Dillard's

Dillard's Reviews in Houston, TX

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Dillard's Chairman and CEO Bill Dillard II

Bill Dillard II

Pros
  • the employee discount was good especially during additional discounts(in 136 reviews)

• Great starting pay that lasted exactly 6 months till first review period(in 66 reviews)

Cons
  • Forced to resign before being "let go" due to outrageous daily sales goals(in 115 reviews)

• The pay starts of decent but when you don't meet your sales goals you can get a pay cut or fired(in 75 reviews)

24 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

The Right Place To Be!!!

Selling Business Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsMedical-401K-25% off discount-1hr lunch break- Great holiday hours- Good people- And most of all a great experience with retail and responsibility. All the needs a company should have.

ConsNot really any, just do your job and be productive, positive, know your CAD, credit apps, and Sell with a smile.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust make everyone feel they are wanted.

Don't get caught up in the trap!

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsDecent pay, flexible hours, weekly pay

ConsOutdated systems, unachievable SPH, must hock credit cards, upper management is clueless

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the sph and pay cuts!

Sales associate

Sales Associate In Home Department (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood pay (if you're full time), if it's busy, it's easy to make your sales, flexible with school/outside life, paid holidays/birthdays.

ConsToo much pressure to make sales, it takes forever to move up to full time even though they tell you you'll be full time after 3 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lie to the new associates. Make them full time after 3 months like you say. Make it easier to get raise goal.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Buisness Manager

Business Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsHonestly...Just the gratis....but it depends on your ASM. I had one that didn't mind giving us stuff and then one that was a hoarder.

ConsASM's are dummies, Store Manager's are even worse, Corporate....don't get me started.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employee's with respect and actual care about them.....You'd be surprised! You might actual have people stay!

Great place to start out

Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood work/personal life balance, good pay

ConsSometimes stressful work environment trying to keep up with a high quota on the slow days

Advice to Senior ManagementWish Management would take more time to fix issues instead of "scoot them under the rug."Nobody cares about everything else you offer the company as long as you're bringing in sales.

One of the most draining jobs I've ever worked.

Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat Paycheck and deals on sales.

ConsThey work you to death, I did 14 days in a row at one point, the people that have been there for multiple years are very hard to work with and steal sales, low morale, no consideration for you and your family, high strung managers who are on your case 24/7 even if you're making sales, you have to worry about sales. If you don't make a certain amount a day/month/year you get a pay cut, then after 2 pay cuts you get fired.The people there made an easy job really stressful.

Advice to Senior ManagementOnly if the store manager likes you, it doesn't matter what you've done for the company.

So-so

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood part time pay, friendly coworkers, good hours

ConsVery stressful and cranky boss

Ok

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFlexible Schedule and close to my place.

ConsDon't like the quota policy.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that you value your employees.

Worked retail for 27 years...just don't work here!

Cosmetics Associate (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe store looks beautiful and upscale.

ConsWhen you do not make your sales goals they will cut your pay. I have never seen anything like it and I have worked for other retailers. Just like running on a treadmill...for example last year will be 400 and they will goal you at 1000.

Advice to Senior Managementwhat will that accomplish...

Lack of Team Players

Sales Associate (Former Employee) The Woodlands, TX

ProsStarting salary higher than other similar retail stores

ConsThe hours, Not backing up employees when following store policies

Advice to Senior ManagementThe manager at this particular store publicly scolds employees like children even in front of customers. Constantly overrides store rules of business and makes employees seem foolish by not adhering to policies that were drummed into employees. Management should strive to crate an atmosphere of "we are all in this together." Perhaps it would cut down on inside stealing by their own floor managers.

Worked for Dillard's? Contribute to the Community!