Dion's Pizza Reviews

3.4
CEO

1. Dion's Review

I worked at Dion's Pizza full-time

Pros

Working on day crew was awesome. You stayed busy most of the time and you get free food after every shift. Also, the hourly wage is higher for day crew.

Cons

When the store was not busy, people got sent home early. Honestly, there was not must to complain about. The company treated me well and worked with my schedule.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and making tasty pizza. I like how the menu is simple and straight forward. You usually know what you are going to get.

2. awful experience.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Dion's Pizza full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, great values, great company. Most shift managers are cool!!

Cons

Sucky upper level management. The general managers in this market are absolutely awful!!!

Advice to Management

Most assistants in the lubbock area are great

3. Great first time job where you may or not may move up.

Current Employee - Expert
    Current Employee - Expert

I have been working at Dion's Pizza part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I learned a lot about how to interact with customers. I built up my leadership and communication skills and learned how to work in a fast paced environment.

Cons

You work with teenagers and management is young. It is very hard to move up. No fair chances are given. It has everything to do with if your general manager likes you or not. Immature environment. I don't recommend that anyone work there for too long. Get further experience in the real world.

Advice to Management

The environment can get stressful very quickly. Make sure that management knows how to treat employees in a respectful way rather than people who joined the military. Respect your employees and they will want to work hard for you. Beat them down and they will walk out.

5. Good first job

I worked at Dion's Pizza full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good top management, clean, fair, adequate training

Cons

Poor immediate management, teenage politics, low pay, managers don't necessarily support workers

6. Good experience based on location.

Current Employee - Crew Member in Rio Rancho, NM
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Rio Rancho, NM

I have been working at Dion's Pizza part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a good first job, flexible schedules (unless you want friday and Saturdays off). Depending on who your managers are, you will be treated with respect, they don't hire manager right off the bat, they have to know Dions and have worked there first

Cons

Sometimes they will hire and train managers who play favorites and base your chance at getting a raise and doing what you want on the manager. Dions gets VERY busy and often times will be understaffed. They will critize your quality while making food, but while you try to follow the process they created will tell you, you need to go faster. Also, although managers will sometimes be scheduled to help out, they won't help with anything -including cleaning

Advice to Management

Make sure managment is fit for their position, and that they won't abuse it. Hire the people who are willing to help others.

7. Family friendly company with strong values

Pros

Dion's cares about its employees, high school kids to those in the home office. Great culture.

Cons

The only con I experienced was that the day shifts in the restaurants were reserved for older adults and were difficult to get into as a recently graduated high school student.

8. Fantastic first job

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Dion's Pizza part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Dion's is extremely flexible with the hours that you work and are willing to work with your schedule. You can request as much time off as you need. The higher up you get in the company, the more they care about your personal growth. You're eligible for a raise during each review period and the management teams in my experience were very fair about giving them out. As a manager there I got paid very well for what I was doing and was able to balance going to school and finishing my degree with work and a social life. The people you work with become as close to you as family.

Cons

There aren't very many opportunities for professional growth in the company in general and it's pretty close to impossible to cross over from working in the stores to working in the corporate office since the positions that open are few and far between.

Advice to Management

There's a disconnect between the corporate office and the stores - I think it would be very beneficial for members of the corporate team to spend more time in stores and see daily operations in action.

9. Worst Job Ever!!!

Pros

No good thing about this job.

Cons

I had just turned 16 at the time and they over worked me everyday and they had me doing the graveyard shift. I was supposed to leave at 10 but wouldn't leave till 11:30pm or later because after I finished they had me do others jobs claiming it was teamwork. They other coworkers were really mean and rude. I was supposed to learn cashier never even learned it because they had me cleaning all day everyday (dining room). There was only one time I did salads and wasn't even able to learn that cause they kept making me answer phone calls. Only worked there for about a month really hated my job and life by that point.

Advice to Management

Be nicer of your younger employees

10. Overall Review

Former Employee - Dion's Pizza in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Dion's Pizza in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Dion's Pizza part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really flexible work environment, easy to request off work or have shifts picked up. Thorough training session before first day of work. Fun people to work with. Great managers.

Cons

My biggest con is that there isn't much room for growth. Only a few people actually receive pay raises and even fewer are promoted to a management position.

11. It is a fun place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Flexible schedule and good pay

Cons

Disorganized management and favorite game

Advice to Management

Do not choose favorites

RSS Feed </> Embed