Direct Line (UK)

Add Photos

Paul Geddes

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good Company

Strategic Portfolio Analyst (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsRelaxed atmosphere, Clever people, Loyal employees

ConsOld school sometimes as a lot of people have been there for years.

Advice to Senior ManagementShake things up a bit and bring in new people and more diversity

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Do not work here unless you are considering it for the short term

Personal Assistant to MD (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsDecent benefits, Pay okay, some managers are dynamic

ConsI worked at the London office of NIG, Directline for 6 months supporting the MD as a PA for a maternity cover. Disgraceful management did not punish bullying, rude staff, blame culture feared by job insecurity, imposed unrealistic targets on staff. Management constant decision changing led to long overtime hours sometimes into the night. Micromanagement. Disciplinaries rife when they want to get rid off you and they do not need you anymore. Unfair practice - you need to be a fighter to withstand the blame imposed on you as they will find any reason. Impossible to develop your career. Management sacking people who they simply did not like.....

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers need training in order to educate themselves how to manage staff during a period of job losses. Stop blame culture. Management need to be constructive with their criticism and encourage job development.

Direct Line Group it's all "Window Dressing"

Department Head (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsDiscounted insurance products
    Salaries are above market average

ConsI had great hopes when I joined Direct Line Group, but unfortunately I soon found that behind the employee glossy brochures there was very little. Direct Line Group talk about their behaviours and values, but again this is window dressing as in practice you are treated as a number not a person. There are so many layers to the DLG organisation that as an employee it is hard to find the person responsible for a particular task as so many people will be involved ... no wonder our insurance premiums are so expensive ...!

Advice to Senior ManagementReview the structure of the company, eliminate the duplicated roles and implement a clear structure that is visible to all employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor management, bad corporate ethics

Change Analyst (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsNone, a lot has been promised but not much delivered

ConsBad management, hideous performance management, legacy systems, very bad IT, disgusting culture of people.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not lie to your people,

Serious concerns over future success

Marketing (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

Prosgood team and people - go out and drink a lot.
    Good pay if you negotiate

Constotal lack on innovation, process, bloated middle management, nothing gets done, regardless of the endless meetings. Business seems to fight fires rather than plan strategically for the future.
    Bromley!!!
    Losing buisness hand over fist to other competitors! (in a serious way!!!!)

Advice to Senior Managementsack middle management - upgrade IT systems - focus on innovation.

Worked for Direct Line (UK)? Contribute to the Community!