Direct Agents

Direct Agents Reviews

Updated Mar 25, 2014

Direct Agents Co-Founder & Managing Director Dinesh Boaz

Dinesh Boaz

Has come a long way in a short time

ProsIf you know how to do your job you'll get a lot of independence and flexibility

ConsWorkload is often stressful -- seems like many employees are stretched thin.

Advice to Senior Managementmore bonuses and fewer morale boosters like parties and bagel fridays

Growing Company

ProsGrowing Company
    Lax dress code
    Nice employees

ConsMicromanaged
    Strict hours
    Compensation/benefits package could be better

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your employees breathe.

Good opportunity for earning

ProsLots of earning potential
    People are great
    Small company feel

I've been here for a year + and have had the time to see people leave and write negative reviews (i'm even friends with some of them so I can say what I say next with confidence)

The people who are angry or upset are constantly those who want to get by under the radar and not actually give it their all. I care about what I do and I have goals for myself so i'm always pushing. Its a small company so there is plenty to do and plenty of opportunity - if you don't want to capitalize on it that's fine - more money for me.

Great company for those who want to work hard, earn, and grow. If you are looking to be another number go to Google.

ConsHealth benefits could be better
    401K match please

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Super bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Office location in Soho
    - Relaxed dress code
    - Company events
    - Ping pong table

Cons-Owners have built their business on lying to their clients and bullying their employees.
    - Inexperienced managers and an untrained/poorly trained staff. Quality employees leave and the bad ones eventually get promoted if they stick around long enough.
    - Micromanagement. Everything you do is being closely watched. Call times logged, emails read, time away from your desk is monitored, etc.
    -Extremely hostile work environment. Socializing is prohibited. Talking, texting and/or web surfing are frowned upon, and you will be scolded.
    - Most people are miserable, overworked and paranoid.
    -No work/life balance. Come early, stay late, and for Pete's sake, do not even think about leaving the office first or before 6pm!
     -Employees are viewed as replaceable. No respect, trust or faith in the people they hire.
    -High turnover rate. For every new person hired, at least 3 are out the door.
    -Lots of shady business practices that trickle from upper management all the way down.
    - “ HR” is very closely linked to management and does not protect, advocate or care about anything other than their own job and the protection of the Direct Agents brand.

****Most, if not all, positive reviews are likely to have been written by HR or managment. Positive reviews are false, and the bad reviews are the reality you will experience upon accepting a job at Direct Agents.

Do not let the fancy furniture comfort you, the "nice" manager lie to you, the ping pong table entertain you, their sales pitch convince you and their company "values" destroy you. You've now been warned, so be wise and beware.

Advice to Senior Management-Staff needs to be revamped.
    -Treat your employees with the dignity and respect they deserve.
    -Lead by example.

It all goes downhill

ProsBagel Fridays
    Proximity to subway
    Some employees and managers are superb

ConsYou feel like you're always being watched
    Self-serving, wishy washy management
    Monotonous
    No opportunity
    Lack of respect

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about your employees. Trust in your employees. Quit breathing down their neck and let them do their job. Create company culture and values.

Nice Place to Work

Pros- very strong client / publisher base
    - excellent company projection/ goal, i been in too many other companies where they really don't have a real year end goal
    - lots of individual attention
    - competitive pay, really nice to have an uncapped commission for sales
    - awesome co-workers
    - great flexibility, can work from home if needed
    - nice office
    - nice perks
    - cool looking office

Cons- wished the health insurance was cheaper
    - can be quite some times , but i don't mind, there is a time and place for everything
    - some long hours are needed
    - matching 401k would be nice
    - really fast paced sometimes, but i like it, definitely keeps me on my feet and hard to get bored

Advice to Senior Management- please look into improving your benefits
    - lets also have more town hall meetings
    - more bagel Fridays please!

Good company with lots of earning potential

ProsGood place to make money - they don't cap commissions and do tons of marketing so there are inbound leads. Good name in the space makes selling easier than selling for a no name company.

ConsBecause its a smaller company there is a lot expected of you but if you are looking to shine its perfect.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore leads for sales people would be amazing

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

I really do enjoy my job!

ProsEvery day is exciting and unique. The company gives its employees a lot of independence and you will be in charge of your own day. Yes, there are deadlines, but there is also a lot of support from managers and other team members. The company offers multiple monetary incentives with various bonuses and contests. Being successful is easy if you stay focused and work together.

ConsPeople like to complain and it creates a negative work environment, which leads to more people not wanting to work hard. It hurts the performance of people who are positive and happy and want to have a productive day. I wish there was a way that these people could focus on the good parts of having a job more often.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to tell upper management and HR how hard your team is working and the great things they accomplish every day.

Growing Digital Firm

Advertising Sales (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsAs a sales person, I was looking for a company that would support me through the initial growing pains that come with starting a new position. I have been lucky to work with a manager that is willing to commit the time to help me build my book of business. I have already been promoted and will soon be building out my own sales team.

I am proud of the work I have done here, and am looking at a bright future

ConsLike other sales positions, it is a work hard mentality. You have to be ready to hit the ground running.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to learn and grow as a group. Continued communication between departments

Poor attitudes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun outside-of-work activities, good office location at Astor Place.

ConsOften nasty to clients or provide them with misleading information, a lot of unhappy employees, poor treatment of employees and constant employee turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe respectful towards those under you, rather than treating everyone like they are replaceable. You'd be surprised at what people can do when they truly want to work for you rather than just being there to collect paychecks.

Worked for Direct Agents? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Direct Agents reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Direct Agents CEO Dinesh Boaz. All 27 reviews posted anonymously by Direct Agents employees.