Dignity Health Reviews

Reset

1. Registered nurse

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Dignity Health part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The employees long standing service excellent quailty staff
    Excellent health benefits wish the older children in family had access to the health benefits
    Loved working in this organization when first hired excellent philoshy and treated fairly and trusted management and each other
    Loved coming to work every day

Cons

To much management interference and to top heavy
    Quality of services decreased due to nurse ratio staffing issues skin thin staffing creates poor patient care
    Uninlightened human resources able to deal with staffing complaints about staffing shortages
    To much bottom line costcutting . Not hiring premium middle and upper management . Non compasion management finds fault and punishes
    Dignity was a wonderful place to work at one time
    Hoping for changes to get back to a more positive place

Advice to Management

Hire better managers to get to know their staff and bring to the table better cost saving ideas to involve the workers and staff to help cut costs instead of staffing the units bare thin to the point of it being dangerous
    Maybe include a way to bring incentive for the staff to help increase revenues and help the organization .
    Counsel management to treat staff with dignity enable a culture of forgiveness and bring back the attitude of the nuns of caring and compassion
    We have a good organization and good people need to work on creating anetter management moto

2. Great company!

I have been working at Dignity Health

Pros

This is the best hospital system I have ever worked for. The people, the benefits, the work environment are all awesome. And, corny as it may seem, I love the commercials!

Cons

Balance of education throughout all the hospitals. Smaller hospitals get less education time than larger facilities.

3. Mission and Values

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time

Pros

Great mission. Great Values.

Cons

Needs new blood. Fresh ideas and forward thinking Sr. Leaders.

Advice to Management

Hire more people from outside Healthcare. Hold everyone accountable for living the values.

5. Registered Nurse

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Liked the attitude of upper management. Great Hospital Administrators. Family oriented

Cons

Much like any place, nothing in particular i didn't like.

6. Corporate Culture

Former Employee - Productivity Systems Supervisor in South Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Productivity Systems Supervisor in South Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Dignity Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The majority of Dignity Health employees exemplify the corporate culture of caring for and nurturing others. There is a strong culture of showing respect for patients and fellow employees.

Cons

Due to many changes in health care laws and regulations Dignity Health, like many other healthcare organizations, has been forced into belt tightening and cutbacks. Unfortunately, the first place cutbacks always occur are in the human capital are of an organization.

7. RCP

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Dignity Health

Pros

Decent pay and benefits, nice folks to work with and admirable out reach to poorer and indigenous populations

Cons

Poor,unrealistic seat of your pants approach to staffing. Proper staffing,to meet the fluctuating demands of patient care is an after thought way behind budgeting. Lack of openness to input and ideas of staff. The current " Hello Humankindness" campaign with mandatory employee retreats has creepy quasi-religious and cult like tone. News! You folks did not invent the concept of " human kindness" !

Advice to Management

Make proper staffing a priority. Find other ways to balance the budget. Treat your employees with more respect. Tone down the religiosity with your public relations campaigns. Concentrate on cultivating well trained professionals.

8. Lab field

Current Employee - Laboratory Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Laboratory Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Dignity Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is slowly getting better. They are starting to see who they are.

Cons

Lots of change which creates instability.

9. Very unorganized place

Former Employee - Food Service Worker in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Food Service Worker in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Dignity Health (Less than a year)

Pros

The people who did the onboarding were very friendly and professional. Occupational Health, in particular, got me in right away because they didn't want my start date to be delayed. Human Resources was helpful when I didn't receive my paycheck for over a month.

Cons

The whole thing started out kind of weirdly. First of all, I never had an interview, but I was still offered the job. That should have been a red flag. But everything went ok as far as the onboarding stuff. I was assigned a time for orientation and was asked to call my manager to inquire about my start date. When I called, the person did not identify herself but told me my start date. I then went to orientation. Something told me I should call to verify the start date. Again, the people in department didn't identify themselves. I was "disconnected." Called back to person laughing when answering the phone. Asked for manager. Was left on hold for 12 minutes. Called back. Manager said he knew nothing of my getting a job there. Eventually started job, but the commute was too far and the wages were insulting for someone with my experience, so I quit after talking to HR. (HR all but said I was making the right decision.) Received a paycheck for only the orientation pay. Inquired why I wasn't paid for other hours worked. Manager said he would get on it. More than a month went by with still no paycheck. Sent several e-mails to manager. No response. Eventually reached out to HR who finally handled the issue. Food and Nutrition Department at Chandler Regional Medical Center is very unorganized and a least 20 years behind the times with technology. I know of no hospital that still does menus by hand. This puts patients at risk who might have food allergies. The people who "trained" me were incompetent and gave me erroneous information. I have over 25 years of clinical nutrition experience and some of the information they gave me was comical but disconcerting. I am particularly disappointed with the manager of that department, however. No one deserves to be ignored, especially when my e-mails were polite and legitimate.

Advice to Management

If you make a mistake, acknowledge it. Do not try to sweep issues under the carpet. Advice to upper management: Hire competent managers.

10. Change Change Change

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Dignity Health

Pros

Benefits and Teamwork environment, the intent to reach out to employees and find ways to make things run smoother, if possible

Cons

With growth comes change and growth is good but lately there's been a lot of change. Received bonus instead of pay raise.

Nice but heavy paper load

Former Employee - Senior IT Project Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior IT Project Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Dignity Health (Less than a year)

Pros

People are caring and committed to doing the job. Project Methodology is in place. Consistent communication among level.

Cons

Political Climate. Lots of paperwork to do which is needed to prove you are doing your job. sometimes the paperwork gets in the way of being effective.
    Systems are not tied together

Advice to Management

You are trying to improve, please continue and make sure your leaders understand what leadership really means and what is expected of them.

RSS Feed </> Embed