Dimension Data Reviews

Reset
3.3
Dimension Data CEO and Director Brett W. Dawson
Brett W. Dawson

Pros
  • Work life balance is good including festival celebrations (in 16 reviews)

• Nice work environment and colleges (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Fast-paced projects with ambitious deadlines - could compromise on your work-life balance (Being the vendor trying to please the clients) (in 8 reviews)

• You will find that DD understaffed so you can be working very long hours (in 6 reviews)

1. Good Place to Work

I have been working at Dimension Data full-time

Pros

Competitive Salary, professional co workers, great industry reputation

Cons

being a remote worker has its cons

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing and get through the Nexus Merger successfully

2. Not what I expected... Like a prison

I have been working at Dimension Data full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Dimension Data after they had acquired the business before in the cloud department was not what I expected. Yes, every company has their ups and their downs, but to me and my team, there were more negatives than positives. Pros for working at dimension data is that: 1. You get to meet SOME amazing and smart individuals, whom actually make the work day a bit better! and of course, you get to learn a lot of these people. 2. The fact that Dimension data is getting known more globally is cool, especially since they are technology partners with Tour De France! Out of my list of pros, I think that these are the only two I can think of when working at Dimension data, I have been with this company for 2+ years and so far it has been the worse experience of my life. The teams, especially international are very negative when it comes down to being on-call on the weekend or off-shifts, their attitude and communications really brings you down as an individual. I love having to get to work with global people, but Dimension data employees are all sour.

Cons

There are so many cons for this place, you have no idea! 1. Their compensation package is the worse! As a company who gets 8billion in revenue, they pay their workers with nothing. 50-60 hour work weeks, for 40k a year in an area that super expensive to live by yourself. The cost of living far exceeds what we are getting paid, and keep in mind this is BEFORE TAX!!! now imagine after the tax over in America! 2. Their people here are not friendly! Some are! dont get me wrong, but some people are just blame poison to work with! They have such bad attitudes and it definitely reflects how you work - seeing how they are so pushing and want so much of you. 3. The work-life balance is not exisitent. For certain teams, there is no work-life balance, there is just work work work. I dont understand how we can be healthy and happy when this damn company doesn't offer any benefits or packages for you in terms of having a life. 4. Communication - IS THE WORSE HERE!!!! THERE IS NO COMMUNICATION AT ALL. When there is, many of the teams or members do not receive these and they get in trouble for it!!! WTF?

Advice to Management

Management, stop forcing new changes and policies. We can only handle so much when it comes down to working. With these constant changes DAILY! HOW are you expecting us to keep up? when we haven't even fully grasp the old policies and change you implemented? Why do you think so many people DISLIKE our product and platform? It's because of the stuff that you do without fully understanding or consulting with your team members.

3. Great growing company

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Dimension Data full-time

Pros

A global 7 billion dollar company that continues to grow. Lots of career growth opportunities. Leadership is down to earth, approachable. Supports community involvement, provides time off for volunteer activities and hosts many volunteering events and opportunities.

Cons

For a technology company it is a little too "straitlaced" or "conservative" for me but that may be because of it's South Africa roots.

Busy

Former Employee - Test Engineer in Centreville, VA
    Former Employee - Test Engineer in Centreville, VA

I worked at Dimension Data full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Busy Work Place and day went quickly.

Cons

too many to name. Xigo is smell and refuses to expand mindset and direction.

Advice to Management

learn to communicate more, impartiality ad not favortism

Great corporate culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Dimension Data full-time

Pros

Very supportive of their employees, by providing tools and resources to enable your success.

Cons

Just started with them 1 year ago as part of an acquisition. Lots of layers to the corporation and it's sometimes difficult to sort out where to go for assistance on the various offerings.

7. Great Company

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Clinton, MA
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Clinton, MA

I worked at Dimension Data (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company to work for with great benefits.

Cons

The training for all departments is not at the same level

8. Global company with plenty of opportunity, with weak attention to employee feedback.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Dimension Data full-time

Pros

Dimension Data is a global company with branches all over the globe, this gave me exposure over different clients in all part of the world.

Cons

No consistency across the different towers (especially training and how processes are carried out) which is bad for inner communications, and also negatively affects the client. Meetings/Web conferences might be scheduled outside US business hours due to global clientele.

Advice to Management

Listen to feedback from your individual contributors and try to, consistently, ask for their feedback to help narrow the gap between the different towers and also unify the client experience throughout the globe.

Ivory towers + Inexperienced Management= Dissatisfied staff and clients

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centreville, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centreville, VA

I have been working at Dimension Data full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits?????? Trying to fill the 20 word min and I won't be forced to dilute the truth. So please read on while I fill the mandated quota!

Cons

Corporate politics stunt career advancement, Hire and fire mentality, they consume acquisitions faster than they digest IP leaving new business and base clients to flounder, No true leadership, steer clear of TEM side, underpaid staff leaving in droves, investment of staff education is selective.

Advice to Management

Lead by example through the values that you endorse. Pay your staff in accordance with their experience and value. Executive leadership need take a better look at management staff and their qualifications.... results speak for themselves. You've created an atmosphere of distrust among and with your staff. It will be a long road to right set the course. Good luck to you, I am hopeful this dept is not a representation of the global employee experience or the company is headed for tougher times.

Client Service Representative

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Dimension Data

Pros

The colleagues are great and it's a pretty relaxed work environment. Everyone in all departments are accessible, and there is room for growth.

Cons

Overall, the work load is overwhelming, and for the amount of work done, I feel extremely underpaid. My job role requires a lot more than originally understood, and compensation would be the least Dimension Data could offer their employees. I am overworked and underpaid.

Advice to Management

Pay you employees more!

11. Invoice Dimension Data clients in the client

Current Employee - Contracted Invoice Coordinator in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Contracted Invoice Coordinator in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Dimension Data (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent company to work for, great benefits, great people and you are always busy.

Cons

No cons to working there.

RSS Feed </> Embed