefits to the worst overnight all thanks to Lloyd Dean, the CEO of Dignity Health who only seemed to care about pushing Obama Care down our throats and and pushing us to nominate him via surveys as a top leader in the Health Care Industry to advance his own agenda.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire Optum 360, Fire Lloyd Dean/CEO and hire Supervisors with job knowledge.

Dignity Health is a great place to work.

ProsDignity Health is a mission-driven company with many talented, caring people who really do want to make a difference. Dignity Health is the catalyst and encourages its employees to share their unique talents.

ConsComplex healthcare environment; sometimes seen as too risk-averse (it this environment, that could also be seen as a Pro, not a Con)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep sharing the "hello humankindness" vision. It's catching on, both at Dignity Health and beyond.

nightmare implementation

Pharmacy Lead (Current Employee)

Prosn/a - not much good to say

ConsPoor planning, many do-ers no planners

Advice to Senior Managementinvest more in project planning

Worked for Dignity Health? Contribute to the Community!