Dillard's

Dillard's Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Dillard's Chairman and CEO Bill Dillard II

Bill Dillard II

Pros:
  • "If a 25% off discount of high priced items is a good sale then I guess the employee discount"
    in 129 reviews
  • "hourly pay is good and hour are not bad"
    in 44 reviews
Cons:
  • "Forced to resign before being "let go" due to outrageous daily sales goals"
    in 121 reviews
  • "The pay starts of decent but when you don't meet your sales goals you can get a pay cut or fired"
    in 72 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

The Right Place To Be!!!

Selling Business Manager (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsMedical-401K-25% off discount-1hr lunch break- Great holiday hours- Good people- And most of all a great experience with retail and responsibility. All the needs a company should have.

ConsNot really any, just do your job and be productive, positive, know your CAD, credit apps, and Sell with a smile.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust make everyone feel they are wanted.

Work environment

Cosmetics Associate (Current Employee)

ProsThe atmosphere is amazing! It is not the typical retail environment. My fellow coworkers are very helpful and friendly. The vendor perks are nice. Top sellers can get extras or "freebies" from vendors. The store discount is also nice.
    The customers are also friendly and easy to assist.

ConsThere was little training on the company itself. I went straight to the sales floor and learned what I do know of the company and benefits from fellow associates, which is not a bad thing, I just expected it to come from managers.

Wonderful experience and everyone was so friendly!

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Alexandria, LA

Pros. Great pay and incentives.

ConsThey didn't want me to put in a full 40 hours just 38.50 hours

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more money to your top associates.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDiscount is good especially on

ConsSales quota can be hard to fill

Fun place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI really enjoyed working at Dillard's. You get to talk to different people every day and pick out merchandise that they will like. There is a lot of variety to keep it exciting. I learned a lot about selling, customer service, and fashion.

ConsSome departments aren't as busy as others and are harder to make sales in. You really have to take advantage of the Thanksgiving-Christmas season because it is the busiest time.

I love my company I work for

ProsThey are family own business. They will try to work with your schedule the best way they can

ConsLike in every other company or job that we have there are some challenges, they just differ.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing much to say about this area

Dillard's is a great company to work for, because of his people, products, and excellent reputation.

ProsProfessionalism
    Product Quality
    Reputation
    Team Efficiency
    Vendor Partnership

ConsDoesn't have a Comprehensive Health Care Program

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to Review a Comprehensive Health Care Program

Best in Retail

Operations Manager (Current Employee)
    Winston-Salem, NC

ProsDillard's is a great company to work for with fast reward for hard work. Among retailers, Dillard's starts you off with top industry pay and is the only retailer to offer up to three 15% pay increases your first year as a sales associate. After that you can earn up to a 15% increase every year going forward. Room for advancement is never ending as Dillard's prefers to promote from within for every position. If you are service minded and sales driven this is the company for you.

ConsAlthough we have many positions other than sales, to really achieve industry leading pay sales skills are required. If you have the skills with drive and ambition we will definitely have the training to support your growth with this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever stop training, never stop caring and together we will grow an empire of success.

Great place to work

Shoes Manager (Current Employee)
    Marion, IL

ProsGreat place to work, and staff is very friendly and family orientated. Able to juggle family and work.

ConsWish there were more stores in the PNW. Insurance benefits are a little pricey per pay check for a family of 3.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen some stores in the PNW some great competitive markets are in Seattle and Portland.

It is what you put into it. If you are a strong seller you will be extremely successful! Laziness doesn't work here.

Business Manager (Current Employee)

ProsYou have the opportunity to make a significant amount of money for a retail establishment. They start paying quite high and you can continue to receive a raise in pay if you can make your sales.

ConsNeeds to be more organized.

Worked for Dillard's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dillard's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dillard's CEO Bill Dillard II. All 940 reviews posted anonymously by Dillard's employees.