Diosynth RTP

www.diosynthbiotechnology.com
  www.diosynthbiotechnology.com

Diosynth RTP Reviews

Jacques van Kimmenaede

An ok place to start your career as a chemist

I worked at Diosynth RTP

Pros

Excellent lab supervisors and senior associates. Coworkers are great

Cons

Lab manager was very demanding. Production always pushing lab to pass samples

It used to be a good job.

Former Employee - Senior Associate Biologist in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Associate Biologist in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Diosynth RTP

Pros

Interesting work involving Microbiology and Biotechnology. As a contract lab you work with different client samples and testing for sterility. It is a smaller facility so you really get to know everyone that you work with. There is always something new to learn or work on new projects. I worked with some really good people at one point in time. Not sure how many of those people are still around after layoffs.

Cons

Due to the contract nature of the testing, the work comes and goes with the economy and the number of clients that the company is working with. There are times when there is really not a lot of work for everyone to go around. The company has been bought and sold numerous times and it's current owner is Merck. Merck has another facility closeby so there is constant chatter about closing the plant down and layoffs.

For some reason being a Microbiologist for 7 years now I have learned that many people with college degrees revert back to acting like 2 year olds who tattle tale on others and can't mind their own business. I don't understand why, there are no raises or promotions in this economy.

Also, there is preferential treatment given to some analysts over others. If you enjoy sucking up to the boss, then this is a good job for you. Good luck getting ahead of the pack. As with any Quality Assurance position in Biotech and Pharmaceuticals, production comes first and the analysts come in second if not third. People with less education are respected more than you, get used to it.

Most people in the lab are college educated people, treat them as such.

Student Contractor

I worked at Diosynth RTP

Pros

The atmosphere is very laid back, the engineers are very on top of their game. Of the people I've met there, they are all very friendly and also focused and driven.

Cons

It is a smaller company and there is most likely not much room for career advancement for technical people. The paperwork to have access to do anything seems redundant at times.

I think the company is being run by very competent people as far as I can tell. Keep it a meritocracy and get the capable people to the top.