Dimension Data

Updated January 20, 2015
3.4

Dimension Data CEO and Director Brett W. Dawson
Brett W. Dawson

Pros
  • Work life balance is good including festival celebrations (in 16 reviews)

• They take great care of you and have a great work environment (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • This makes work/life balance extremely challenging (in 8 reviews)

• Fast pace sometimes means long hours (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent management

I have been working at Dimension Data

Pros

Great to work with and good culture.

Cons

commuting is a problem and daunting at times

A great place to work

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Dimension Data full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fairly competitive (but not overly generous) salaries. However, I also received an above target bonus 3 years in a row.
    Teamwork and success is highly valued and there is very much a "can-do" attitude in evidence amongst managment and the rest of the company.
    Good opportunites for promotion and further educatioin/qualiifications paid for by the company.
    Occasional opportunites to travel (not excessively though)
    Working from home a couple of days per week is an accepted part of the culture and management seem quite happy with this provided the job gets done, and there is no impact on the client.
    Senior management including the Managing Director (usually around bonus time) will go around and approach reletively junor employees to personally thank them for their ontribution during the year - this is hugely motivating.

Cons

Other than occasional office politics (which exists in every large organisation) there is very little to complain about.
    The management structure is very flat so there are not layers and layers of management and bureaucracy to deal with. Ths is a good thing many ways, but occasionally proper processes are not put in place until after a problem has arisen.
    Although I work a Monday to Friday standard business hours, occasionally I will receive an urgent phone call out of hours or on weekends which has to be dealtt with quickly.

Communcation could be improvied a litle. This is a minor issue though and for the most part i have confidence in senior management and the direction they are taking the company.

Awesome company!

I have been working at Dimension Data full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been here for little over a year and this is an awesome place to work! The California office is outgoing, fun!, and brings life to the work force on a daily basis. They atmosphere makes you work hard everyday! The people, no matter what department you are in, are all friendly and super smart. There is so much potential and growth at this company.

Cons

Some delays in getting stuff done in other departments, but nothing a little nudge won't hurt

Keep up the good job, catered lunches more! :)

A great place to work

I have been working at Dimension Data full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are loads of opportunity to advance if you put the effort in. There is a focus on employee retention, and work life balance. While sometimes after hours work is necessary working in a 24x7 global environment it is recognized. There are many parts to the company, and as such there are many different directions to take your career. You just need to understand what is out there, keep an eye on the tools provided and keep in contact with your manager. They will help you evaluate your current skills with the direction you want to take your career and provide opportunities, when available, to bring your skill set up to where it needs to be for that future role.

Cons

As mentioned above, sometimes calls after the standard 9-5 day are required when working in a global company.

Keep listening to your staff and keep doing what you are doing.

Nice place to work

I have been working at Dimension Data

Pros

excellent culture and strong values

Cons

Reduced carreers opps.
    work in silos from other operations around the globe.

A great place to work and grow, however, nothing will be handed to you. If you put in the work, you reap the rewards!

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Dimension Data full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, a company that understands the definition of the term "work / life balance," challenging projects, a company that wants to be on the bleeding edge of technology offerings, global footprint, opportunities to grow if you want them. For those who show initiative, this company rewards them handsomely. If you're just a bump on a log waiting for something to be handed to you, it's not going to happen for you.

Cons

Very little in terms of cons. This company looks out for its employees and does what it can do hang to talent.

Great company to work with. Always a step ahead of the curve

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Dimension Data full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good work life flexibility, great career prospects for the properly motivated. Always looking forward and adapting to the next transformation in the ever changing ICT industry.

Cons

Matrix management approach which is generally good but there are some issues with division of labour, reporting lines and responsibilities between National Vs State, and Professional Services vs Managed Services.

Solid people. Wonderful workplace!

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Dimension Data full-time

Pros

Work-life balance, People, Company Values, training, Pers

Cons

Healthcare, none, none, none, none, none

Changed my life forever.

Former Employee - Product Marketing Intern in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Product Marketing Intern in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Dimension Data as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I am honored to have been a part of the Dimension Data family as an intern. It was incredible to interact with such friendly knowledgable people. I was provided skills that will last me a lifetime. The company took me under their wing and donated their time to my learning. I had an extraordinary mentor who I can now look to for future guidance.

Cons

I wish I had more time with the company to donate more to my commentary. From my experience, I did not endure any cons.

From conversations I have heard around the office, employees find it hard to move up in the company. Dimension Data is a company with incredible potential to blossom!

Good company to work for

Current Employee - Programmer Manager in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Programmer Manager in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Dimension Data full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Have a balanced work life balance. Company knows that it has to look after it's primary resource - it's people. It doesn't always get it right, but if you are proactive, you should enjoy your self here. They want you to learn and grow.

Cons

Lack of change management when restructuring. Sometimes too sales focused, but they are always client focused.

Dimension Data Photos